Random Black Screen

Random Black Screen

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: The Psycho Side.5829

The Psycho Side.5829

hello
lately i have a very annoying problem..i cant play the game due to random black screen while i still see the cursor it happens after i play for about 10-15 min
please someone help me to fix this !!

Random Black Screen

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Yes, I’m having this issue too. Please fix!

Random Black Screen

The Psycho Side.5829

i think theres no fix for this problem.

Random Black Screen

Posted by: Obfuscate.6430

Obfuscate.6430

This has been happening to me also – it occurred soon after the big patch. I’ve uninstalled GemFX, I don’t use any other third party program with Guild Wars 2. I cleaned my computer components, I took out my video card and put it back in. I rolled back the driver, did a clean install of the driver – non of these things work.
I use Windows 7, and my card is a GTX 760. It was working fine, I even did a few hours of WvW after the patch dropped. It’s when I switched maps the problems started. Kernal issues.

For now I’ve decided to just go ahead and buy a new card.

Random Black Screen

The Psycho Side.5829

i think that i wont play more ! this game is dead to me nobody try to help even..

Random Black Screen

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

i think that i wont play more ! this game is dead to me nobody try to help even..

Have you contacted the Tech CS Team for assistance via the ‘Support’ link above/below?

Random Black Screen

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

You guys need to learn to post your system specs if you are expecting advice. It’s hard doing a remote analysis as it is, but not knowing the system specs makes it nearly an impossible task.

I use Windows 7, and my card is a GTX 760.

So do I, and no issues here.

Have you blown out the dust flakes from in between the cards cooling fins when you were cleaning the hardware?

For now I’ve decided to just go ahead and buy a new card.

You could run hardware tests, and for your graphics card in particular 3D stress tests, to see if there are any issues before you go waste money on new components without knowing if there is an issue with those parts.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Random Black Screen

Posted by: Obfuscate.6430

Obfuscate.6430

There actually wasn’t much dust on the card. The card was running extremely hot however. Whatever ideas are left, you may want to direct them at the OP since I’ve replaced my card.

I did check the Nvidia forums, and black screen was an issue before. Some suggest uninstalling the drivers, then doing a clean manual install – making sure not to install their physics engine or 3d viewer software. Though some say that didn’t help them either.

I now have a GTX 1060 3gb. There’s been no crashes and no over heating.