Plains heart bundle bug?

Plains heart bundle bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

In Plains of Ashford, there’s a heart where the player is told to use Paenula’s rifle to capture creatures, then fight them in the pit. You talk to the NPC, and are automatically equipped with her rifle.

The action keys for Paenula’s rifle have the Net, which you need to capture the critters, under the 5 key. However, the 5 spot is locked, with the message “You cannot use skills while transformed.” (I’m lvl 50, so it’s not a level gate. )

If you don’t capture any creatures, you can’t fight in the pit. Thus, unless I’m missing something, this heart can’t be completed.

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Plains heart bundle bug?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Make sure the animal you are trying to capture is below 50% health before attempting to use Skill slot #5. That may help.

Plains heart bundle bug?

duckideva.6358

No, the skill doesn’t even show, it’s just a lock icon. I’ve tested it on a couple of different critters, even teaming up with another person who plinked away slowly at them so we could see if there was ever a magic point at which the Net unlocked, but it did not.

That person was also a non-rifle using class, and they reported the same thing; that was no way to “capture” the animals.

Plains heart bundle bug?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I “personally” don’t have a problem completing the quest.

I just use the rifle hit the monster a few times and when it is low in health I can capture it.

I’m confused on how to fight in the pit though, since I captured a few minotaur, talk to the arena guy on 2nd floor, but nothing happened.

Plains heart bundle bug?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I just use the rifle hit the monster a few times and when it is low in health I can capture it.

I’m confused on how to fight in the pit though, since I captured a few minotaur, talk to the arena guy on 2nd floor, but nothing happened.

Unless its changed, you have to go into the arena area (should be two gates on opposite sides, one by heart and one on the other side by the crafting stations), and a popup should show up giving you the option to fight 3 different types (easy/medium/hard) of enemies. Just don’t leave the room (or that far from the gate before the timer runs out).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Plains heart bundle bug?

duckideva.6358

You were just able to do it just now? Does your character have rifle as an available weapon skill? (I’ve submitted a bug report in game, as did the other person, but any info I can add to it is great.)

Pit: I couldn’t get that part to work either, but I assumed it was because I hadn’t captured anything.

Plains heart bundle bug?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I did the quest 10 hours ago. I pick up the rifle at the heart guy, he give you the rifle. And I can use the rifle skills. The skill to capture the monster only appear after the monster is low on health.

Plains heart bundle bug?

duckideva.6358

I’ll give it another go later then, I’m willing to admit that it could be user error. Thanks for letting me know that it wasn’t problematic for you, that helps.