Personal Story: Setting The Stage bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Hello, I did personal story on two different character and both seem to get stuck at the same place. I choose Durmand Priory on one and the Vigil on the other. I the went to see the Destiny Edge in Lion’s Arch part of the story. Cut scene went fine but the reward part is bugged. There was no reward but I accepted it anyway on one of them. I went to the next part of the story and it doesn’t do anything. The cut scene triggered and I get to meet Sieran. But when I leave it tell me to go back to the same one again(to meet Sieran). It doesn’t go to the next step.

Some SS…two different character. Same bug.

From the wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dredging_up_the_Past and http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Fragile_Peace

Attachments:

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Oh, god, I thought it was just me..

I actually went in to do Stealing Secrets but it flipped over to “Setting the Stage” instead. I.. just don’t know. The character is a thief in the Order of Whispers.

I have another thief in the Durmand Priory who is on about the same level of personal story steps.

Attachments:

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

And again, on my other thief, just to test it. Welp.

Attachments:

Posted by: gingeriffic.9574

gingeriffic.9574

This just happened to me too (also on thief, if that matters).
The experience at the end of the mission was there as it should be, just no loot/reward for the mission.

The next mission (‘Stealing secrets’) did progress normally for me, however. So it’s just ‘Setting the stage’ that seems to be universally bugged..

Posted by: Chris.1345

Chris.1345

Same here. We also did the Quest and did not get the Reward.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

“Setting the Stage” was added post-release*, so no item rewards were assigned to it. (So players who had gone past that point in their story wouldn’t feel robbed.) So the lack of an item reward is not a big.

• Originally, there were 3 identical versions of the DE meetup in LA (1 for each Order) but they were consolidated into a single step, which is now “Setting the Stage”

Posted by: aceflibble.1427

aceflibble.1427

I appreciate this was partially answered, but the main problem still persists. The lack of reward (who cares) isn’t the big issue. The missions don’t progress properly. I just had to fully exit the client and restart the game to get it to progress after Setting The Stage, one step at a time. Things just aren’t triggering properly.

Posted by: gmchakram.7160

gmchakram.7160

I also had the same issue as Aceflibble. Although my story differs slightly. I was doing the quest with my wife, she had chose Priory and I chose Vigil. She initiated the instance of Setting the Stage. Once the quest had progressed I got a message saying that because I was at an appropriate point I was eligible to progress in the story. A window popped up, however, without thinking I clicked it and now I’m stuck with the next quest being the Durmond Priory quest and not the Vigil quest.

Posted by: gmchakram.7160

gmchakram.7160

Oh and for more clarification, after we finished, I exited the instance and my story tracker in the upper right corner of the screen said the quest was complete but I couldn’t finish. I had to log out and back in in order for the reward and next quest to trigger.

Posted by: Iant Aman.4390

Iant Aman.4390

Bug on the transition from “Setting the Stage” to “Dredging the Past” here as well. After accepting the non-existing reward for the Stage-Setting, I moved on to the Priory Archives in LA.
Entering that story instance, however, there was no dialogue by Gixx, but I got led on directly to Sieran, who gave her side-tracking dialogue. When that ended, I received the Ascalon Catacomb mail, but got no option to leave the story instance, nor did the story progress (still telling me to go to the Priory Archives).
After logging out and back in again, I still had to go to Priory Archives. That second time, Gixx finally indicated the dialogue and the Priory introduction cutscene triggered. Then I had to go see Sieran a second time (with a second time of the side-tracking dialogue) and got a second mail telling me about Ascalonian Catacombs. This time, however, I got the option to leave the story instance and the story progressed to ‘searching for the dwarven relics’.