Phantasmal Warden bugs post patch.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Emissary.3792

Emissary.3792

Sadface This is pretty much a game breaker for my mesmer, as it cuts reflect/absorb uptime from near 100% down to maybe 30%.

Posted by: Zen.4678

Zen.4678

So Warden is bugged, Phantasmal Haste is bugged on many phantasms and Whaler doesn’t attack either? Ouch.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Hey guys, I know it’s a frustrating issue (yes, my main also is a mesmer) but calm down. The fix may not be so easy so why it wasn’t fixed 1 or more patches after it was reported. At least staff has answered to this thread and they are looking into it. Yes, let’s hope they fix it asap but keeping “yelling” a “fix it now” wouldn’t help much :P Give them more details and such instead simply keep “ordering” them to fix right now.

P.S.: It’s me or someone else has noted how annoying and spammy the “Still charging” notification has became lately? It’s classified as “Game messages” now and keeps spamming if “Game massages” is enabled.. before it was classified as “Combat messages”…

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

I’ve had this happen with Phantasmal Berserkers too….so annoying. You summon the Phantasm, and it just stand there doing nothing at all right beside the enemy.

Wondrous Achiever \o/

Posted by: Malakin.2809

Malakin.2809

I don’t care how long it takes them to fix this. But at least revert the change until they do. They way it is now is worse than before the patch.

shadow.6174

Yes, last night I have realized this bug too. I spawned my Warden and watched it for a little. It only attacked the mob when it was about to die, the Warden stood there doing nothing before it gave only 1 single hit…

Zen.4678

Happens more often now than I’d like it to happen. Any word on a fix/revert?

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

my iwarden is still terrible. can u guys revert the changes until it is fixed maybe? i rely on that phantasm as i use focus and it is terrible in its current state.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

as i said in another thread…
iwarden won t attack on oblique terrains…

You can reproduce it 100% on last boss of uncategorized fractal.
Any iwarden summoned will stand still until they die

I think there is not only 1 bug…..but we need iwarden to work especially in that fractal..
Revert changes please.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

selan.8354

yes please revert the change

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Please fix. iWarden just stands there doing nothing. It might even chase the target but it still does nothing.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Zen.4678

I love watching it run and die and be on cd without doing a thing. Any news on a fix/revert?

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

To be honest, I hope this gets fixed quickly. I feel like we need a bit of a rework with how our phantasms calculate proximity. Maybe that’s hard to do, but it very clearly needs to be done as an AI improvement. Its impacting our ability as Mesmer’s to compete play-wise with other classes. Lately I have been playing an engi partly because I don’t want to deal with Mesmer having bugginess with out phantasms, its too impactful to good play.

Zen.4678

I hope this is being slated for a fix on the next patch.

shadow.6174

It has been so nice seeing my iWarden standing there watching me to fight and just giving the last hit on the mobs (yes, it only reacts when mob is about to die)... *sarcasm*

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

I hope this will be fixed soon.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

selan.8354

yeah most of the time it is useless now in a fight. it chases after random enemies. thief can shot me to death meanwhile…it just stands there and the doesnt attack. it spends more time chasing after enemies.
problem is that if u cast it into a zerg and the target moves which a zerg does of course, it will start chasing instead of attacking. iwarden was good because it was stale as u could use it as a shield from projectiles and also it used to be good to cast in the middle of a zerg. now destroyed and useless! revert please.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

I hear the calls for reverting iWarden. As a temporary fix, I agree it should be reverted, but ONLY until the skill can be made to work correctly. But I don’t see a revert happening. The pendulum swings forwards, not backwards with few exceptions. I still stand with my earlier fix suggestion, to make the skill activation of iWarden activate regardless of its targets position or if its moving while attacking. Being able to attack while chasing ones target should fix the bugginess of this skill and allow for some interesting play as players are forced to keep an eye on the warden as it runs down its target. Much better anyway than its current staring off into space approach to defeating opponents (I am STARING you to death!).

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Hey folks,

Thank you for the reports — I will have the team look into this!

Any confirmation from the devs that this is going to be fixed soon?

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

shadow.6174

Hey folks,

Any confirmation from the devs that this is going to be fixed soon?

That post was the only one from devs so far and only one patch was released since then. Let’s hope it’s coming to the next patch (that’s expected on 21st I believe :S).

For now, my Wardens just stand there staring at me and giving a single shoot only when I’m already about to get the mob defeated. :P

In fact, a trick I have been using to workaround this is using Temporal Curtain along with Into the Void to push off mobs when they aren’t moving so the Warden would “realize” that and go after them. But this not always work and the CD is a bit long to be used in a outnumbered fight.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: Grax.9204

Grax.9204

I just now wanted my phantasmal warden to save my life by reflecting some nasty stuff… Realized it’s still bugged and coming here it seems they didn’t got it done so far =/

Asura Mesmer – Gragx – Kodash
Virtus – [VRTS]
http://virtus-gilde.de/gw2map

Posted by: Edan.6210

Edan.6210

Oh, come on!
This bug is not fixed yet.
Could we just get the old setting without the silly movement of the phantasmal warden?

Posted by: skyz.7321

skyz.7321

Good luck, if its not the gem store its not a priority. Plenty of day 1 bugs still exist let alone this recent one.

Posted by: dandamanno.4136

dandamanno.4136

Even spawning iwarden on doors in WvW (a completely stationary object) often results in him not doing anything.

Sigh, after the 1 second delay nerf on into the void I thought focus lost some playability, now with a bugged out iwarden who either won’t attack, or who moves around too much making using him as a projectile blocker impossible, the focus is completely dead for me as an in-combat weapon.

