Personal Story Switch

Personal Story Switch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Reddoran.7936

Reddoran.7936

I did the first level 40 mission of talking to Destiny’s Edge with a friend who had the same mission. After he finished my mission was also finished, and I got two options, stay here or go on to the next mission. I clicked on next mission, and I was now doing the Durmond Priory mission line, even though on the last level 30 mission I chose Vigil. Would like to get access to the Vigil missions instead of the Priory since I have done them with my level 80 human.

Personal Story Switch

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

When you party with another player, if you choose to accept their progress and stay on their storyline, you will be temporarily moved to their storyline. It will return to your character’s storyline next chapter, if you don’t choose to follow another player’s story again.

Personal Story Switch

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Again this stupid feature… That prompt where players are asked to accept progress needs some improvement. It’s not so clear what’s going to happen and it’s even easily missed.

Now I can say more about that as I went through that prompt once. I can’t understand why the game would force players to be put in the same story line (even if temporarily), if I want to play the same story as my party mate I can always join them when they are going to enter the instance and if I want to know the progress it’s shown while playing it.

Wth messing up with our storyline for co-op sake? Once again, doesn’t the amount of players complaining about this sounds like something isn’t working properly?

Personal Story Switch

Reddoran.7936

So I just finished playing with my friend, but I did not get access to the level 40 mission for the Vigil, so I just missed out on the entire level 40 mission set for the Vigil? I wanted to play that section since I played it with my human. Is there anyway for you guys to put me back? I wanted to play the Vigil and now I am still doing the Priory again.

Personal Story Switch

Reddoran.7936

I guess it is safe to assume that I have lost that portion of my play through and now I am, once again, playing for the Priory. Which means that this Charr is now a waste of my time since I made him for the Vigil.

Personal Story Switch

Reddoran.7936

Normally I would leave this here, since I am not getting anywhere, but I was doing the Vigil to get the achievement: Some Must Fight, That All May be Free. Now I am not able to get this achievement due to this feature because I am no longer able to do the mission required to get it. Is there anyway for you to revert my character back so I can get my achievement? If not, please tell me so I can move on and delete this Charr since I made him for that reason.

Personal Story Switch

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is no way to ‘revert’ Story steps at this time. You can wait for a ‘fix’, or create another character making sure not to accept another’s progress.

Good luck.

Personal Story Switch

Reddoran.7936

All I wanted to know is if it could happen or not. Thanks for telling me, just hope they can fix this soon. Really want to advance with this character.

Personal Story Switch

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

just hope they can fix this soon. Really want to advance with this character.

Based on the several threads I have seen about this… I wouldn’t hold my breath… :S