Personal Story Dead sister Commoner broken

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: party buddy.4956

party buddy.4956

Ghostly Wraith, Dead Sister, Commoner, Ferocity, Grenth.

1. Krytan Politics
2. Shadows of the Past
The Fall of Falcon Company
Seek Logan’s Aid
Accusation
Liberation
You have an important letter. Read your mail.

1. There is no mail for me to read.
2. The person I was running the story with, moved on to next step fine, NO mention of any mail. ( Identical story, and character creation)
3. The Content Guide setting in the Options menu does not remove my personal story ( which I can’t continue) from the upper right hand corner of my screen.

this forums’ functionality is horrible…

party buddy.4956

I am level 25 Necro Human

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Nevermind. Ignore.

Having a full mailbox would cause a backup of mails waiting to get delivered.

If you have a full mailbox then you would need to delete a few mails for the new mail to be delivered. Clearing out old mails will allow the new ones to get delivered.

A full mailbox shouldn’t prevent game-sent mails from being delivered, but it might now due to the massive changes in the game lately.

Basically, keep your mailbox clear of unneeded messages and stay below the limit on saved messages.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

party buddy.4956

I have zero mail in my mailbox. This bug is not from a full mailbox.
I put in a support ticket yesterday. I have not gotten a response. ( ironic…)

Posted by: Druxim.6279

Druxim.6279

Me and my GF was playing with our friend on this story, and we’ve got the same problem. Friend goes forward, we have bug “read mail.” – and no mail in mailbox.
Mailbox is null with mails… Can smb do smth with that? Or maybe there is a possibility to move forward without this mail or smth…

Posted by: vlvtrope.2473

vlvtrope.2473

I am having the same problem—went in with a friend and he got credit and Im stuck with “you have an important letter”. Let me know if anyone has gotten help or a solution to this please. I am a Human Ele.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

What level is your character? You’ve done the last step of Chapter 2, once you reach L30 it will unlock Chapter 3 and should send the mail.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

What level is your character? You’ve done the last step of Chapter 2, once you reach L30 it will unlock Chapter 3 and should send the mail.

They mentioned that they are level 25, so you are correct; they do need to wait until level 30 before they can start the next chapter of their personal story.

However, they should not be told “You have an important letter. Read your mail.” if they will not be getting that mail for another 5 levels when Chapter 3 unlocks.

Perhaps this part of the personal story was not adjusted when it was altered to release in bundles at specific levels. The “Read your mail” message should be at the start of Chapter 3 and not at the end of Chapter 2 since they will not be getting that mail for some time.

Or instead of moving it to the start of Chapter 3, reword that message at the end of Chapter 2 so it relays the information that they “should await the arrival of an important letter”, instead of stating that they currently do have an important letter that they do not actually have yet, or will be getting any time soon.

This way they can continue playing as normal, and when they hit level 30 they will receive the important letter that they were waiting for. Chapter 2 ends and the delay before chapter 3 unlocks due to having to gain levels will flow nicer and not cause confusion.

I may not have expressed this adequately, but the main point is that the ends of chapters should be adjusted appropriately to account for the next chapter not being available immediately as it was previously. As it is now, some chapters end and it is assumed that the character can advance to the next one, though now they must meet the level requirements and must gain levels before the next chapter is available. This delay while the character gains levels is not reflected in the transition stage between chapter unlocks.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)