Precision Calculations were adjusted

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ltomato.8649

Ltomato.8649

When base stats were announced to be increased to 1000 across the board (other than vit, of course), I’m sure we expected the scaling and calculations to remain teh same.

However, Precision calculation has changed. I noticed that my after patch stats had a much lower critical chance than expected- lower than before patch, despite having more precision!

I did some math, and it looks like precision calculation has changed from (precision – 824)/21 = crit chance to (precision – 916)/21 = crit chance.

This means that despite the increase from 916 to 1000 precision, base precision has remained 4%.

The extra 84 precision, or 4% crit chance, has just vanished into the aether, resulting in lower critical hit chances after patch than before, despite having higher precision.

Is this intentional?

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

on my engineer, I now have more precision and lower crit chance (saved before screenshots with and without traits). Also, while I didnt look into this myself, a guildie said that he has multiple characters of different classes in full ascended zerker gear (so should be same precision) but different white (no bonuses) crit chances. Again, didnt look into this myself, so some other verification/refutation would be good.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah im hoping this is a bug. Or a change they will reconsider. I have lost 2% crit chance despite having more precision than before the patch.

Or at the very least can we have a reason for why it was changed.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

Bump. Because clarification would be nice at least. If Precision was supposed to be less effective than it is now, that’s okay. But notes are always a beloved thing!

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Bump. Because clarification would be nice at least. If Precision was supposed to be less effective than it is now, that’s okay. But notes are always a beloved thing!

Ditto. I dont mind if the calc changed but I’d like to know if its legit or a bug.

It seems like a bug or programming accident to me. My logic is that we didn’t gain extra stats overall, we just got the traitline stats rolled into baseline/armor, so it wouldnt make sense to change the formula.

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

Well, they clearly number-slipped on burns, so precision might be affected just all the same! Bumpedy bump!

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I hope this is a bug and will be fixed. If not some clarification on the subject is in order.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

spoj.9672

Bump.

Was having 8% base crit chance really too overpowered? 8% is what we would have if the old formula still applied.

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

morning bump on this one. just looking for a clarification even if its not a bug so we can work out the new formula.

spoj.9672

bump.

Dand.8231

Still waiting for feedback from ANet on if this is a mistake, or a change in calculations. I’m still pretty sure this is a bug, because I feel like this would have been mentioned in the patch notes if not.

Dand.8231

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

There has been no post on the forum by a dev regarding this. While the calculation appears to have been changed only to exclude the ‘bonus’ precision they were giving from going to a 1k base, I lost a lot of crit chance after the patch compared to what I had before.

spoj.9672

This really needs exposure to the community to be honest. Its such a huge change but most people arent aware of it.

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

posted seven days ago but no word… That’s too bad :’(

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179