Problem with Extractor (I think)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: barnabas j collins.2306

barnabas j collins.2306

Last night I was working with a bunch of people to get the map to breach. A few minutes before breach I was at amber and, because breach was coming soon, I used an organ extractor. Then there was a call in map chat for help at blue and I ran there. While I was at blue, the breech began and, since I needed organs from plat too, I joined the breech at blue.

At the end of the battle I did not receive an organ.

So, is this because I initially used the extractor at Amber (even though breech had not yet triggered) or was there some other problem? several people at plat said they also did not receive any organs.

If the extractors tune to the fort where you are when you pop them rather than the breech boss you first fight, this needs to be noted somewhere. I wasted quite of bit of time on a map from 0% prep all the way through breech to receive nothing.

Otherwise, there is some other problem with plat that needs to be looked at that prevented it from giving organs at completion.

Thanks

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If the extractors tune to the fort where you are when you pop them rather than the breech boss you first fight

Neither. They tune to the boss you damaged last. If you didn’t get a drop from the boss you were fighting at the moment it died, with extractor buff on, then it was not an intended result (and you are right to post it in the bug subforum). Now, if you tagged amber, went to blue, and didn’t receive part when amber died, that would be expected (and correct) behaviour.
Personally haven’t seen or heard of any case of not getting the right part yet, though, so it may be something not easy to duplicate and hard to pinpoint. On the other hand, probability of it repeating would also be extremely low.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: barnabas j collins.2306

barnabas j collins.2306

The only boss I fought was at blue so must have been a bug. I’ll keep watch and see if it happens again.