Players in downstate slide away

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: FunkaHolixx.2937

FunkaHolixx.2937

äh wtf anet. since last patch this happens very often. fix it cause its rly annonying

Posted by: Cannabis Sativa Hollandica.2803

Cannabis Sativa Hollandica.2803

Yeah its awfull i alrdy had a few times where i could easely pull of the rezz in a 2v2 wich when we just had to hold that point to win and my team mate glided off to Afrika , also one time a ranger that died slided into a wall and seconds later it was back at the original spot being rezzed by his pet and got up again. This glitch is toxic for pvp since it can make or break a match without influence of players. Hope they will fix this soon

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

Seen it multiple times, downstate start sliding till player hit wall then port to original position. Sliding animation appears for everyone not just for me, you can’t hit it in original downed position nor when its sliding.

Maybe skills like launch on downstate causing such gamebreaking bug.

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I notice this same sort of thing when I use basalisk venom.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

I, too, have seen this happen during stuns (specifically Static Field and Mantra of Distraction) and when a player is downed. However, I have been able to AOE cleave downed bodies at their original location even though I visually am watching them meander away.

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Since the IMMO bug from Taunt took 1 year to get fix…

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Hah.

Yeah, I’ve noticed this several times. Seems to happen most commonly in PvP, but I’ve also seen it happen in Fractals too.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Yes, I call it the downed shuffle!
Have noticed multiple instances of this.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Done some SPvP and roaming on WvW and noticed that some people just keep slipping off in downstate.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

A couple of people reported this after the LS3 update. I’ve seen at once, and only on allies in PvE instances. (Others seem to have seen it more often.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

A couple of people reported this after the LS3 update. I’ve seen at once, and only on allies in PvE instances. (Others seem to have seen it more often.)

yeah, that’s exactly when that old teleporting dolyak bug reapeared.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Done some SPvP and roaming on WvW and noticed that some people just keep slipping off in downstate.

Yes.

But since I can’t get any video, Anet won’t care.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: foxof.8752

foxof.8752

O.o what, this is not confirmed bug? was checking the bug tracker and not seeing this.try get in full map meta, world boss or Bloodstone Fen – Jade Construct event, where players get downed a lot, this happen so often.

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

It’s really annoying, especially when your allies think that you come next to them and that you don’t care, while you just can’t see where they are downed.

And it makes the exact same thing for some enemies :/

I’m talking about pvp, which is why it is even more problematic.

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Yes.

Vid: https://youtu.be/-6UbTew6py0

(edited by Gotejjeken.1267)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yes.

You don’t need a video. Just type /bug after it happens again and fill out the report.

It’s not the highest priority issue on their plate; it will get fixed, but not necessarily as soon as we’d like.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

I was playing on my rev in pvp and I noticed more bugs in one match than in my whole pvp time. i staff 5’ed a opponent rezzing and ele and it shot off across the map (it had used mistform already) then i used glints dragon push on a warrior in instantly downed and it stood up in downstate and went into a contant auto running animation into a wall, until a teammate revived him (could not stomp him in standing state) their seems to be something wrong with knockback,pull,lauch skills affecting downed people.

even though this stuff is funny to watch in ranked pvp it not so funny anymore more game breaking.

on a side note for anet i was once sitting emote in edge of the mists waiting for a game to start and as soon as the horn blew for the ready up screen (the one that annoyingly stops u in the middle of typing) it caused my character to jump up and run contently in one direction like what happen to the downstate warrior. so something in the animation transitions is not right at all it like when they get interrupted they go to an auto run animation or just slide away.

Death Good

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Still happening, had thrice today a necro slide off clocktower onto the stairs and snap back a while later where he originally was downed. Then another necro on keep point sliding away…. and a guard albeit way off point between keep and blue side; just kept sliding. Very annoying. Please fix.

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Can confirm that slide happens both when players go down and when they are hit with basi venom. They appear to keep walking. The visual messes up timing attacks and also messes up getting stomps.

This is a significant bug and deserves a lot of attention/acknowledgement by the devs.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Posted by: brazenchick.4891

brazenchick.4891

there is a bug where when you down an enemy (in pvp) they float off and you cant stomp them. would like a fix to this and a mod response to this is being fixed. thanks alot.

Posted by: Moderator

This thread is being merged with “Players in downstate slide away” (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Players-in-downstate-slide-away/6274236)

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

for quite a while now it happens to appear that especially in guild fights down states keep moving in one direction even they’re down and should be on point…

happened on all borders including OS…

any info on this?

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I’ve seen this for weeks now.When I down a person they will start sliding across the ground then get up or healed by another player .Ive seen them slide quite a distance then get up and run away to safety or disappear (most likely logging out).I,m not sure if this is has been reported before or is being dealt with.Saying that it’s a lag issue is complete BS because I get lag it and don’t slide while downed and get up.
It’s getting really annoying and becoming more common.
While I’m here I would like to add the issue of people logging out to avoid being stomped .Their needs to be a point penalty for that .I suggest 4 points for logging out while down instead of the 3 points for being stomped .
I don’t need to remind anyone that these are exploits .

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I believe this is an exploit because some are downed stationary then start moving in a different direction that they were moving originally.
I made a similar thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Sliding-while-downed-in-WvW
Would like someone from ANET to respond.

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

I think it is network related. some time I fall down going down a cliff and the character is slipping on the floor like on ice. other time I cannot cross door in keep in wvw and nothing on map is moving, can’t interact with anything. then alittle after it is like the connection comes back and everything start to work again. it is similar to rubber banding lag spike.

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

it happens to me some time it is like spike lag rubber banding. either there is network issue on anet side. or there is people using hack(speed hack etc…) and it cause instability on anet server. that is my best guess.