Player nameplates bug

Player nameplates bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

With the Show Player Nameplates (or whatever it’s called) option set to “off”, player nameplates still render at a certain distance, and then disappear once the player is within a certain range.

I doubt this is WAI; I figured turning player nameplates off would turn them all off.

Attachments:

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Player nameplates bug

Posted by: HatSimulator.9362

HatSimulator.9362

did you try restarting the whole game after this happened and trying again?

Gates of Madness [DUI]
Main Warrior | Every other class at 80
I only play WvW

Player nameplates bug

Posted by: Nyq.7869

Nyq.7869

Im also having the same issue as the creator of the post.
Please its getting really annoying within events, wvw and cities.

Attachments:

Player nameplates bug

Posted by: Zefram.8945

Zefram.8945

Totally confirm this behavior.
Its a bit wired to see far away clusters of text.

It could be helpful in some situation when looking for someone, but in this case i normally press the STRG or ALT button for toggle the nameplates.

“Off” should be “off at all”.

Truth is the average of all points of view.

Player nameplates bug

Posted by: Nexxis.1872

Nexxis.1872

I’ve been having the same problem with player names, NPC names, and enemy names. For me, it’s been going on for a few days now and can be a huge problem in the large Clockwork Chaos fights. I’ve tried restarting the game and even turning all of the options off, but they still appear at a certain distance.

Attachments:

Player nameplates bug

Posted by: ChanceBoudreaux.4205

ChanceBoudreaux.4205

I’ve been reporting this bug for months but no one seems to care Drives me crazy when I’m in WvW and random name plates pop up.

Player nameplates bug

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I’ve only seen this since immediately after the Clockwork Chaos patch went live. Sent in a bug report about an hour later. It seems to have reduced since then, but I still see them here and there (mostly in Rata Sum and Metrica Province, for whatever reason).