Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

So we still have what… 40 something bugs that still need to be fixed? Who wants to bet we hit triple digits when we get the druid spec since we will have little to no time to test it?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Crocuta.1785

Crocuta.1785

Hunter’s shot problems with the stealth sometimes i dont’ say why ,i get out before the 3 sec , no barrage used.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I’m annoyed by the trap changes to Healing Spring.

If you’re moving, it procs too slowly and ends up possibly not getting activated until you back up.

Also, its usefulness as a party heal is limited, since you can’t activate it yourself if you’re at full HP.

Then there’s the fact that ranged attacks against most structures are obstructed (because the hitboxes are below the ground, probably)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Puck.9612

Hunter’s shot problems with the stealth sometimes i dont’ say why ,i get out before the 3 sec , no barrage used.

Proc sigils like air and fire are causing you to be revealed. http://youtu.be/JgD_4_OI1gU

This was fixed in the past but it looks like it was broken again. Please address this soon, it gets costly replacing air sigils every time you all feel like reusing old broken code.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Taverius.8645

Taverius.8645

Hey guys.

I won’t have a lot of time this week, so if you any kind souls could go through the stuff that’s supposedly fixed, hopefully we can scratch a few things off.

Given the ambidex bonus is still broken, I won’t remove anything from the list without independent confirmation.

Boons from Clarion Bond and Vigorous Training apply before the pet is swapped out which leaves the new pet not receiving any of the boons, even with Fortifying Bond.

Thanks Woundrouswall, added.

I’m gonna write this in caps now, because the trait has been touched several times already without fixing this: AMBIDEXTERITY STILL RESETS WHEN CHANGING ZONES ETC.

As you can see I didn’t remove it from the list.

Update 8/25/2015 – Healing Spring: This skill now also heals your pet when it is initially activated. Activating or unslotting Healing Spring will destroy all previously existing, untriggered Healing Springs.

Healing Spring does not go off when the pet is damaged. You must be damaged first, and then it will heal the pet . . . very poorly. Tested this at length on a solo run against Archmage.

Still very much bugged.

Healing spring has 3 bugs, of which they’ve supposedly fixed 1:

• Healing Spring does not heal allies/pets.
  • Healing Spring can be placed up to 4 times.
  • Healing Spring does not activate when used at full health and losing health while inside the trigger area. Player must exit then re-enter the trap area to activate.

If you could confirm that the flat heal is in fact applied to the pet and any npc/player allies, that would be great.

The regen always worked, but nobody gives a toss about that.

Rock Paper Signet – Gunnar’s Hold EU
Gather ALL the things! \o/
Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

U can still not clean condis when at full health with Healing Spring…. often leading to looong Cripples or Tangled wich can be a direct death sentence in SW…. Plz fix. This is the only heal skill that cleanses conditions.

Thanks for fixing the pet-healing and the multiple spring ability though!

Kima & Co

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

Went through the ‘fixed’ stuff from the patch.

Everything seems to be fixed’ as stated.

Do note Healing Spring will still not heal allies, even though it will trigger on allies being low health.

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Puck.9612

Can you add sigil of air/fire causing revealed when they proc on Hunter’s Shot?

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

Not a ranger bug

Mostly a thief complaint, but any leap through a smoke field that’s an attack (warrior sword #2, swoop, jump shot, etc) can be affected.

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Puck.9612

Not a ranger bug

Mostly a thief complaint, but any leap through a smoke field that’s an attack (warrior sword #2, swoop, jump shot, etc) can be affected.

Nope. Doesn’t affect heartseeker through a smoke field, even when the on crit sigil procs, doesn’t affect cloak and dagger either. This is only causing revealed on Hunter’s shot. Definitely a ranger bug.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Ighanis.8265

Ighanis.8265

Well I guess I am glad that the finally fixed the issue with swoop having two leaps, though after 3 years of it being broken I am not sure if I would really call it a bug they fixed but rather a functionality change. And I wish they would have prioritized some of the more “damaging” bugs over stopping rangers from having 2 leaps.

