Post-patch lightning

Post-patch lightning

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ilna.3076

Ilna.3076

Is it only me or was there some change in graphics? Graphic settings are all the same, yet sunshine seems to be completely white now. Looks very unnatural and makes dark colored armor look like rubber.

Attachments:

Post-patch lightning

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah something is wrong with the graphics. mine were suddenly set to lowest of the low and when i went back to my usual set up. everything looked still choppy and bad.yes i keep my settings lower in wvw due to lag issues, but it never looked this bad

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Post-patch lightning

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I believe that, due to the changes they put in place for adjusting the intensity of effects, graphics were set to default or low values on most of the settings. I don’t think it was intentional, though they may have done this so players that were uninformed of this new effects option would then have to go to their graphics settings to correct them and then see this new Effects LOD setting. Might have just been their way of getting everyone to go to the graphics settings to inform them of this new setting.

I noticed something was wrong at first because, with my using the ‘small TP’ interface, I noticed that half of the fonts were invisible. Changing my graphics back to my normal settings allowed the fonts to display properly once again.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Post-patch lightning

Ilna.3076

I’ve tried changing everything and still can’t get rid of that ugly white light. All settings are on max.

Post-patch lightning

Posted by: mllepandora.3176

mllepandora.3176

Admittedly, my PC is due for an upgrade, and my video card is ancient, but before this patch, it looked fine. Now the new lighting changes have created random artifacts and graphics anomalies no matter how many settings I change.

Post-patch lightning

Ilna.3076

Ok, just tried changing settings again and setting shaders to medium/low seems to solve this problem. Must’ve missed it before.

Post-patch lightning

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Eww..

same problem here..

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Post-patch lightning

Posted by: mllepandora.3176

mllepandora.3176

I tried setting the shaders to low (and everything else to low/medium) and the top of my display is still darker than the rest, and the light flashes/ artifacts when I go from shaded areas to lighted areas seem to be here for good until a fix is found.

fingers crossed