Personal Golem Banker not working

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Elfo Bianco.3786

Elfo Bianco.3786

Personal Golem Banker doesn’t work, it appears but when I try to talk the bank screen doesn’t open…

Posted by: Kretsia.6127

Kretsia.6127

Yeah, I started having the same problem this morning. Sometimes he even breaks immediately after I summon him :/

My guess it’s a bug caused by the new updates?? Hopefully it will clear up soon.

Posted by: Goatsta.2091

Goatsta.2091

All well and good but time is ticking on and it will have finished its 2 weeks up

Elfo Bianco.3786

After a day and another update the Personal Golem Banker is still bugged… and yes the timer never stop

Posted by: Mercius.5389

Mercius.5389

I’m having the same problem on a new character. The Golem Banker is fantastic when it is working, could we have an extension or something for when/if this is fixed?

Posted by: Hugonistacious.6352

Hugonistacious.6352

This is also not working for me. It appears and you try to interact but it just turns toward you and disappears after 10 seconds. I did get it to work in a city once by opening it again right as it disappeared but so far can’t open it in any explorable area. Please fix..

Posted by: Padraillas.2346

Padraillas.2346

Okay, it is still bugged out as far as I am aware, but ifyou open your inventory and double click the Golem, sometimes it will open, it will also instantly break at the same time, so if you’re lucky you can use it that way.

But other than that is is bugged as all hell. And hopefully we’re compensated by maybe an extra few days on our Banker, but that maybe a little easier said than done I suppose.

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Same here.
The Golem Banker seems to work a single time with a new character on a delux account and then never again.

Posted by: ZephyrKAS.7013

ZephyrKAS.7013

I also have an issue with mine: Never used it, but it says the time has expired.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

My banker golem dies immediately when summoned, but the bank window usually does appear.

I also have an issue with mine: Never used it, but it says the time has expired.

I think the free one from the gem store a month or two ago was activated on receipt. That may be why yours is already expired.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

ditto sent a report though the support menu hopefully we get this nipped in the bud.

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

My golem banker appears, but the bank window does not open. After a few moments he disappears.

It did work at least once, when I took it from the mail.

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Yup. 4 days left on my charr Ranger. Same issue. Banker broken. Can’t get it to work anywhere.

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

I also can not access this. obviously its a glitch with your system, but if i lose any time at all its pointless in the first place. I saved it all this time from when i first created my toon over a year ago with my deluxe edition (kinda forgot about it on a toon i don’t often play till now = D) to use now and i can not I would hope the time is reset or send a new one to those of us who have written a ticket about it.
You can click on the banker to pop him out but when u click again you can not access your bank and then it disappears.

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

(edited by Kelly.7019)

Posted by: SolidCypher.8214

SolidCypher.8214

Seeing the same bug here, this is rather annoying – I hope this is both fixed and people experiencing the issue have the timer on the golem reset.

Bellizare.5816

I also sent an in-game report several hours ago.

Perhaps they could care less?

Posted by: GM Talon.8726

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Next

We are aware of this particular issue and our Quality Assurance team is investigating at this time. I’ll update here again once I have more information to share. Thanks for bringing this up, everyone!

Bellizare.5816

Still broken : <

Posted by: Lynx Rufus Californicus.2958

Lynx Rufus Californicus.2958

Funny thing is, it did work once or twice when I rolled up a new character, a few times, actually. Then, zippo. Pops up, lingers a few seconds, then gone.

Bellizare.5816

I am using the one that you get with the deluxe digital edition. Is the one you buy with gems broken as well? I don’t want to waste the gems to find out.

Previous

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Next

The Golem Banker from the gem store is not experiencing this issue, only the one from the CE/DDE upgrade.

I hope to have an update for y’all on this tomorrow when more folks are in the studio. Thanks for your patience!

Bellizare.5816

The Golem Banker from the gem store is not experiencing this issue, only the one from the CE/DDE upgrade.

I hope to have an update for y’all on this tomorrow when more folks are in the studio. Thanks for your patience!

My patience is wearing a bit thin as a matter of fact.

(edited by Bellizare.5816)

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

I recently created a character and experienced this too.

I though it was something related to lag or my conection, but i can confirm the banker golem is pretty broken most of the time…though, sometimes I made it work.

I’m not very motivated to submit a ticket asking for a refound since it’s something it doesnt really bugs me but, do you think affected new characters could ask for a replacement after the issue is fixed?

(edited by Jade Arkadian.9280)

Previous

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Next

Update:

We’ve identified the issue and the fix will be implemented with an upcoming release. Once the fix has been confirmed to be working, I will update this thread again to let everyone know. We will be sending one of these Golem Bankers to each account that was affected by the bug shortly thereafter.

