Personal Story Audio Problem

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tuskin.2548

Tuskin.2548

In the Personal Story conversation cutscenes there would be no voice audio. This would happen randomly and its always the npc. The npc would talk but there would be no audio, then the player would talk and the rest of the cutscene would have audio.

Posted by: TwistingPlanets.4079

TwistingPlanets.4079

Would love an answer on this one as well.

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

I have experienced this now so often on so many different parts of the personal story for different races from level 10 up to level 80 that it does not make any sense anymore to report specific missing parts.

I’m not sure, if it’s always the NPC part that is missing but at least most of the time it is. From my experience around 10-20% of the NPC voice acting is currently missing.

It’s time to assign someone to go through all dialogs and fix the missing parts.
Asking for reports from players is nothing but a sorry excuse.

Posted by: BobbyStein

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

The Audio team is investigating. In the meantime, see if moving the audio quality slider to Fastest helps.

F11 > Sound Options > Sound Quality: Fastest

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I hope they find the problem. The first sentence, often, is missing from cut-scenes ever since that last big patch (couple of weeks ago?).

Good luck.

Posted by: Ellen.1820

Ellen.1820

yup, happening for all my characters since the last big patch too

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

After testing the sugestion and reading up on old audio bugs.
I’ve noticed a patern-ish
When ever a npc first talks AND they mention the players title. The audio vanishes.
If the player title is mentioned at a later point in the conversation and is not part of the npc’s first line in the dialoge. it is hit and miss.
This does not cover when the player’s audio is missing however. but it should help the audio team get closer to a fix i hope.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

I tried “The Mystery Cave” with the sound quality set to fastest.

The cutscenes still had various lines muted, such as, “Wynne: Please, Faolain. Stop this. Please. I promised our mother I wouldn’t tell anyone. Please…let’s go talk to her.” Caithe’s previous line and Faolain’s subsequent line were both audible.

G R E E N E R

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

The Audio team is investigating. In the meantime, see if moving the audio quality slider to Fastest helps.

F11 > Sound Options > Sound Quality: Fastest

does not help a bit at all . and for me its been a mix bag of some of the npc,s talking but no voice or my toon talking and no voice at all. and it happened the same time the last patch was put out . be nice to have this fixed soon

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

I did as suggested and changed my sound quality to fastest. I did the lvl40 Vigil storyline today. I got a video of all of the cutscenes and I have kept the ones that had this audio glitch. I have 7 of them, most are about a minute in length. I will be uploading them to youtube tomorrow morning and will then link them here. Maybe it will help explain what is going on. I have noticed that it is always the NPCs that have no sound and never my character.

you can’t fix stupid

Posted by: Korentin.3957

Korentin.3957

I have this problem as well, and no changing the quality slider doesn’t help. Lines go silent all the time seemingly randomly.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

In the Waypoint Conundrum Mission, Taimi’s audio line “Everyone stand back,…” is silent. In Rallying the Call mission, Kasmeer first conversation with the Sylvari warden was silent. Audio quality is set to medium, i’ll try moving it to faster for future missions.

Posted by: Archomeda.6472

Archomeda.6472

I just encountered this issue as well. It was during the Whispers of Vengeance personal story. In it, Korukhan the Blacksmith didn’t have some VO lines in the cutscenes.

If I remember correctly, the following lines were missing VO (copied from the wiki):

• Korukhan the Blacksmith: There you are. Time to start earning your keep, initiate. The Vigil and Priory teams have already moved in, so your path is clear.
  • Korukhan the Blacksmith: That’s too ambitious initiate. The Order of Whispers is dedicated to stopping all the dragons, but we don’t have the resources for direct confrontation.
  • Korukhan the Blacksmith: Lion’s Arch is also your next stop, initiate. There’s a Whispers contact waiting with your first official mission. Look for a vendor selling apples…and good luck.

I also sent a bug report ingame, listed under Audio > Cutscenes. Maybe that will help. My audio quality is set to highest.

Posted by: TwistingPlanets.4079

TwistingPlanets.4079

Tried fastest on the audio quality, didn’t help. Thanks for looking into things.

