Personal story progressed differently than party member

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Phaeton.2586

Phaeton.2586

Hello, I have been doing the personal story with my girlfriend, we did the mission together that let us pick which order to be in and she (it was her instance) chose the Order of Whispers, I was given the dialogue box which said I had permission to continue but it gave me the Vigil's follow up, as if I had picked that order to join.

I tried to do her next mission with her to see if I could keep going with that but I got no progress and I’m locked into being a member of the Vigil now, without me having chosen it.

What can I do?

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: numina.9041

numina.9041

I’m relieved I’m not the only one with this issue.

The same happened to my character (chose Order of the Whispers on a shared instance and got the Vigil's follow up). This happened on 09/02, the same day that some high level personal story bugged. I’ve submitted a ticket with the details about this on 09/02:

Ticket reference # 120902-007832

Are your characters Sylvari? Mine is.
In *"Trouble at the roots"* you choose your faction, and then it gets you to *"Flower of Death"*, which is the Vigil's follow up.

I hope this can be solved, because this eliminates the possibility to play together for a big part of the game

(edited by numina.9041)

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Just a note: you can use spoiler tags to hide spoilers.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: numina.9041

numina.9041

Just a note: you can use spoiler tags to hide spoilers.

Sorry about that, the spoilers are tagged now.

Posted by: Phaeton.2586

Phaeton.2586

Went on an editing frenzy there.

Yes numina, I am sylvari too, exactly the same stages. Good to know it’s not just me at least!

Posted by: Eamil.7168

Eamil.7168

My friend and I are having this exact issue, on the same quest, but not only this quest. One of the previous quests offered one of those “choose your next quest” things and I made one choice but my friend accepted my progress and ended up with the opposite. It was one of the quests where you choose a Whispers method or a Priory method but not the actual order choice. So it seems to affect every quest that ends in a choice, as far as I’m able to determine.

My friend is now stuck with the Vigil quest Flower of Death while I have the Order of Whispers quest, which we both wanted. My friend has a support ticket in, incident 120903-000961 if that helps. He’s put that character on hold, only doing crafting until he hears back on whether he can be put back on the right path.

Unfortunately we noticed this too late but it turns out you can avoid this by having only the instance owner accept quest completion, then call out the name of the next quest. The prompt everyone else gets to accept progress tells them the name of the next quest they’ll get, so if the quest name doesn’t match, then they know not to accept the progress. We’ve been questing like this on new characters while we wait to hear back about our Sylvari.

(edited by Eamil.7168)

Posted by: Krystal.2593

Krystal.2593

Me and my boyfriend have the exact same issue. I choose the vigil and ended my instance and went on to helping in his instance where he chose the durmand priory. Suddenly my quest updated as his i got no pop up box saying or giving me the option to continue with my own story and now i am locked with the Durmand at The queen’s justice. ( before i joined his instance it clearly stated i was in the vigil)

The strange thing is i completed my quest first and i choose The vigil. now i refuse to continue with my personal hoping they will fix this issue.

Posted by: Eamil.7168

Eamil.7168

My friend got a response from support today.

Hello, Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team! We would like to apologize for the time it has taken to get to your issue, and are aware of issues with story quests not completing as they are intended. Please know that we are actively deploying fixes with our nightly build updates to address these issues. If the particular quest has not yet been resolved please keep an eye on the Game Status Updates page (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates).

His original ticket wasn’t vague to begin with, but he’s sent a response clarifying that it’s not the issue this GM seems to think it is. Waiting on a response to that now, but I was wondering if anyone else has had better luck?