in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I get the same issue.

Prisoners of the Dragon story instance bugged

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

I played the story once, then replayed it on the same char. Didn’t work.
I played the story four times with other chars. No achievements either.
I then replayed the story (not with my initial char, more like the second or third one) and it finally worked. Don’t know why, but try it by replaying the story. Maybe you have to try it a few times (?) or with different chars.

Posted by: sevyr.1482

sevyr.1482

I found Syncs method to be correct. I could only interact with the paper when I played the mission with the character I used to clear it the very first time. Very weird…

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

Got the same issue, but running the instance on the same character that did it 1st time fixed it for me.

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

Got the same issue, but running the instance on the same character that did it 1st time fixed it for me.

same

Posted by: brz.1509

brz.1509

Tried this again today, the achievements are still bugged. The pacing in the story is slow enough that it’s really frustrating to have to do this twice on a single character.

Posted by: hojny.7096

hojny.7096

still bugged even after the “bug fix patch”, pretty pathetic.

Posted by: Vitamina Ce.5193

Vitamina Ce.5193

After the update 2015.11.17-2, the bug is still active.
— Seriously?
— Yes, seriously.
Please, MathewMedina, read this and do something. Thx.

Vitamina Ce.5193

After the update 2015.11.17-3, the bug is still active.

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

20.11.2015 pages still not active. can we get a fix already?
also Rytlock freezes in one spot after telling me to follow him, cannot proceed any further

Attachments:

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

(edited by Etien.4601)

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

Same problem for me, achievements stuck and also rytlock stuck now. I think he gets stuck when you try to interact with the page next to him.

Posted by: lnguy.5127

lnguy.5127

Still bugged for me.

Posted by: lnguy.5127

lnguy.5127

Tried on a different toon and now Rytlock is bugged. He won’t move. Please get this resolve soon as this has been going on for over 3 weeks.

Posted by: Valkyrie Ryu.9652

Valkyrie Ryu.9652

Doing story on second character. If you run ahead of Rytlock, the entire instance bugs out and the NPCs wont move so you have to restart. If you wait for him, the 2 achievements are still bugged. You can get Stick to the Landing though. Not sure about the tendril achievement as I did that on my first character’s run.
These 2 are the last ones I have left until I get Act 1 Mastery. Weird part? My achievement says 17/18 even though 2 are unchecked…

Then after reading the suggestions in this thread, I went back to my first character who has done the entire story to try to get those last 2 achievements. On this character if I try to run ahead (I waited at the first page location), Rytlock appears to be bugged. However once the talking is over, the first page can be interacted with and you can complete the ornithologist achievement. Even though at this point I was still missing the smith achievement, I got Act I mastery achievement and reward. After this, I went tot he location of the cave at the top of the stairs to see if Rytlock would follow but he wouldn’t, so I restarted the instance.

This time I stayed with the NPCs. Whilst climbing the stairs, the first smith’s black dead NPC dot appeared. I rezzed him as soon as that cave was cleared and he gave me the achievement. (I note this because dulfy’s guide says “you will need to talk to Beigarth after you cleared the Mordrem camp before the tendrils” and as such I am not sure which was version was the intended.) For the last smith I waited until after the Overseer was killed to rez him. Was able to get the achievement.

By the way, the achievement completion stars in the story journal don’t show the fully completed stars picture until you finish all the achievements in the Act, instead of showing the fully completed stars per story instance. I think it’s way more confusing that way.

(side note: A few weeks ago I noticed a similar NPCs-not-following bug in the personal story where you are at Concordia and then a messenger arrives telling you to go save the researchers in the ruins/cave. For that one, even sticking with the NPCs doesn’t help, so I was stuck and unable to finish personal story on my mesmer.)

Fashion Forward: 477/1000 skins

Posted by: Verminar.3910

Verminar.3910

Try today on both 80 character. I run forward, stay behind, restart instance over and over. But page are still not active and i cant find dead NPC for Smith achivement.

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

These 2 are the last ones I have left until I get Act 1 Mastery. Weird part? My achievement says 17/18 even though 2 are unchecked…

I just noticed this very same thing, too!
There’s 19 achievements in total, so I’ve basically got 17/19 achievements, but you only need 18 for Act 1 Mastery. A little strange.

Verminar.3910

I just noticed this very same thing, too!
There’s 19 achievements in total, so I’ve basically got 17/19 achievements, but you only need 18 for Act 1 Mastery. A little strange.

“Sylvari Solidarity” achievement are for 80 lvl sylvari only. So if you have this race – perfect. If dont – you still get Act1 Mastery anyway.

Posted by: iczek.9628

iczek.9628

The achievements “Peer Review” and “My Friends, the Smiths” from the “Prisoners of the Dragon” story instance are bugged on my second walk through via my second character.

Update – I ran it again on the first character I completed the story with and I was able to interact with the pages and was able to get the Peer Review achievement.

I went back to Ritlock. He was standing near the first page. He would not progress forward and I could not interact with him so I restarted the instance.

After restarting the instance on my first character I was able to complete My Friends, the Smiths achievement.

(edited by iczek.9628)

AzureSky.3175

“Sylvari Solidarity” achievement are for 80 lvl sylvari only. So if you have this race – perfect. If dont – you still get Act1 Mastery anyway.

Oh, I see!
Okay, that’s actually well-thought-out then.

Verminar.3910

Update – I ran it again on the first character I completed the story with and I was able to interact with the pages and was able to get the Peer Review achievement.

I try this and it works on first character (i make 2 restart instance before it work).

Looks like this achievement are “soulbound”

Vitamina Ce.5193

Did it on a third character, still bugged. Eligible for “Peer Review” and “My Friends, the Smiths”, but no objects to interact… Please, fix. Thx.

Posted by: Leetsura.3507

Leetsura.3507

Had to use the first character that I took through, to be able to start “Peer Review” and “My Friends, the Smiths”.

Gonna swim with the big fish. You’re gonna get your wish. Ooooooo. Little barracuda.
When you awake, quaggans will be here, and there’ll be a crab cake, just for you…
oooOOOOOoooooOOOoooo…

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Now I can confirm that, after switching to the character with whom I first started the new story, the achievements work this time.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

AzureSky.3175

One month now, yay!

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

One month now, yay!

For reals… >.>

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

I’m having the same problem The pages are non-interactive despite having the buff indicating I should be able to do peer review.

Attachments:

Posted by: Wynterbourne.3189

Wynterbourne.3189

Still bugged. No Beigarath to interact with and the papers can’t be interacted with. Haven’t tried a second run through with my first character yet. I was trying to get my alts done since I have to do each one of them individually to be allowed to do map completion on Auric Basin with each one of them. But that’s a whole other complaint.

(edited by Wynterbourne.3189)

Posted by: Mewa.5423

Mewa.5423

And I thought I just couldn’t find it… I the end I did, but same issue, can’t interact and no Beigarth is spawning.

Vitamina Ce.5193

After the update 2015.12.01-1, the bug is still active.
In fact, no HoT campaign (aka Personal Story) bug-fixing.

AzureSky.3175

And now it’s officially one month since the one and only dev response on this issue so far…
I’m wondering if the “note to look into it first thing on monday” was ever created or if he simply forgot…

Posted by: aberration.2876

aberration.2876

This is happening to me too. Someone please fix this!

Posted by: evileat.8326

evileat.8326

Can confirm this bug is still active and still kittening people the hell off. Get it fixed.

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Still broken.
May be an issue with Peer Review when someone in the party has not completed the story on the character they are using. I was able to do it solo though on my main.

Easy to overlook that you need to talk to Beigarth before you can rez the others. Missed that part both solo and with my group…

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

(edited by Curo.2483)

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

Both achivements are buged, page non clickble, and the smith is gone.

“Death is just another path”

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Wonder why it’s bugged for some, and not for others? Did all of these some days ago, worked flawlessly.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Posted by: Scottish.7148

Scottish.7148

TL;DR version
1. Re-start story instance
2. Wait for Rytlock to cross bridge
3. Pick up pages and complete first achievement
4. Kill mobs in cave
5. Rez Breigarth
6. Kill mobs in first clearing
7. Grenade tendrils, complete second achievement
8. Kill Overseer
9. Run back to Breigarth in first clearing and talk to him
10. Rez 4 NPC’s (3 in first clearing, 1 up in Overseer clearing), complete third achievement

The long version-
So after reading multiple threads, a lot of trial and error, and successfully pulling out all my hair, here’s what I did to complete the achievements. I restarted the story “Prisoners of the Dragon”. After entering the instance, only two of the three achievements were showing (the little yellow bubbles). I stayed behind Rytlock until he crossed bridge. Then first page of book appeared. Followed cliff around, picking up pages and completing achievement. Then went back to Rytlock. Only one achievement showing now.

Fought first group in cave. Let Rytlock finish his dialog. Rezzed Breigarth. Went up the stairs, fought second group. Let Rytlock finish his dialog and moved toward tendrils. Third achievement finally appeared, “Artful Dodger”. Proceeded to grenade tendrils and not get hit. Artful Dodger complete. This is when I got finally got completion of Verdant Brink Story achievements 18/18, even though only 17/18 were done. ???

Moved forward and completed Overseer fight. Then ran all the way back to Breigarth who is standing in first clearing. Talked to Breigarth. He creates a new “event” to find his four dead buddies. Rezzed four NPC’s (3 are in first clearing, 4th is up where you kill Overseer). Once last NPC runs all the way back to Breigarth, you get achievement.

With that said, VERY annoying that all achievements aren’t listed at beginning of instance, like they have been for every other story achievements thus far. This is exacerbated by the fact that the “My Friends, the Smiths” is poorly worded imho. Breigarth did not have any indicator showing that I needed to talk to him first, which would then allow me to rez the others. (At least, I don’t remember seeing one at this point.) Very frustrating.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone else who has gotten stuck.

(edited by Scottish.7148)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

This is not encouraging. I was going to work on my story quest this weekend. If it was bugged with the only posting by a moderator was a month ago, and its still broken as of 10 hours ago, does not bode well for my efforts.

Posted by: Principe I.1492

Principe I.1492

The achievements “Peer Review” from the “Prisoners of the Dragon” is still bugged after one month.
This prevents me from one month to complete Act 1 story achivment 100%
when you handle?

Posted by: Svarcanum.5028

Svarcanum.5028

It’s even more bugged now. I can’t complete the achievements and Rytlock isn’t even moving so the actual story mission can’t be completed on alts either.

Posted by: Ratzing.5084

Ratzing.5084

After a month, it’s still bugged. Please aNet, fix it already!

AzureSky.3175

Does anyone know if this is still bugged?
Didn’t find anything about it in the last few patch notes.
They probably ignored it long enough and now it doesn’t matter anymore…

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

this is still a thing. wanted to do the act 1 achievements for my backpack collection. rytlok does not move, the vine ranks remain in place. none of the npc move.
Edit:
The bug was not existant on my 3 year old warrior, just checked, a 1 week old guard character was afflicted by the bug and still remains so
edit2:
possible hot fix, i just completed the mission on my warrior, now rytlock is able to move on my guardian, maybe you have to do it with a nother char is what i am taking here, to "un bug " it, hope that helps
best regards

(edited by Silberfederling.9302)

Posted by: Antichild.2816

Antichild.2816

Tip by Scottish.7148 ACTUALLY WORKS! Thank you.

TL;DR version
1. Re-start story instance
2. Wait for Rytlock to cross bridge
3. Pick up pages and complete first achievement
4. Kill mobs in cave
5. Rez Breigarth
6. Kill mobs in first clearing
7. Grenade tendrils, complete second achievement
8. Kill Overseer
9. Run back to Breigarth in first clearing and talk to him
10. Rez 4 NPC’s (3 in first clearing, 1 up in Overseer clearing), complete third achievement

The thing was after killing the mordrem in the cave I res Beigarth and then rush up to kill the second pact of mordrem and that caused the bug. What you need to do is to TALK to BEIGARTH after you res him. He will activate the event “Beigarth’s Team Members Found 0/4”
Hope this helps.
:)