Please fix Unbound Tools in the 6-20 Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

They still force your weapons to unsheathe when using them, and it’s rather annoying. Thank you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They still force your weapons to unsheathe when using them, and it’s rather annoying. Thank you.

This happens with other tools, too.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I was just going to write a complaint on here, something along the lines of, “Dear ArenaNet devs, could you please, at last, make the automated weapon draw upon gathering resources stop? Thank you!”

Then I saw this thread.

The same happens when gliding, and with any other action. It’s annoying as hell, and I remember that it wasn’t like this a few months ago.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

notebene.3190

Really? It doesn’t happen with the standard tools or the first set of unlimited tools we got (which are the only tools I have experience with).

That’s a bummer if it’s true, it’s really, really annoying. So like robo-tron, fireflys, all the other types, force your weapons to unsheathe?

At any rate, still happens after 6/20 patch.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

When the game first launched, there was a persistent bug in which we’d sometimes get ruined materials (as if we didn’t have the proper tools equipped). It turned out it happened most often if we were in combat (with many nuances related to the node, which weapons were equipped). Back in the day, you could swap tools more easily, among other differences.

To solve the bug, they decided to treat ‘gathering’ as a type of combat, so that our characters weren’t swapping in & out of the mode. My guess is that some other change related to combat animation is affecting the while-gathering animation. (My guess: the popular change to the preview window, in which our characters display as if in combat, in the ‘wielded’ mode.)

tl;dr bugs happen
(personally, I try not to let it bother me — it doesn’t affect the parts of the game that make it fun; your mileage might vary)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

notebene.3190

tl;dr bugs happen
(personally, I try not to let it bother me — it doesn’t affect the parts of the game that make it fun; your mileage might vary)

Now that I know it isn’t really a bug as far as they are concerned (as it has been this way awhile, I just wasn’t in a position to realize it), I’ll stop pushing it as such, and I made a ‘quality of life’ suggestion, as it would improve my quality of life, and they can do what they will with that suggestion and I’ll move on.

Thanks