Personal story in new LA

Personal story in new LA

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Imperial Hellkite.9374

Imperial Hellkite.9374

Hi,
Not really sure if this is a bug but…
Is it normal that during my personal story LA is burning, but everything else remains the same? The kids are happily playing, Destinies Edge are discussing their personal problems etc. This is REALLY weird to me and i think it might ruin the personal story experience for new players.

Personal story in new LA

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

On the notices about the new Living Story they stated that Personal Stories wouldn’t be affected, even said that like if the story mentors “could sneaky in” the city for the missions.. but I thought the city would appear normally during these instances, as it was before the attack (yes, it wouldn’t make sense for the current events but it would make sense within instance). So yes, I believe it would be a bug or a bad planning on design as it doesn’t make any sense at all. The way you stated is more nonsense than having the city normal during instance and burning when out of instance.

Now I’m curious. Do you see the dark skies, burning buildings, etc but local citizens acting normally doing your story? That’s really odd indeed.

Edit: I found the quote above mentioned:

CC Danicia:

• For players who need to follow their Personal Story steps, Captain Smash and Bouncer Kinna over by Icegate Gorge in Gendarran Fields will sneak adventurers into Lion’s Arch.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Personal story in new LA

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

To me, it sounds like LA would be burning in the PS (even if it does seem odd), else why would Captain Smash and Bouncer Kinna have to sneak anyone inside?

Maybe there are some technical limitations to making two different LAs, I don’t know. Or maybe, because the attack is short-term, they decided to do it this way.