Please fix Aetherblade fractal consoles

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

These are constantly bugged. As in the consoles don’t even exist a lot of times, making the fractal unable to be finished. (Unless their is a trick to cheese past it when it does this?).

I really don’t enjoy resetting 5 times, every fricking time this fractal comes around.

This has been going on for years now.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What is it that you think is supposed to happen? What is happening instead? My regular crew does this fractal all the time (including since the Lunar New Year patch) and we haven’t experienced any trouble (well, no trouble activating the consoles; sometimes trouble we oops getting to the consoles).

The number of active consoles depends on the tier: at lower level fractals, you don’t need to do as many.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

What is happening is we get up to the top room and we are expecting there to be 3 consoles to deactivate the trap and open the door and yet the game only spawns 2.
We tried to do it with those 2 but no dice.
The scale we were on was scale 24 btw

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What is happening is we get up to the top room and we are expecting there to be 3 consoles to deactivate the trap and open the door and yet the game only spawns 2.
We tried to do it with those 2 but no dice.
The scale we were on was scale 24 btw

I don’t think we tried 24 recently. At tier 1, I thought there were only two consoles (I believe it’s the same number as the first set, too). I’ll try to get in there myself in the next few days to see if I can duplicate your experience. If it’s a bug, I’ll help document; if it’s something else, hopefully I can point you in the right direction.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

OK I just went back to Level 24 and… there are three consoles, both below and above (not just the two I remember).

The one labeled #3 is difficult to see when you’re up top. It’s easier to see from underneath the lasers, if you have “show all objects” turned on (or just press alt). As you enter the room, it’s to the right of the exit door.

There are a couple of ways to reach it; the easiest to me is to go left from the top, scurry around the edge and jump atop the first set of boxes you find. From there, you can hang out indefinitely. Don’t do that, of course

Instead, head in the same direction (towards then past the door) to another set of boxes, which is next to console 3. You can also use the ‘usual’ blink/teleport tricks from below.

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

OK but the problem we are having isnt that it is hard to see or that we can’t get to it. The problem is that it sometimes just doesn’t spawn the third console.

When that happens, there are only 2 objective markers on the mini map and 2 consoles to interact with. I am not 100% sure on the other times this bug has happened but the most recent time it was the console by the door that didnt spawn.

Also I would like to emphasize the “sometimes” because our experience has been very inconsistent, sometimes the right amount of consoles does spawn and sometimes it doesnt. Even on Guild Fractal night if this comes up as a daily we could find some groups having the bug and others not.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In that case, I would:

• Use the in-game /bug reporting tool each time no third console spawns.
  • File one support ticket (among all of you) reporting the same, with the details above, including the approximate time/date you /bug reported.

For ANet to be able to replicate the situation (their first step in fixing it), they’ll need as much data as you can give them. Since the situation is intermittent, they won’t be able to simply spawn the instance to see what happens. Perhaps it has to do with how you traverse the hazards on the way to the top level or how many mines explode or… who knows.

I’ve never seen this happen and I don’t know of anyone who has, so I’m not able to help you narrow down what might be going on.

(I realize it’s a pain to report stuff so do what you can/have time for. More examples would be better than just some, but some is far better than none.)

Posted by: Nirushuni.3619

Nirushuni.3619

Have encountered this bug for the second time, and now reported it. Scale 24, four people in party; we did a reset and it still happened, then we gave up as one guy had to go sleep. The first time we tried (a week or two ago), it took a few resets for the console to appear. It’s only been the one by those boxes, too. Don’t recall this happening on scale 14, and no idea about any of the higher ones.

It’d be nice to see a fix for this!

Gryphons Without Wings [GWW], Australian/New Zealand guild, PvE/WvW (IoJ&SoS), Est. 2008