Problem zoning into Caledon Forest.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Baconwich.2905

Baconwich.2905

Having issues zoning into Caledon Forest with my level 12 Asura Mesmer: The game loads, everything looks alright for a split second, then the game screen disappears and all I see is my desktop(which I cannot interact with). The game sounds like it’s still running, and I can hear NPCs talking in the background. Need to ALT+F4 to do anything.

Other characters in different zones work fine, just seems to be limited to Caledon Forest. I’ve found one other person who seems to be having the same issue, though I am not allowed to reply to that thread as it’s two months old.

I solved the problem temporarily by moving the camera IMMEDIATELY upon the zone loading so that it faces straight down, and then using the map to switch zones, though since I was not looking up at the sky (I logged out on top of a tower) the problem didn’t seem to be affecting me, thus I believe it may have something to do with a shader or broken texture being used on the sky for that particular zone. (I had a similar problem in Rift with the starter zone, though that was solved by restarting my system)

I’ve tried re-installing my video drivers, I’ve tried re-installing DirectX, I’ve tried turning graphical settings way way down, and nothing seems to help. I just can’t go into that particular zone.

System-wise I am running:

Lenovo G580 with a 2.5Ghz processor
8GB Ram
Intel Integrated 4000 video
Windows 8

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: TheMsiha.3974

TheMsiha.3974

I am having the same problem