Personal story bug?

Personal story bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: GuildWarsLord.7906

GuildWarsLord.7906

Well, not sure if its a bug… but since the feature pack update, some of the journal entries are not present in “My Story”. I’m currently on the story “The Steel Tide” (where I left off before the patch), but in my journal it only shows that I’ve completed stuff up to “Sad Duty” in chapter 7. I’ve heard there were some changes to the personal story… that “Against the Corruption” to “Source of Orr” were moved to chapter 7 and “A Sad Duty” was removed, so if I complete " The Steel Tide" will I be stuck with a chunk of my story missing?

I’ve never finished the whole story before… will I miss the Source of Orr stuff if I complete “The Steel Tide”? I really don’t want to start another character just to experience the whole story…

Personal story bug?

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Well, not sure if its a bug… but since the feature pack update, some of the journal entries are not present in “My Story”. I’m currently on the story “The Steel Tide” (where I left off before the patch), but in my journal it only shows that I’ve completed stuff up to “Sad Duty” in chapter 7. I’ve heard there were some changes to the personal story… that “Against the Corruption” to “Source of Orr” were moved to chapter 7 and “A Sad Duty” was removed, so if I complete " The Steel Tide" will I be stuck with a chunk of my story missing?

I’ve never finished the whole story before… will I miss the Source of Orr stuff if I complete “The Steel Tide”? I really don’t want to start another character just to experience the whole story…

Tell me about it. I’ve raised bugs on both of those.

1) ANet made a mess of getting the Story Journal in synch with the altered sequence for some characters nearing the end of their personal stories. I’ve got half a dozen or more whose journals look just like yours – showing as on the wrong chapter (and at a story episode that isn’t even in the game any more….!)

2) Unless Anet have patched it in some way, yes, you’ll miss out on “Against the Corruption” through to “Source of Orr”. I tried a couple of days ago with one of my characters – who was also on “The Steel Tide”, as it happens – and she went straight to “Victory or Death”. You can always party up to do the episodes with someone else, of course, if you (quite understandably!) want to experience them.

Edit: Dropped you a PM

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Personal story bug?

Posted by: Drael.6480

Drael.6480

I experienced this too, I still have the Chapter 8 missing from my Story Journal, does anyone know if we can still do the final Personal Story Victory or Death?

Personal story bug?

Posted by: GuildWarsLord.7906

GuildWarsLord.7906

Ah, this was disappointing to read, but thank you for the response

Hopefully, Anet will resolve this… but I doubt it (maybe someone is reading this?).
I like that sense of accomplishment that comes with finishing your story and it will feel weird with a huge chunk of my storyline missing :/

Personal story bug?

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

I experienced this too, I still have the Chapter 8 missing from my Story Journal, does anyone know if we can still do the final Personal Story Victory or Death?

Yes, assuming my own experience is representative. I did “Victory or Death” for the very first time on Monday with friends, on the selfsame character I used to test out whether or not I’d get the “missing” stories.

(Basically they don’t seem to have completely broken progressing through the PS itself, even if they’ve messed up the journal; they’ve “merely” resequenced things so that three stories that were in some of our futures are now considered to be in our pasts.)

(edited by Doghouse.1562)