Possible bug - 50% of monster equipment drops are based on your character level

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I did some farming yesterday for fine tier 2 crafting materials (small scales, small fangs, small claws, etc) and 50% of the time I would get a lvl 46 armor item when fighting monsters that were in their 20s and 30s. Literally, every other equipment drop was a lvl 46 armor (my character is lvl 52 and I was farming in 15-25 and 25-35 zones – Snowden Drifts and Gendarran Fields to be exact). There’s a couple issues with this:

1) If I am trying to farm for leather or cloth, those 46 armors are going to salvage into higher tiers of leather or cloth.
2) I can go back to my starter zone at lvl 80, kill lvl 3 wurms and most likely eventually get a full set of high 70s gear.

Suggestion: Change monster, chest, bag drops based on the level of the zone and/or monster, and not the level of your character.

I heard there has been similar problems with lvl 80 dungeon chests that were/are dropping lvl 30 blues/greens.

Obviously not a priority, but thought I’d let this be known.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

Posted by: RuQu.8394

RuQu.8394

I believe this is intended. Its tied to the downscale system that lets a level 50 character play with a level 12 friend, while still getting useful items. The bags still drop mob appropriate materials, and white gear drops are still low level as well I believe, based on doing starter zones on my 30 Guardian.

Posted by: Gokki.9574

Gokki.9574

working as intended, you get random drops for your own level even at lower levels