Personal Story - Brute force quest bug (human noble)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mrazomorka.9012

Mrazomorka.9012

In the personal story quest “Brute force”, while in the part of defending children against mobs invasion, mobs suddenly stop to spawn an I can’t finish the quest. I am just standing there waiting for mobs to spawn and nothing happens. This happened 3 times. Once I finished it but i got kicked out because I entered out of the instance zone as I was heading back to the ending point (it was just 1 second after I accidentally ran out of the zone).

Posted by: citsongamai.2908

citsongamai.2908

I had the same issue with that quest. I just exited and retried and it worked for me. :/ I’d say just keep going in and going straight to the defend point and you should know pretty quick after the first wave if it’s bugged. If nothing comes, just leave and go back in. I’m sure you’ll get through it a lot faster doing that than waiting for a reply/fix from the devs.
Good luck.

Posted by: Mrazomorka.9012

Mrazomorka.9012

I will do it, I am just reporting it so they can fix it when they have time

Posted by: enthrop.1624

enthrop.1624

Just to make the devs aware – I too experienced this same bug when I did the story quest. I had to run out of the zone to force a reset, and my second time back in, it worked.

Posted by: Casperswd.7624

Casperswd.7624

I too have had the same bug

Posted by: Skarlath.2048

Skarlath.2048

Same thing has happened to me.

Posted by: Crystal Lynd.1807

Crystal Lynd.1807

Same for me too. Really frustrating

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for the reports, everyone! We will certainly look into this. For the time being, try exiting the instance and entering it again. This seems to be fixing it for those who are stuck, and is a temporary solution until we can take a look at it.

Good hunting!

Posted by: Anfalas.7325

Anfalas.7325

I had to do this quest 4 times to get it to finish. I would’ve saved myself a lot of time if I had read this post first.

If after the 3rd wave nothing spawns for a minute or two, then re-enter. (I waited 15+ minutes waiting for undead to spawn.)

Posted by: BlackouT.4069

BlackouT.4069

2 weeks passed and the quest is still bugged… Great job, ANet. Spend over an hour on it, rerun 6 times, still can’t finish it. Maybe just disable this storyline option or make a warning that it’s bugged, it shouldn’t be so hard.

Posted by: malevolence.9487

malevolence.9487

Hi, I am stuck here in this Quest, exactly as mentioned by the OP.

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

I’m surprised that this hasn’t been fixed yet. I’ve just reached this part and can’t get beyond the second wave. Needless to say, it’s still bugged.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

As far as I can tell, this means there’s a critter stuck somewhere. (Each wave is spawned on the death of the previous wave.) I’m looking into it now to see if I can reproduce the issue, but I’ve never seen this in dozens of playthroughs.

EDIT: I’m now 0/3 trying to reproduce the bug, so more info is needed. “The second wave” is a bit ambiguous since there are multiple undead from different directions, What was the last scene to play? The last type of undead you defeated?

(edited by Jeffrey Vaughn.1793)

Posted by: Manchakychan.1849

Manchakychan.1849

Hi I had this same issue. After getting to the area with the children, it gets through about 3 waves and then waves stop coming. I’ve replayed this instance several times. The last conversation you see is with the Tactical Advisor. It gets through about 2 waves of small fry dudes, and after the 3rd wave of brutes it stops sending guys.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon as it is an annoying bug.

Posted by: Sithious.8296

Sithious.8296

Same thing just happened to me. The waves just stopped coming. Perhaps it is worth noting that the Tactician was knocked out right about this time.

Posted by: The Wind Singer.3921

The Wind Singer.3921

Still bugged – fouth wave – the risen plague carriers were the last wave to come on both tries.

Come O’ human child, to the waters of the wild,
With a faerie hand in hand, for the worlds more full of weeping than you could understand.

(edited by The Wind Singer.3921)

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

I haven’t been able to reproduce this bug after a dozen playthroughs. All I can do is reiterate my earlier advice—look around the area to see if there’s an attacker that got hung up on a tree, or is fighting another NPC.

Posted by: kennymarkp.7296

kennymarkp.7296

Had the same problem during this story mission but only on Whiteside Ridge server. I change server to Desolution and the mission worked just fine.

Posted by: Zagnos.2349

Zagnos.2349

happened to me today. after they stopped spawning i went out and cleared the area but still nothing. second try worked.
for reference:
-was playing thief
-they stopped coming after second wave
-one dude was dead

Posted by: Kirito.7056

Kirito.7056

I’m having the same problem. I have restarted the quest four times and have killed every mob in the instance doing so. it is definitely not a “hung up” enemy, it is most definitely a bug.

Posted by: Gametheory.3890

Gametheory.3890

This quest is still bugged for me too. 3rd wave of mobs then stop. I did a sweep of the area for mobs. that is not the issue. The tactician as well as some other guys did go down so perhaps that triggers the bug

Posted by: Nesloise.6072

Nesloise.6072

same bug for me

Posted by: ameek.4809

ameek.4809

Same thing happened to me today – bugged after the third wave. Definitely think it was because some of my team died, as suggested upthread – when I went through again and kept them all up it was fine.

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Instead of spawning waves when the last wave is completely dead, can the waves be spawned then the last wave is mostly dead? (Say, not more than one surviving vet, all champs and up dead, and 80% of all lesser foes dead). One is not likely to fail to notice an unkilled champion, and the ‘spawn wave 2 on death of wave 1’ seems artificial, and prone to incidental failure if one of the foes is overlooked for any reason (spawned in a wall/under a hill).
//Portable Corpse

Posted by: ajhak.9716

ajhak.9716

still bugged cant get passed this…………

Posted by: vikke.8927

vikke.8927

fix
if it lagged so that the next wave wont start re log this worked for me

Posted by: vadithiyan.6041

vadithiyan.6041

the quest bug occurs if any of the NPCs which take part in the conversation after the first wave is dead. If they are dead the conversation does not end and hence the second wave does not spawn. Ressing the NPC does not make the conversation continue. Try recreating this scenario, i think you’ll find out the fix.

Fenrir Lemonslice – Norn Warrior
Velaeriyan – Sylvari Ranger
Desolation

Posted by: Jinxter.7905

Jinxter.7905

still bugged…stopped spawning mobs after 3rd wave

Posted by: Codename Rondo.3850

Codename Rondo.3850

This bug still exists. Just got it after the first wave.