Plains of Ashford Loading Forever

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: My Monkey Brains.6079

My Monkey Brains.6079

Exactly what the title says. I switch to a character in Plains of Ashford and I’m stuck on the splash screen loading. I tested to see what would happen if I left it and got a “Disconnected from the Server” error. My internet is fine and it only does it on that specific map. It started yesterday around 9 or 10 PM EST.

He will knock four times.

Posted by: BIRDPUNCHER.8263

BIRDPUNCHER.8263

Having this exact issue.

~bird princess~

Posted by: Distinguished.6531

Distinguished.6531

Came here to see if anyone else was having the same issue. Glad I’m not alone. Plz send halp.

Posted by: BIRDPUNCHER.8263

BIRDPUNCHER.8263

Are you guys in parties? I switched to another character that wasn’t stuck in Plains and dropped party, and then when I switched back to the stuck character she loaded in immediately. Weird.

~bird princess~

Posted by: Perfectblue.6409

Perfectblue.6409

Same problem. I can load into Plains of Ashford with another character from another map. But the character which is parked there, cannot load.

Posted by: Rhizo.5089

Rhizo.5089

Same here. Is the area crashed?

Posted by: Perfectblue.6409

Perfectblue.6409

I created a party with another character. Logged out. Selected the stuck character and the map loaded.

Posted by: Shroomer.8645

Shroomer.8645

Perfectblue’s solution worked for me.

Posted by: absolom.6835

absolom.6835

Joining a party on a diff character and then logging out also worked for me.

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

SORC just tried to do the mission on PoA and we are DOA. No dice. Tried on 2 characters both characters are stuck bouncing between loading screens.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

Posted by: Lakshmi.5941

Lakshmi.5941

I have 2 level 80 characters that now seem to be perma-stuck on the plains of ashford loading screen. Eventually my login attempt times out with a 7:0:0:794:101 error.

Things I’ve tried that have not fixed the issue:

- restarting the game
- Loading a different character, then a stuck one
- Joining a party with a character in a different zone, then logging into the stuck one
- Deleting local.DAT
- Running the -repair option

(edited by Lakshmi.5941)

Posted by: Tig.2704

Tig.2704

I was on guild missions with SORC. I am locked into a long loading screen (Plains of Ashford) One thing I noticed before selecting my character was the entire account showed 0% map complete. This has me a little bummed out, hope it’s an easy fix (^.^)

Posted by: Perle.7352

Perle.7352

My main is stuck between Plains of Ashford and Black Citadel loading screens. I was with the SORC missions.

Posted by: NeedsFoodBadly.2671

NeedsFoodBadly.2671

This is annoying as hell. It would be nice to see an official confirmation of this.

Remember: Don’t Shoot Food!

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Try guesting before logging in. Most likely the shard you are loading into is on a bad server. Of course they need to fix it but this could be a work around

Edit. The problem with guesting is, it’s kind of random luck if you end up picking a server that isn’t tied to the broken ip shard that your server is tied to. So if you try guesting and it does not work please reply with the server you are from and the servers you tried guesting. Then people will know not to choose those servers. If you find a working server please reply with that as well.

If that doesn’t work then I really have no idea what to tell you except hopefully they read these and fix them soon.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Posted by: elocke.7132

elocke.7132

Just got stuck as well on my one character. Plains of Ashford not loading. Guesting does nothing.

Andraus.3874

I was able to log in fine on Black gate. Try guesting there. My IP is 64.25.38.160:0

Posted by: elocke.7132

elocke.7132

Ok, flipping around between alts was able to get my stuck character to load back to Diessa Plateau. Would get stuck trying to go back into Plains of Ashford though, so I’m not going that way today it appears.

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

I was able to log in fine on Black gate. Try guesting there. My IP is 64.25.38.160:0

BG doesn’t matter. we have like 6 people stuck with a character there (granted they are mega servers so no real blackgate map).

Tried all the fixes none work. So my warrior is prob stuck there until they reset/patch

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I had this problem with Lion’s Arch the other day, but it managed to work itself out after two attempts that encountered an infinite loading screen.

One character was parked there who had that issue, and the other character moved from the HotM lobby to Lion’s Arch. However, they both evenutally managed to load in there just fine.

Not really sure what the deal was there.

Tig.2704

I’ve been trying to guest onto Crystal Desert, no luck.

Posted by: DJ BigD.5061

DJ BigD.5061

Same problem. I can load into Plains of Ashford with another character from another map. But the character which is parked there, cannot load.

Worked for me! Thanks.

Posted by: Wildmann.7803

Wildmann.7803

I am having the same problem. loads forever then says disconnected from client or whatever.

Posted by: Kazox.9203

Kazox.9203

I was also doing the guild missions with SORC and now my main is stuck. It seems someone else created a similar post here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Zones-Not-Loading/first#post4774335
Same issue happened about a month ago and Anet was able to solve it by routing the server to a different hardware:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/can-t-start-error-code-7-0-0-794-101/first#post4650788
I can only hope someone from Anet sees one of these posts soon… =\

Sanctum of Rall FTW!
Warrior (Kazox Ulfr) – Norn

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Happening for me, and a few of my guildies as well!
Cant even play my engineer right now!! T.T
Note im on FC

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Tig.2704

When I log into my main, it bounces between Dissea Plateau and Plains of Ashford loading screens. On my character select screen, it has my current location set as Dissea Plateau. Hopefully this is resolved soon (^.^)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Hopefully this is resolved soon (^.^)

Saw a post as far back as 15 hours ago regarding this.

Netflix time.

Posted by: Valdenroth.6530

Valdenroth.6530

Also stuck on my charr. This is annoying as hell.

Eredon Terrace [FaDe]
Thief – Valdenroth

Posted by: gyllbane.8216

gyllbane.8216

Had this exact issue after getting out of AC. Switched to a different character, joined a party, then logged back into the stuck character and was able to load into Plains of Ashford and port out of there.

Still, definitely suggest staying out of Ashford for the time being.

Perle.7352

Had this exact issue after getting out of AC. Switched to a different character, joined a party, then logged back into the stuck character and was able to load into Plains of Ashford and port out of there.

Still, definitely suggest staying out of Ashford for the time being.

I just tried this and my toon is still stuck in limbo between Black Citadel and Plains of Ashford.

Posted by: BATMAN.6794

BATMAN.6794

I too can vouch for people. My friend/guild mate had 2 characters stuck in that map and its been nearly 4 hours, and he cant do anything with those 2 characters still. I myself was stuck but I exited and retried to log in, and I exited again and weirdly got put back on a previous map when I relogged. My problem is fine though, but it would be nice if we could get a new build to fix it or something please.

Desert Borderlands suck bring back alpine til new ones are revamped

Foghladha.2506

Error:
“The game client lost its connection to the server.
Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (Code=7:0:0:794:101)”

Submitted support ticket: 1234773

Little help would be appreciated

Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

Foghladha.2506

Seems to be resolved now!

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

Seems to be resolved now!

Nope. We’re running guild missions and everyone is having this issue right now. Guesting isn’t even helping.

Tig.2704

I just loaded up my character after about a 7 hour break and was able to get out of there. (^.^) I hope everyone on else will get out of that limbo between load screens. My map completion came back to my account as well \(^0^)/

Perle.7352

I just logged in my main. Lost about an hour on my 24 hour celebration booster but at least I can play her again!

Andraus.3874

I’m having the same issue on legacy of foefire unranked pvp queue…. I still think this is a bad server poping up.

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Same issue when I try to join EOTM. Gonna try another toon and party.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast