Prized Possessions: no more "1" dash. [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: OneYenShort.3189

OneYenShort.3189

Well, after today’s patch, when you get turned into that… glowing orb, you no longer have the “1” ability of jumping.
Just “2” of dashing, and “3” of jump to point.

This… (lets just say I rather dislike the mechanics chosen for this quest and what it does to your party) makes the quest very difficult.

Oh and also if you die now, you are NOT given the option for advancement.
Let’s just say I’m rather frustrated at the moment.

Posted by: OneYenShort.3189

OneYenShort.3189

If you glide in that quest, you can be stuck gliding when you are on the ground, walking at maybe 1/10th walking speed.

Only work around I’ve found so far is to activate a skill again.

Also the inital vine all that blocks you from the egg won’t always go away. Luckly, you can run up hill on the left hand side and jump over the wall to continue the quest.

Posted by: Hawken son of Z.1367

Hawken son of Z.1367

ive tried this mission three times now on my guardian, and it always ends the same.. at the end I follow Ruka down the path and at the end where he disappears my story should end and I should get my reward + progression. but… nothing happens, he disappears and i get nothing. i have to exit the map manually by either logging or going to guild hall..

really frustrating because doing story on my alts is how ive been farming the sparks, auric dust, and airship oil to finish my Astralaria. I also noticed this last time I ran this mission my first glint skill never showed up and therefore I could not use it, I could only use the sprint ahead (#2) and the long jump (#3)

Posted by: Tibicia.8315

Tibicia.8315

I’ve completed “Prized Possessions”, with two different characters. Then about three weeks ago (hard to remember exact times), I tried to do the “Deathless Escape” achievement, got frustrated, and decided to come back at a later time when I was feeling a bit more patient. …so… Today, I tried again, repeatedly. Sometime between the last time I did this mission and now, a bug has crept in.

The one recurring and repeatable issue is that every single time I play the mission, now, skill #1 never shows up. (This skill did appear a few weeks ago.) I spent a good hour or two, replaying the mission up to the cliff (where you are supposed to use #1 to jump up), trying to figure out how to trigger the #1 skill, and when it wasn’t happening, I decided to go ahead and proceed since one can substitute skill #3 (#3 is way easier, anyway). This seemed the most reasonable solution until I got to the spot where I was supposed to get the achievement for “Deathless Escape”, and the only thing that happened is the little gold badge telling me that I’m eligible suddenly disappeared.

The fist time I didn’t get the achievement, I couldn’t figure it out, and thought I had somehow messed up, so after that I was watching the eligibility badge like crazy, and making sure that beast didn’t so much as breath on me. Nope, it would appear after another successful run that indeed, when I don’t have a skill #1, even though the badge says I’m eligible, apparently, I’m not really.

There were some other frustrating glitches with the mission which forced me to reload several times (#2 skill sent me sideways into the chamber with the beast, #3 skill failed repeatedly to function…), but this bug is one I can’t get past.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Skill #1 is bugged for a number of instances and adventures.

See also:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Missing-1-Skill-From-Adventures-HoT-Story/first#post6035850

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Tibicia.8315

Tibicia.8315

Hmmm… It does seem highly suspicious that the same skill # is missing from multiple missions.

One thing I want to emphasize in this case is the inability to complete this particular achievement is not due to the missing skill. The missing skill is just the first clue something is malfunctioning. I can complete the achievement, but at the point where I should get credit, the eligibility icon disappears.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

In Prized Possessions the first skill doesn’t appear when it’s supposed to. In fact, it doesn’t appear at all. The two and three skills work on schedule, but the one skill doesn’t appear.

Posted by: Fletchfish.6159

Fletchfish.6159

I’m going through trying to get story achievements and have gotten stuck on the Prized Possessions instance. When it comes time to try and flee Faolain, for some reason I don’t get the number 1 skill that launches you up in the air. Makes it almost impossible to avoid hits in the area with the Mordrem wolves, not to mention reaching some of the Echoes of Glint. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a fix?

Attachments:

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

This is indeed a bug, and we’re trying to find a fix for it now. It’ll be added to the Known Issue Tracker with the update I’m doing this evening. Thanks for the report!

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

This is indeed a bug, and we’re trying to find a fix for it now. It’ll be added to the Known Issue Tracker with the update I’m doing this evening. Thanks for the reports!