Personal Story - Temple of the Forgotten Gods (level 72)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mercail.3692

Mercail.3692

Character: Scilion
Race: Sylvari
Server: Henge of Denvari
Quest: Personal Story – Temple of the Forgotten Gods

On the part where you need to interact with the stones to summon and defeat the mesmer NPC. Once defeated, you are supposed to pick up an item and interact with a Temple Orb with the item in your hand. On the second Temple Orb a group spawned on me with the item in my hand and I began to fight them with it. During the fight, them item disappeared, just like any items you might pick up and use around that world that seem to break. The problem is that I can’t interact with the Temple Orb without the item in my hand and I can’t interact with the stone again to fight the mesmer NPC to get another item. I checked the area I was fighting in to see if the item dropped and I can confirm with absolute certainty that it did not. I also checked the level below in the hope that it fell through the floor with no luck.

Posted by: Pizza Shrapnel.6107

Pizza Shrapnel.6107

This just happened to me. The item I received after fighting the 3rd vet from the pillar dropped mid-fight and disappeared with no way to retrieve or re-fight for another.

Posted by: Seraph.4859

Seraph.4859

Same thing here.

Posted by: Lil Kawaii Lizzziie.2509

Lil Kawaii Lizzziie.2509

Hey
My orb/Illusion thingy didn’t disappear cause I directly placed it while being attacked but now the door to the 3rd orb (I guess) doesn’t open ..

Posted by: GreyPhoenix.9432

GreyPhoenix.9432

same issue((

Posted by: Aireroth.7596

Aireroth.7596

One thing to consider:
Since there is no cutscene for placing the second stone, it can be a bit difficult for finding the correct place. The door that opens is on higher floor. First time I did this mission, I grabbed the orb and rushed past the mobs who spawned and interacted with the point. And following the map indicator, I found a door on the same level I considered bugged (due to being in combat). Later, on second attempt, the door was still closed but before I decided to ragequit and call it a bug, I explored a bit more and found the correct doorway on the floor above. Completed this mission successfully.

I can see how missing orb (disappears from hand) can be an issue, but the door not opening could be due to not finding the correct place.

Edge Of Sanity [MAD] – Gandara

Posted by: GreyPhoenix.9432

GreyPhoenix.9432

Actually i ran through the whole place – multiple times – same issue. I know about the door on higher level too.
I guess the following – there are 3 monsters in every batch.
Ihe last two times I found some undead(s) stuck inside a wall/rock (bug) – and i cant attack them and hence I wasn’t able to interact with the next object.

Something is messedup in this quest.

Posted by: ChairmanHez.9537

ChairmanHez.9537

Character: Vixx – Asura Thief

I just had the same problem on this personal story quest. I got as far as the third shrine/temple orb. Beat the veteran NPC and got the essence. While making my way to the orb I had to fight a mob pack. During the fight the essence I was carrying was lost. I did not switch weapons.

This also happened to me on the same run on the second shrine/orb pair, but the essence was at my feet to be picked up again that time.

Posted by: Joedog.3514

Joedog.3514

Same here I have run the quest twice the essence disappeared after the 3rd shine the first time and after the second shine the second time

Posted by: Vrahz.3961

Vrahz.3961

Happened to me too – annoying bug. If only you could go back and fight the mob who dropped the essence, but no :-(

Posted by: Staley.7158

Staley.7158

Character Name: Duantless Kane
Level: 75
Story: Temple of the Forgotten Gods
Server: Sanctum of Rall

In my story, I progressed to the point where there are two stones to activate, I defeated the first Vet NPC, and when trying to activate the second stone, my client crashes. Went through 3 times with the same results. Every time I try to activate the second stone, the client crashes and sends me to the character selection screen. Then I have to start the entire story quest over again.. This has happened 4 times in a row now. Put in a ticket.

(edited by Staley.7158)