Pets and walls make stronger Kraals.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Grimauldus.9651

Grimauldus.9651

So I’ve been progressing quite nicely with my girlfriend, we’re both Norn and picked the exact same starting options for our characters, so we’d be able to do every personal story together. We got to about 40, and chose to study the Ogres, via the Priory.
One of them requires you to gather the Dogs, as Ogres use them as pets. You have to help the guy tame them by beating them up. For me, it worked totally fine but when we exited we realised it hadn’t done so for her. We tried to go again, but when she did it the cutscene required for the story mission to start, never showed. (Tried multiple times over two days, something like 10 times.)
Two days later, we still haven’t got her past that point. I’ve reported as a /bug to ANET. No luck yet. It’s literally halted our flow of leveling as we’re always a bit to low for areas.

Posted by: mightus.2189

mightus.2189

i done this with no probs so might be helpful if u put what realm ur on as im on underworld and i know a few m8s that have done this without any problems on the same server

Grimauldus.9651

We are on Seafarer’s Rest, both of us are Norn, i’m a Guardian and she’s an Elementalist. I was able to complete, and she was not. (Both our starting info was identical, and we both picked Priory to join.)

mightus.2189

well im a guardian as well and all my m8s r as well so r u sure its not just ur story? or is it a norn story itself? im not too sure if its norn only as i thought storys was class specific?

Grimauldus.9651

I believe it’s based on race until like.. 20, maybe. At some point between 20-30 you picked 1/3 factions to join, so after that it’s been all faction orientated. Mine worked fine as I said it was my girlfriend who can’t complete it. She came with me on mine, I completed she didn’t so we tried again for her and the cut scene never came up to start.

mightus.2189

have u tried getting her to do it on her own out of a grp and seeing if that would work? its easy enough to solo and then if it works u 2 can get back to doing ur storys and lvling up together again? if not hopefully they will fix this for u

Grimauldus.9651

Yeah I’ve tried going with her, or her going alone without any form of group. She’s relogged, reloaded, submitted a /bug report, waited a few days, nothing new! thanks for trying to help though!

Posted by: Jeffrey.4035

Jeffrey.4035

Have her go to Lion’s Arch, and see if that sets her quest to “On Red Alert”. (It’ll advance her to Chapter 6, unfortunately, but it should fix the issue if it’s what I think it is.) If not… Our Quality Assurance team is seeing if they can reproduce the issue.

mightus.2189

Love the fast response arenanet hopefully this works for them and they can carry on enjoying the game

Grimauldus.9651

Hello! thank you so much, that did indeed work and she is now “On Red Alert”, speak with gwixx in the library. That’s where I got to, so we’re now on the same level. Thank you Jeffrey/ArenaNet. Thanks for trying to help to Mightus!

-Grimauldus.

mightus.2189

np Grim glad shes back on track

Posted by: tankknat.8904

tankknat.8904

I know this is a super old thread, but my wife has this story and it also bugged out for her like an hour ago. She traveled to Lions Arch but the quest did not change. Now she cant even go back into the story mission. Any help would be great.
Oh she is a Norm Ranger if that helps?

Posted by: Admiral Fishstick.6720

Admiral Fishstick.6720

I’ve been having issues with the second part of this quest recently. I’m at the part where you have to protect the Ogres from Harpies while they gather lumber. Everything was going fine, then the Ogres just suddenly stopped and stood there, doing nothing. No more Harpies are showing up, but there are still trees to fell. I’ve tried talking to them, but it does nothing, and I’d really rather not have to start the entire quest over, only to have it seize up again. I’m not sure what’s going on or how to fix it.

Posted by: Jazzy.7026

Jazzy.7026

In case anyone has this issue again (with part 2), I just encountered it and after much trial and error I found out that you can take down the trees yourself with AoE skills. Regular hits (at least not regular projectiles) will do any harm to the trees, which is why it took me a while to figure out on my engineer. Hope this helps someone in need.