*RANT* Invulnerability bug/glitch *RANT*

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I don’t appreciate fighting creature and instead of dying going invulnerable and regenerating ALL health and end up dying.

I REALLY don’t appreciate fighting a boss, namely Gangantula, and bringing it down to 5% only to watch it go invulnerable and regen all health back 100%.

I HATED AND DO NOT appreciate being surrounded under water and fighting a good fight and thinking that I am actually gonna pull it off only to see the mobs go invulnerable and regen and kill me.

THIS IS FEATURE NOT FUN ANET!!!

My question is, why do creatures behave this way?

Why do even have such feature in the first place? A feature that only bring grief to players?

With that said, enjoy your Halloween holiday because my whole belief in your vision that you are made a “fun” game had been dispelled. I was having fun being in tight situation thinking that I will survive it to only be shut down by something this ridiculous.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: irksomesloth.3764

irksomesloth.3764

it’s a glitch in the system that keeps you from exploiting mob movepaths. normally if youll try to snipe a creature from a spot they can’t reach youll get the immune effect and the health regen. for some people it gets set off incorrectly (i had it happen with several mobs including Vassar in the ascalonian catacombs). this is a bug and it needs to be addressed.

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Since the dev team seems in dire need of external help, here’s an idea: Make “invulnerable” mobs freeze in place for 5 seconds before it actually resets, as a warning, so the attacking player has sufficient time to realize it and reposition himself to make the mob attackable again.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

Posted by: Lori.6571

Lori.6571

For underwater combat that simply isn’t possible. I’ve been sitting essentially inside the gaping jaws of a shark only to have it suddenly go invulnerable. This regularly happens when you’re nowhere near the surface or the seafloor, when there isn’t even an obstruction within 1200 radius, and when you’re being hyper-careful not to retreat/move from the point where you engaged the mob so you don’t accidentally leash it. This isn’t the end of the world in low level areas, but in the higher zones where you also have very high mob densities it’s a major issue.

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

It’s been many months with it like this. Never was fixed from beta.

I predict it’ll either be a long time until fixed. Or they’ll just not address it and it’ll become an “accepted” bug. Lot of games have leashing and reset bugs, and the game fixes them to a point and basically tells the players how not to trigger it from the “fixed” point…. (if that makes sense).

It’s disappointing. I’ve not farmed Orichalcum in days just because I’m tired of the Russian Roulette suicide from Invulnerable mobs when I go to clear an area. Just isn’t fun to die when you played 100% correctly.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

This BUGS me too ;D
I hope they fix it : p.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

The main problem with the creatures in the water is it seems that as you get most of their HP down they try to run off. This is when they enter a part of the terrain that the game thinks it should make them invincible. It’s dang annoying! Please remove the code for ALL sea creatures that makes them try to flee.

Also, why the heck can’t we contiue to fight while we are on the surface of the water? We can get attacked while there but not fight back!? This is especially a pain when monsters “push” us to the surface and continue to pound away at us, it’s cheap. I swear they really have some mecahanics in this game that let mobs “cheat” over us.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

The no combat at/on the surface of water is simply a bad design choice of water combat, because of the downed/defeated mechanic. The devs didn’t want us to be able to be “safe” at the surface of water and be able to fight (since the surface revives us slowly).

The limit should be removed, as the self revive at the surface is not anything great, our underwater downed skills are not great either, and mobs already have the ability to move us around with pulls/sinks. Basically, it could let us fight without causing an imbalance.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

Sir Vincent, thank you very much for your feedback. However, this is not a bug description and therefore we will proceed to close the thread.

Thank you very much for your understanding.