Random "obstructed" projectiles

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Criusis.8752

Criusis.8752

When I’m using rifle sometimes it shows obstructed even when there’s nothing between the target and me. This happens mostly on gold/purple boss mobs like AC dungeon final bosses, CoF dungeon path 1 first boss slave driver etc. It also happens sometimes in PVP and WvW.
To my knowledge it doesn’t happen on trash/bronze/silver mobs.
Here are 2 screenshot from a 5 min WvW recording and it happened twice in that short period. Sorry I don’t have a screenshot of that on PVE.

Attachments:

The Tiny Master of Evil——-Apate Veigar

Criusis.8752

In these 2 screenshots there’s obviously not a terrain that blocking projectile. Even if there’s an enemy between target and me it should go through according to my rifle pierce trait.

If this is a bug please fix it. If it’s just a block/evade please change the description. Thanks very much.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

As a rifle Warrior I do see the “obstructed” sign quite often in WvW. Annoyingly so….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

i have both a lvl 80 P/P SB thief and Rifle / LB warrior. both the pistols and rifles get random obstruction when in open ground in wvw and very rarely on bosses in pve.

how ever when using my bows on both chars, never do i see this in open flat ground with nothing to cause this.

most likely because arrows arch they dont hit some invisible unfinished partial walls, and because bullets do not arc they just hit it, this is all i can think that causes this.

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

This is quite annoying. Especially since they made the change to mesmers that if it doesn’t deal damage, it doesn’t spawn a phantasm/clone. I’ve lost countless izerkers and other phantoms because the skill gets randomly “obstructed”.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Criusis.8752

Here are some more PVE obstructed bug screenshots

Attachments:

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

As a ranger using a shortbow, I can confirm this happens too often.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I think this can happen with any projectile, regardless of class or weapon. From observation, I’m guessing this has to do with the engine having issues with terrain seams/angles that wouldn’t be visibly obvious to us, but sometimes get in the way when a projectile’s trajectory is calculated. The engine “sees” a terrain angle/seam between you and the target and fails the shot. Other factors are apparently in play, if this is even close to the case, as I’ve stood stock still firing at an enemy ranged attacker and have only one or two shots obstructed rather than all or none. And, of course, this also happens on absolutely flat terrain with nothing but air between my rifle barrel and the enemy’s face.

This plus erroneous Out of Range issues (for which I don’t even have a guess as to cause) means ranged attackers are just the lucky beneficiaries of a ninja DPS nerf. Yay.

Criusis.8752

I think this can happen with any projectile, regardless of class or weapon. From observation, I’m guessing this has to do with the engine having issues with terrain seams/angles that wouldn’t be visibly obvious to us, but sometimes get in the way when a projectile’s trajectory is calculated. The engine “sees” a terrain angle/seam between you and the target and fails the shot. Other factors are apparently in play, if this is even close to the case, as I’ve stood stock still firing at an enemy ranged attacker and have only one or two shots obstructed rather than all or none. And, of course, this also happens on absolutely flat terrain with nothing but air between my rifle barrel and the enemy’s face.

This plus erroneous Out of Range issues (for which I don’t even have a guess as to cause) means ranged attackers are just the lucky beneficiaries of a ninja DPS nerf. Yay.

That’s really sad…

Posted by: Hyxorcisten.5786

Hyxorcisten.5786

Hyxorcisten – Denial eSports [Den]