Players Disapearing and teleporting in wvw

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mezmere.3241

Mezmere.3241

This bug just started after this patch. I’ll be running with my zerg in wvw and the commander will disappear along with most the zerg, although I can still see them on my mini map. Sometimes ally nameplates disappear and the commander tag will randomly stop moving and slowly fade away.
I can see all enemy player models and name plates, the issue is only with allies.

BG – [DwT] Death Watch – Guild Leader

(edited by Mezmere.3241)

Posted by: Schtizzel.5497

Schtizzel.5497

Can confirm. Happened to some of my guildies.

After some testing we found out that putting “Character Model Limit” on its lowest setting will trigger this bug.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

That’s not a bug, it is the way it is intended to work. Reducing model limit improves performance.

Posted by: noname.4231

noname.4231

same problem after patch

Posted by: szshou.2193

szshou.2193

That’s not a bug, it is the way it is intended to work. Reducing model limit improves performance.

No it’s not, it’s meant to make the character model disappear, not the nameplate and commander tag. It has never happened before this patch and I always run in WvW with character model limit at its lowest.

[eN] midline rallybot

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

This is also happening to me, people in guild, and people in map chat.

When a player model is supposed to disappear and leave just a nameplate, it seems that the nameplate gets stuck where the model was last drawn. The nameplates frequently go into the ground. The players who have had their models removed are effectively invisible, as their nameplates are not over their head. This is especially noticeable with commander tags disappearing and entire groups appearing out of thin air around you.

Hyade and his flamethrower

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

So glad to find out that it wasn’t a personal problem. This also began happening for me after the update patch. I couldn’t even play WvW properly earlier today because the commander would randomly disappear and his tag would stay in the same spot and slowly fade away. Large groups of allies would either disappear or appear near me. I could still see their dots on the mini-map.

Hoping this issue is an easy one to figure out. o/

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

(edited by Vash.9183)

Posted by: Necro Killz You.9601

Necro Killz You.9601

Happening to me too and also a lot of my guildies. I can’t see the enemies nameplates either until they’re really close to me, about 1200 range away

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Needs to be fixed ASAP. Happens to enemy zergs as well making it extremely difficult to avoid damage at times as you’ll have no clue how many players are attacking you.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

Here is a screenshot I took showcasing the bug. As you can see, the mini map shows the commander tag in the correct location, but on screen it’s bugged into a fixed location.

Attachments:

The Art of Roaming [gank]

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

I have the same problem since the patch and many other players on my server experience the same problems.

Posted about the same problem in the WvW forum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Player-rendering-bugged-culling/first#post6202116

Posted by: Mima.2756

Mima.2756

Same problem, All players stop moving when they get out of LoS but not on the mini map

Posted by: msbehnke.3960

msbehnke.3960

Enemy name plates are also buggy, sometimes looks like there only a few red name plates and then all of a sudden a blob will appear. Name plates are also fixed and sometimes appear under the map or within wall/obstacles.

Mathaais, Guardian [WolF] IoJ Commander

Posted by: Arcasura.4167

Arcasura.4167

Have the same problem here, Names and Commander Symbols sticks in the air, and doesnt move for a while. Curios is, on the mini Map, all moves normal.
Win10, GTX 650ti 1GB Ram, GW2 64bit Client.

(edited by Arcasura.4167)

Posted by: Chris.5720

Chris.5720

Only thing that kinda fixes it is turning the Character Model Limit to atleast Medium, tho your FPS drop by alot..got to the point where if you wanna see the commander, the game becomes somewhat unplayable. Running with 10 FPS in a blob fight simply because you wanna see your commander ain’t fun at all.

Please take a look at this ANet :/

Posted by: GuildWarsChamp.5302

GuildWarsChamp.5302

This is not only a problem in WvW, but I’ve seen issues in PvE maps during world bosses like karka queen and temple zergs. Players and commander tags will appear to be in one place, but actually in complete different area, and when you approach them the nameplates and tag marker will fade out and you’ll see that the characters are not there at all.

There were some issues like npc event icons (shield) and downed player icons that seemed out of place too. This took place during my daily temple zerg with huge numbers of players. Not sure if this is related, but I thought it was necessary to mention it…

In WvW where staying on the commander is essential… its quite frustrating to find out you are not even on the tag at all! The mini map seems to be working ok, but I cant stare at a mini map during a zerg battle…

This needs to fix Anet! It’s not only a WvW problem but a PvE problem as well

Balthazar Almighty
Representing: [ZoS] Zealots of Shiverpeak -Main guild on NSP
Leader of [TZ] Raiders of the Lost Temples -Temple Zerg

(edited by GuildWarsChamp.5302)

Posted by: Arcasura.4167

Arcasura.4167

Maybe it has something to do with the character Model Quality.
When You force the system to render the Model in front of you, The name plates will immediately switch back to normal, but when its out of range, for example the blue Com Symbol it will stick in the Air again, mostly when you are in fight with heavy Blobs.

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Has something changed about this option in the graphics settings? I’ve had it on lowest for 2 years now, and suddenly when I do teq almost NO ONE loads around me. It feels like a completely barren zone(when before lots of people still loaded) and then suddenly enemies are stacked full of condis and taking tons of damage, so there is people around me. For some reason, a lot less people are loading now with the option on lowest?

Other people I play with are experiencing the same thing. Has something been changed with this option? I haven’t seen ANY posts about this issue but it’s not just me having it and I’m curious what’s up with it.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Seems to be a bug with the nameplates. It was even stranger in WvW. It looked like the sieges were attacking stuff automatically.