Only the pull for tower walls in WvW and the swiftness are useful now. Although it is the one of the worst swiftnesses in the game also.

Posted by: Endo Kazuki.2086

Endo Kazuki.2086

Still bugged. Can a dev just say they are fixing it?

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

BUMP THIS TILL ETERNITY AND BEYOND! It’s making me sick already. It’s a HUGE bug that had to be reverted in case of fixing it until the new “lets walk to the enemy and start a starring contest” thing works!

Uncategorized fractale? WARDEN, YOUR TURN!!!
“Warden!”
GO WARDEN, USE REFLECTION
“Warden!!! warden uses starring contest
… it’s not very effective…

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Hey folks,

I dont think the look fixed the problem? Perhaps they could do some programming to solve it this time.

Posted by: Valentine.9732

Valentine.9732

bump
Please fix!

Burger – [Sx]

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

LoL yea maybe looking at the problem cant fix the problem…
They sure need to do something about it…

selan.8354

just revert the change u guys did until u find a fix. i cant use my focus like that atm. it so terrible that it makes the entire weapon useless

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

shadow.6174

A workaround for this is spawning Warden and then using Temporal Curtain and its chain to make mobs to move, then the Warden will “realize” they moved and will act. But that’s like it, a workaround, and won’t always work :S

Posted by: Felice.7569

Felice.7569

bump
Plz fix this! Most of the time the warden is doing nothing!

Posted by: Valentine.9732

Valentine.9732

Still downloading today’s patch, but so far nothing in the patchnotes about this…. i hope they stealth fixed it or ill throw my focus out the window one of these days.

Burger – [Sx]

skcamow.3527

Someone please validate, but from what I can tell, the iWarden attacks immediately every time upon spawn. Good so far – still testing.

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Someone please validate, but from what I can tell, the iWarden attacks immediately every time upon spawn. Good so far – still testing.

Take it through a fractal run with the harpies.

skcamow.3527

Take it through a fractal run with the harpies.

Yeah haven’t done that yet. Have you noticed any other behavior difference? Seems better to me but that could be I haven’t had enough time with it. Can’t get into WvW to attack structures but it’s attacking PvE structures as expected so far.

The biggest change I’ve noticed is that with a kiting opponent, it doesn’t chase it anymore upon spawn. It starts attacking immediately like it used to. Before it would almost always run to a kiting opponent before initial attack.

EDIT: Wow, nevermind! Just had my first dufus moment. Still broke, please fix.

(edited by skcamow.3527)

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

So if you guys could actually fix what you broke…that would be dandy.

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

so , mesmer received the- illusion die on stealth- bug now…?

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

skcamow.3527

Is there an iWarden hotfix in the works?

Posted by: HelixSky.4951

HelixSky.4951

I just recently came back to Guild Wars and started a Mesmer. I thought I was doing something wrong or didn’t understand the skill correctly so I did a Google search. Now I find out this is a bug that they introduced 2 months ago. Come on Arena Net. Btw maybe it is just me but it seems like this bug recently got worse.

selan.8354

well the los bug got worse for sure i keep getting obstructed at the most random points where it shouldnt be obstructed like in open field fights and on stairs but the iwarden bug seems still the same. i have like a 10 percent chance it does dmg in a zerg with this bug

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Kobeathris.3645

Kobeathris.3645

Did Marionette last night. In the path, I had 2 wardens up on a Champion Aetherblade Grenadier, and someone else had 1 up on it. All 3 just stood there and never did anything before finally dying.

Also, on the bow of the airship in “Not So Secret”, trying to cast warden on one of the 3 mobs standing just past the crates very frequently results in the warden spawning and doing nothing, particularly if it spawns toward the edge.

selan.8354

thats the reason why i dont use focus anymore. this bug killed my fave phantasm. i loved the iwarden. its really bad they even touched this phantasm at all as it was fine the way it was before

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Kobeathris.3645

Kobeathris.3645

thats the reason why i dont use focus anymore. this bug killed my fave phantasm. i loved the iwarden. its really bad they even touched this phantasm at all as it was fine the way it was before

Honestly, what I would like to see is it behave like this

1 Summon
2 Attack
3 Attack is complete
4 AI turns on and tries to follow target
5 Cooldown is done for the whirl
6 Start attacking again wherever it is currently standing, regardless if it got in range of it’s target or not

Warden’s damage is nice, but most of the time, the reason it is important is for blocking or reflecting projectiles. I can see where it is and when it is spinning, I’ll move there if I need to.

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

bump ò.ó!!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

After the patch, if you spawn a iWarden on a gate in wvw, it doesn’t always attack the gate.

Another thing I noticed is that the warden now spawns behind the gate and if you switch target after the warden is spawned, it will move and attack your new target, for example siege or players inside the keep/tower, not sure if “working as intended” or another bug.

more than 2 months later, I’m still unsure about that behavior
and the phantasm is still broken

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Today I actually witnessed my phantasmal warden spawn, stare my target champion in the face for about 5 seconds, then run off to some totally unrelated enemy halfway across the room and attack that. Wow.

selan.8354

Today I actually witnessed my phantasmal warden spawn, stare my target champion in the face for about 5 seconds, then run off to some totally unrelated enemy halfway across the room and attack that. Wow.

lol yup that was my “baby” last night during gvg. he stood there looked at the ele and then turned 180 and ran straight into the whole melee mob where it died right away….oi

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: johnnyg.3186

johnnyg.3186

Fixing time for this bug yet ?

Veles Iris
Mesmer Fort Aspenwood