Pirates using AGONY?

Pirates using AGONY?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

The other day I finished up the Covington Pirate chain of events in Bloodtide Coast. (Did everything fine, but failed against final boss due to the new time limit. Not even close, and we had plenty of people. That timer could use some adjusting). Anyway, as I was leaving the area, a pirate hit me up with AGONY.

According to WIKI, Agony is supposed to be a Fractals-only thing. Did that change? Is the WIKI article outdated? Or is there a game bug? (Game bug, please! The last thing I need is ANOTHER variable forcing me to change all my characters’ armors yet again).

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Pirates using AGONY?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I am more inclined to think you mistook Torment for Agony … even though they look quite different.

Pirates using AGONY?

Hamfast.8719

All I know is I was swimming away from the area and my health was going down. The text accompanying the damage indicators on screen said (Agony). That’s when I looked it up on WIKI to make sure nothing had changed.

Pirates using AGONY?

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

How much damage did it do to you and what did the animation on your character look like?

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Pirates using AGONY?

Hamfast.8719

I wish I took notice. I don’t do Fractals, so am not familiar with Agony. I was just passing through the area and normally ignore casual attacks by monsters. All I remember is catching the word “agony” amongst the damage numbers rising from me. I moved my pointer down to the condition icon just before it ended and caught something in the tool tip about taking damage whenever I move. So I guess that makes it TORMENT as Khisanth suggests, according to the WIKI description. But it DID still say “Agony” amongst the damage numbers. Does Torment do that? I can’t remember being hit with Torment before either.

Pirates using AGONY?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well torment itself is fairly recent but only sword/sword pirates apply that.
It seems the pirates that use sword/sword are also fairly rare on laughing gull island. They are the ones labeled as Dirty Fighter. They are the sylvari pirates.

Torment is like other conditions, it just displays numbers and the animation. There is no other text but neither does agony so I am not sure what you were seeing. They also have very different looking animations, Torment looks like someone slashing you all over the place while Agony is big purple spikes exploding out from the center of your character.

Pirates using AGONY?

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Yeah, all signs point towards you being hit by a pirate using Impale, which applies Torment. I can’t imagine anywhere you would have seen the word Agony, you may have just had it on your mind, and since the words Agony and Torment aren’t all that different thematically, you just went straight to that.

Trust me, if Agony somehow bugged itself onto a mob in the overworld, you would know. It would probably be level 80 agony which does several hundred times your health in damage every second if you have no agony resistance.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

(edited by Da Sonic.6521)