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

That’s good news. Thanks for the update Talon

(edited by Jade Arkadian.9280)

Posted by: AirLocke.1203

AirLocke.1203

Thank you, please keep us posted.

Posted by: Canin.1046

Canin.1046

woo! Glad to see we are getting an extra golem banker as compensation thats pretty awesome. Glad this bug is going to be fixed. It hasn’t been a major problem for me really but it gets annoying when I want to save an item for later.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Update:

We’ve identified the issue and the fix will be implemented with an upcoming release. Once the fix has been confirmed to be working, I will update this thread again to let everyone know. We will be sending one of these Golem Bankers to each account that was affected by the bug shortly thereafter.

That’s awesome. Thanks much for the update. My husband and I both get one with new characters and it can be frustrating when you try to use it. It’s an extra bonus that we’ll get a replacement too. Thanks for the incoming fix!

Posted by: Corrada.7304

Corrada.7304

Upgrade to HC version and….voila golem BUGED again!

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

Yeah my golem is bugged too. Aprreciate the heads up and replacement golems. TY

Posted by: Dunkelfee.4675

Dunkelfee.4675

For the time until the fix: Under water the golem works. I tried it on several places all over the map and voilà: there he is :-) funny banker wants to swim instead of working^^

Posted by: wildsprite.3420

wildsprite.3420

Dunkelfee does the bank itself open when you summon the golem banker under water? for me the banker golem appears then after a few seconds looks around then shrugs and goes away

Posted by: Dunkelfee.4675

Dunkelfee.4675

In water (not standing but really swimming) it opens at once, no further interaction.
But what you describe happens to me on land.

Bellizare.5816

In water (not standing but really swimming) it opens at once, no further interaction.
But what you describe happens to me on land.

I also get bank access while under water.

I did not see the actual golem however. A soon as I clicked on the golem in my inventory, the bank window opened.

Previous

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Next

To clarify the bug a bit, the first time you use it, it will succeed in creating a banker golem that works. However, any use of the item afterwards will result in creating a golem that does nothing and disappears after a few seconds have passed.

Bellizare.5816

To clarify the bug a bit, the first time you use it, it will succeed in creating a banker golem that works. However, any use of the item afterwards will result in creating a golem that does nothing and disappears after a few seconds have passed.

Unless you are under water of course.

Warning, until level 8 you are barracuda bait under water.

Posted by: jetjordan.9403

jetjordan.9403

I have found that you can keep moving away and clicking on it and it will sometimes let you into your bank. This has taken me from 2-3 tries to a lot. Sometimes it doesn’t work at all though. I hope we get our golems back once they fix this.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

What will happen when the banker expires before the fix? Do we get a new one?

Posted by: hamster bryan.8469

hamster bryan.8469

i have had that to it got stuck on 4days left

Posted by: LabeledAMisfit.2105

LabeledAMisfit.2105

Having this issue as well.. I thought maybe I was using him wrong XD. Good to see a fix coming soon.

Elfo Bianco.3786

Time Expired on my Golem XD. Waiting for the upcoming fix and thanks to GM Talon for his help to the topic.

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

i assume it hasn’t been fixed yet as there isn’t another GM update… so waiting on next patch i suppose, cause i started mine 2weeks ago(ish) and now have 4 days left and still can not use this

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Posted by: RexSan.8197

RexSan.8197

Please fix this one — am really tired of trying to use it and it is costly to teleport to city with a banker — frustrating for a new player .

Bellizare.5816

Please fix this one — am really tired of trying to use it and it is costly to teleport to city with a banker — frustrating for a new player .

You can access your bank at any crafting station. Go to your home WvW (for free). Crafting stations, BL trader etc. When you exit you are returned to where you were to begin with.

Bellizare.5816

Hey, they fixed it in this patch. They didn’t

We will be sending one of these Golem Bankers to each account that was affected by the bug shortly thereafter.

yet.

Posted by: OctopusX.7185

OctopusX.7185

sometimes you can think they are using us as test lab rats lmao

Posted by: Ness.9872

Ness.9872

No countdown reset and no free banker on my characters either.

Hey, they fixed it in this patch. They didn’t

We will be sending one of these Golem Bankers to each account that was affected by the bug shortly thereafter.

yet.

Previous

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Next

This should be fixed now. Anyone still having an issue?

EDIT: Whoops, that’s what I get for leaving this open and not refreshing the page for a couple of days! >.> We’ll be gathering some necessary information and sending the replacement golems out soon (aiming for within 48 hours of this post). Once they’ve been distributed, I’ll update here again.

(edited by GM Talon.8726)

Previous

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Next

The replacement golems were sent out a few minutes ago via in-game mail. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Posted by: hamster bryan.8469

hamster bryan.8469

nope no mail for me ;(