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

Maybe it has something to do with the character Model Quality.
When You force the system to render the Model in front of you, The name plates will immediately switch back to normal, but when its out of range, for example the blue Com Symbol it will stick in the Air again, mostly when you are in fight with heavy Blobs.

It definitely is tied to the character model limit setting in graphics options. It seems to be a bug with how the game is supposed to transition from drawing player models and nameplates to only drawing nameplates. If your settings are high enough that you can draw all player models on the screen, then the bug does not occur.

Hyade and his flamethrower

Posted by: werdernator.6105

werdernator.6105

This bug happens once player-models disappear due to your character limit settings.
once the models disappear, the nameplate stays in place until they appear again (either you target them – or somebody in your group does – or they get so close that they would be rendered again).

The problem with this is: wvw is very fps intensive sometimes, many players play with the character limit on “lowest”. The bug makes following enemy movement impossible since you cannot see them move, so you are stumbling through the battlefield without knowing your enemy’s position, even if they are in range for pressure (on lowest character limit they can be literally next to you and you don’t notice them).

a possible workaround at the moment is setting character limit to “highest”, although that absolutely murders your framerate.

Github | Werdes

Posted by: Ereiz.2174

Ereiz.2174

This is huge gamebreaking problem and should be looked asap. I’m not willing to play with highest player models(10fps compared to normal 40-100) to actually be able to see players. Bug also happens on low/medium settings.

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

was this fixed in the last patch?

Posted by: bigFM.8642

bigFM.8642

No it was not! Players disappearing and teleporting all over for me. Simply unplayable. This better be fixed by tomorrow reset…

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

Good day friends,
This issue is being investigated by QA and no ETA on a fix has been made at this point. =( But we are aware its going on.

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Good day friends,
This issue is being investigated by QA and no ETA on a fix has been made at this point. =( But we are aware its going on.

It’s a very annoying bug and makes doing things such as the dragon stand tower meta event a headache because you can’t ever see where your teammates are!

Thank you for the update and I hope you get it fixed ASAP!

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

It seems to be a graphical bug, that is causing a lot of different issues in WvW.
It seems to be focused around large group fights. Player’s will rubberband/teleport sometimes during the fight, sometimes they just seem to be standing there and then they rubberband to you. Commander tags are teleporting as well, even off the actual commander. Nameplates of people not even in squad or party will show up across the map, or sometimes we can see nameplates of enemies through walls or across the map. Downed enemies moving and teleporting is a huge issue that I have noticed as well. It’s difficult to kill or fight anything that on your screen shows you is there, but they aren’t taking damage or anything because they really aren’t there, so your left just running around AoEing trying to figure out where everything is.

Watched a fight between two guilds the other night where my server group appeared to be just standing on Pride Rock while the enemy group was running around fighting nothing but the air, it wasn’t until I saw the green dots on my minimap moving around that I realized the player silhoutte’s were stuck on Pride Rock while actually players were moving around.

It is a rather annoying bug as it impacts the quality of a gamer’s WvW experience.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

Posted by: Roy Spector.5781

Roy Spector.5781

Hello,

I have an annoying bug to report. At least I think, and hope this is just a bug, and not an intended behavior. Also I tried to find it in the forums, and didn’t come across anything related.

In Options -> Graphic Options -> Advanced Settings, there’s an option called “Character Model Limit”.

In its description it says “Nameplates still appear for all characters”, but if I put this option on a low setting, then when characters move further from me something happens:

Their names stay at the same spot, even if they go away, and the names teleport to their new location, only when they come very close to me. As a result of this issue, it is much harder for me to fight in WvW or even big PvE events, as names teleport around me, or become completely invisible. Enemies can get really close to me, kill me, and I don’t even have an indication of them being there.

It seems this isn’t related to any other option, as I’ve put them all on maximum value, and only this option on low, and the issue continues to happen. I would put this value on a higher setting, but it seems in big WvW fights, my game gets FPS dropped if it actually tries to draw the models of everyone. So seeing only the names (even if they aren’t standing near me) would be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s a bug that’s been reported, and the Devs have acknowledged.

Posted by: bigFM.8642

bigFM.8642

It is absolutely gamebreaking. I quit WvW until this is fixed…

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Good evening friends,

I wanted to let you all know that the team is working on a fix, but that it is going to be a bit longer before we are able to deliver it to you. It will not be out before the end of the weekend. Unfortunately this means that those who prefer or need to use the lowest setting will encounter this bug for a little while longer. While you wait, if you’ve not attempted it yet – some of you have reported that a potential workaround has been to raise the character model settings – which may be a workaround for some of you. As is, I apologize to the many of you who are affected by this bug and thank you for the continued reports and your patience while we work on fixing this.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Posted by: Roy Spector.5781

Roy Spector.5781

Thanks!

Didn’t find it myself, maybe I was searching for the wrong keywords.
At least I tried to explain the bug with detail :)

(edited by Roy Spector.5781)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks!

Didn’t find it myself, maybe I was searching for the wrong keywords.
At least I tried to explain the bug with detail

The forum’s search function doesn’t work that well (like that of a lot of forums, unfortunately). Even ANet recommends using your favorite search engine instead. For google, that search would be

site:forum-en.guildwars2.com character model limit

(and then limit the search to the last month or week or whatever)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Mezmere.3241

Mezmere.3241

Thank you for the update

BG – [DwT] Death Watch – Guild Leader

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

This issue is effecting me in PvE as well. Did Victory or Death and the final area, allies didn’t load in ever (except Garm), enemy names made it appear they were at the other end of the ship when in fact they were right in front of me. My settings are Medium/High in terms of model limit/quality.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Bug Fix:

• Fixed an issue in which the nameplates of players would move erratically when character models were culled.