RTL target bug

RTL target bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Please, please fix RTL just picking its “own” targets randomly despite of what I actually have clicked. I don’t want to RTL back to that monster BEHIND me (which I haven’t had targetted ever), nor sideways when I’ve actually selected a team mate and just intend to RTL forwards without any diversion.
At the moment it’s like, if there are any monsters (that you of course haven’t selected) nearby/behind you, roll a dice to guess how RTL will turn out.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

(edited by Antiriad.7160)

RTL target bug

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I`ve had the same problem, also randomly going another direction even if there`re no mobs where I`ve been sent.
This is a pain in the kitten indeed.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

RTL target bug

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

The worst/funniest is that it targets monsters that aren’t even in your field of view. Oo

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

RTL target bug

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

disable autotargetting if you want to use charge/jump/teleport skills for moving around and not to enemies, simple as that, and get used to manually select enemies you want to fight (which can be hard in crowds, but then you have “tab” for that).

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

(edited by zbrkesbr.4173)

RTL target bug

Fishbait.6723

It`s not due to auto targeting on my end, not used that since BWEs.
I do select my taergets yet it`ll send me to another random one/place at times.
Only been like this last couple of days.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524

RTL target bug

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

It`s not due to auto targeting on my end, not used that since BWEs.
I do select my taergets yet it`ll send me to another random one/place at times.
Only been like this last couple of days.

maybe you turned on simplified casting for ground targetted skills (applies to skills where you choose direction too) and didnt pay attention to your mouse position during skill activation? Or your character faced other direction that the one you intended him to move.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

RTL target bug

Fishbait.6723

Nah, I don`t use fast casting either, prefer the double key tap (D/D so less need for it).
Had wondered first time or two if I`d been about faced, but I generally run head on into the mob/mobs so it`s not that.

RTL target bug

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

This is just what happened with auto target on.
There are two mobs in front of me. A Minotaur right in front of me at 12 o’clock but at around 1500m, does not aggro at all. A rock dog at 2 o’clock but at around 600m. I have no target and start mining. Then the rock dog noticed me and started attacking me in melee range. My auto target is targeting at that Minotaur who is not even in combat.

Tab targeting is more or less doing the same stupid targeting, often it will skip the target right in front of you and target at an irrelevant mob far away.

Now you can see how the targeting system in this game sucks. It does not consider mob state in combat or not. And frequently I find it has higher priority for static objects rather than mobs hitting on you that have to kill first.

RTL target bug

Fishbait.6723

This is getting worse.
Headed into the ship in Orr (one with chest in the lower deck).
I was on deck with few others, targeted mob down first slope, walked towards, cast a signet, then RTL.

It sent me further back onto the deck where nothing was even close :$