Posted by: DoggySpew.4529

DoggySpew.4529

Doing PS with a new character, and in the dialogue cutscenes, the voices drop. Usually after switching to a new npc starts talking, the first thing they say is just silence, while the second thing is audible.
Anyone have this issue and can it be fixed?

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

I noticed something on the french client about some NPC lines.
Everytime a NPC refer to a female PC, there is no sound and the NPC doesn’t even move its mouth.
I think there is some revoicing work in the loop but not sure.

Example:
Norn story, Eir start a dialogue and suddently goes silent since her line says something about the “pourfendeuse” (female for wurmslayer). Then the sound comes back again because her lines are not dependent on the PC. Afterwards, Eir is speaking in the instance and call me “pourfendeuse”. This was striking since Eir’s actor changed during season2 so it is clear what is original dialogue and what is new.
I dont know if it is related but maybe the de-activation of some gendered language did also cancel the english version

Posted by: KillerRabbit.1946

KillerRabbit.1946

I’ve been having this Voice Over issue on my new Charr Personal Story on several cutscenes. Most of the times there was one line missing VO in each mission.

In case it helps I’m adding a list of the dialogs missing VO I saw today. The first one in the list I reported in-game, and actually tried it two times (closing game before completing mission) and with the sound on the fastest option, the exact same dialog line was missing it’s VO.

Tribune Torga Desertgrave
The legionnaire will take one mission; Fengar can handle the other.

Centurion Volante Tornpaw
An Ash soldier? In my camp?Ah… Wroda. I suspected you were one of Torga’s spies. Get out of my sight, both of you, before I pull your teeth and use ’em as caltrops.

Rytlock Brimstone
Reckless. Audacious. Risky, too. I like it! I’ll be on your tail when I have the troops to back your play. Good luck, Legionnaire.

Rytlock Brimstone
Fine. We do it your way. Sicaea, take Torga back to the Citadel. The legionnaire and I will handle Trybulus.

Hope it helps
Edit: Added italic to ‘legionnaire’ text to mark it, since others say it seems to be related. Though one of the lines does not include it.

(edited by KillerRabbit.1946)

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

I am having similar issues with cut-scene audio particularly where the audio for any dialog line that references the player character (e.g initiate, commander, etc) will not play.

All other audio lines play fine.

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Doing PS with a new character, and in the dialogue cutscenes, the voices drop. Usually after switching to a new npc starts talking, the first thing they say is just silence, while the second thing is audible.
Anyone have this issue and can it be fixed?

It seems that everyone is having this issue, or at least a lot of people. Friends I know and it’s been mentioned in the forums a few times at least. It doesn’t seem like there is a fix. It is most likely on Anet’s end. Something isn’t triggering correctly for whatever reason. The fix will most likely be with an update hopefully not too far in the future.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: HGLatinBoy.9174

HGLatinBoy.9174

I was doing Story with my mesmer to get her into the Priory Order a few days ago and just about ever major story cutscene had at least 1 missing audio section.

Posted by: Atenhara.2947

Atenhara.2947

I installed win 10 a couple weeks ago. Since then I have noticed that the story voices sometimes fade out or are gone. Sometimes just one line or until it changes to the next person to speak in a story conversation.

Side note: ACT gets stalled out after parsing log data for 20-30 minutes and I have to reset the app (used in eq2). Is there any type of connection that the two games have in accessing disk files maybe?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure it has to do with Win10, as many players are experiencing loss of VO in instances. There are a few threads about it, at least one with Dev response. I posted in one, and I have yet to install Win10, but experience this ‘bug’.

Good luck.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

When is the fix coming? My girlfriend is going to play Season 2 and I don’t want the story to be ruined for her as it was with original personal story.

Posted by: DoggySpew.4529

DoggySpew.4529

I installed win 10 a couple weeks ago. Since then I have noticed that the story voices sometimes fade out or are gone. Sometimes just one line or until it changes to the next person to speak in a story conversation.

Side note: ACT gets stalled out after parsing log data for 20-30 minutes and I have to reset the app (used in eq2). Is there any type of connection that the two games have in accessing disk files maybe?

I don’t think it is Win 10. I had this problem before I installed Win 10.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

It is not Win10. Trust me… Win 7 is the same.. it is a problem at Anet’s end. They decided for a new way of having dialogues in HoT, and some patch ruined it for the original game.