Putrid Mark malfunctioning.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lyana Evrilow.8102

Lyana Evrilow.8102

It’s great that we got an upgraded fact sheet on putrid mark… but it’s STILL not working right.

It does NOT transfer conditions from allies to enemies when triggered. Can you please, please let people know about this and get it fixed? It’s been like this since Aetherblade dungeon. I do have an original post with more details, if you need.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Putrid-Mark-malfunctioning/first#post2379147

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Hey Lyana,

We are aware of this issue and are currently tracking it.

Thank you for your patience!

Posted by: Lyana Evrilow.8102

Lyana Evrilow.8102

Thank you, Josh, for responding. Hopefully I’ve given enough information to get it fixed.

Posted by: Heartbeat.1894

Heartbeat.1894

That ability seems severely imbalanced, when fixed that is. Of course, not talking about PvE but WvW.

It only takes 1 spell on a 25 second cooldown (20 second cool down if bought the 20% reduction), to negate all the conditions the enemy has managed to stack through a global array of skills using more than 25 seconds of cooldown, and then, transfer it back to the enemy.

Just the full purging seems a bit OP, but having it transfer back to the enemy is just unreal.

All people needs to do is run zergs in WvW with no condition casters, wait for the enemy to cast theirs and transfer it back to them.

I can guarantee this, if that ability is fixed, I’ll definitely spam it to show how imbalanced it is. It is extremely apparent to me, I don’t know how this one escaped the balancing skill team.

P.S.: In a zerg fight where condition damage is thrown left and right, the team that will win is the one that throws the most Putrid Mark. The only counter to this ability is another Putrid Mark.

*Here is an example of a counter to that ability, Guardian has “Save Yourselves!”, now although that ability pulls all the conditions of nearby allies to him and turns them into boons, keep in mind that ability is on a 60 seconds cooldown! And yes, I know what you’ll say, you can use more than 1 Guardian. But this is where the logic faulters, 1 player for 1 player, if you are using more than 1 player to counter another player ability, and in this case, Necromancer would be able to counter up to 5 players conditions than this ability is in no way balanced. Only way I can see this ability work correctly, is if the ability has only a 20% chance to transfer conditions to an enemy player. After all, that ability removes all conditions, and I imagine up to 5 players!

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

All people needs to do is run zergs in WvW with no condition casters, wait for the enemy to cast theirs and transfer it back to them.

I can guarantee this, if that ability is fixed, I’ll definitely spam it to show how imbalanced it is.

Spoken like someone who doesn’t play a necro.

I’m really looking forward to seeing how you “spam” a 25 sec cd skill that has a 5-target aoe cap and only cleanses allies if they actually stand on the mark.

There are so many skills which are a lot more powerful. Null Field comes to mind, but I’m certainly not calling that one overpowered.

In a zerg fight where condition damage is thrown left and right…

I’m questioning if you even participate in zerg fights.
In coordinated teams aoe cleansing is so frequent that condition builds are clearly inferior to powerbuilds.
And when it comes to group support… please, just play a necro before you make such claims.

Posted by: Heartbeat.1894

Heartbeat.1894

Spoken like someone who doesn’t play a necro.

I’m really looking forward to seeing how you “spam” a 25 sec cd skill that has a 5-target aoe cap and only cleanses allies if they actually stand on the mark.

There are so many skills which are a lot more powerful. Null Field comes to mind, but I’m certainly not calling that one overpowered.

It’s sad you don’t know the ability can be reduced to a 20 second cooldown, and conditions is what allows you to bypasses toughness and heavy armor, battle 101

I’m questioning if you even participate in zerg fights.
In coordinated teams aoe cleansing is so frequent that condition builds are clearly inferior to powerbuilds.
And when it comes to group support… please, just play a necro before you make such claims.

I often cast conditions during zerg moments, organized or not and those ticking numbers stay on there for quite some time. So please, don’t start assuming stuff about me you know nothing about.

What is sadder is your post got up voted and it contains erratum’s.

P.S.: Conditions builds are not worthless; I am just afraid you are one of those people that doesn’t know how to use them. It’s sad really; you correct me, but doesn’t seem to know how the other half of the game works. Or simply, you are trying to prevent a nerf by changing the topic.

• Your arguments said I never played a necro, but I wasn’t dissing the necro, I was dismissing that ability in particular. If the necro has issues, then report them; however, as far as that ability goes, it needs to be tuned down for WvW.