But if we want to fix things like this, even though most people tend to forget about water combat, Dart suffers from the same double leap issue. Since Spear really is just an under water Greatsword.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

/15 characters
bump

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

Not a ranger bug

Nope. Doesn’t affect heartseeker through a smoke field, even when the on crit sigil procs, doesn’t affect cloak and dagger either. This is only causing revealed on Hunter’s shot. Definitely a ranger bug.

It totally can – both of them depend on server-side lag.

The Stealth is applies after the attack, and if the server is lagging the sigil proc will occur after that.

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Just tested it. The flat heal definitely works on the pet. That was amazing. It’s a burst on the pet, but the circle stays in its ‘neutral’ state if you’re not damaged. But it does heal the pet regardless.

Not 100% sure about players.

Edit: It definitely does not burst heal players. Tested this repeatedly in PvP, and the only heal they got was the regeneration.

I stacked healing, and I can definitely see the burst on my pet. Other players got nothing at all, even when they were stacked in healing as well. I, however, did get the healing burst. Other players had no visible effect other than regeneration.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

It activates on players with low health but the flat heal doesn’t apply to them.

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

On page 3 bumping for visibility so dev’s can see.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Frostfang.5109

Whatabout taking away the Condi-cleanse on HS as it is annoyingly complicated to activate it when u really need it and instead move the condi cleanse ability to any of the other healing skills (making it possible to trigger when u need it – instantly). THat would solve a lot! I’d swap on an instant!

Now u might have to run back and forth, and make sure to take some dmg to cleanse a condition wich u cant because u’re tangled – while a bunch of Teragriffs are killing u! …just to mention one example

Kima & Co

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: apocalypso.4895

apocalypso.4895

Whatabout taking away the Condi-cleanse on HS as it is annoyingly complicated to activate it when u really need it and instead move the condi cleanse ability to any of the other healing skills (making it possible to trigger when u need it – instantly). THat would solve a lot! I’d swap on an instant!

No. All our healing skills but HS have too high cast time, that wouldn’t help at all and would kill HS.
But if you really want, you can already do that with Wilderness Knowledge/TU.

Ranger

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Pink Ninja Man.4375

Not sure if this is only ranger specific but when I’m using traps sometimes when a trap goes off it causes my game sound to stop working. Normally I would just play without sound however, when this bug occurs my frame rate starts to slowly drop and after a min or two the game is unplayable. It’s fairly rare and if I knew how to recreate it I would give that information but I haven’t been successful yet.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Similar.7695

Similar.7695

Not sure if this is only ranger specific but when I’m using traps sometimes when a trap goes off it causes my game sound to stop working. Normally I would just play without sound however, when this bug occurs my frame rate starts to slowly drop and after a min or two the game is unplayable. It’s fairly rare and if I knew how to recreate it I would give that information but I haven’t been successful yet.

Anyone else experiencing this?

That’s actually a bug I get relatively often lately, but with different classes. I’ve never been able to spot a pattern, so I suspect it’s not triggered by player actions as such (sometimes all I do is move, for example). Although I don’t use traps very often with ranger, so I suppose I could test that.

For me, the frequency of the bug seems to depend on updates to the game. Sometimes I don’t see it for months and other times, like now, it happens 2-3 times a week.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Captaine Fox.8632

Captaine Fox.8632

Ranger longbow 3 (Hunter’s Shot) has stow bug again (was fixed ~ 2 month ago, now broken again). It goes on full cooldown instead of 4seconds when stowed, or used when not facing enemy while moving.

Kol Summer

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Bumping

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Edit: Lingering Magic extends boon duration on newly selected pets by 100% instead of 50%.

Kids, don’t use skritt tonics.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

[…]

Lingering Magic works fine. The base duration (without Nature Magic equiped) is 15 seconds. +50% from Lingering Magic and it becomes 22 seconds. Sometimes it’s more, but meh it only affects like 3 pets. If anything, it’s a small benefit and nothing to complain about.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Wondrouswall.7169

Haha! I botched that whole thing thinking the entire time 30s was supposed to be the norm when traited. x)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

Lingering Magic extends boon duration on newly selected pets by 100% instead of 50%.

What do you mean by ‘newly selected’?

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Holland.9351

Lingering Magic extends boon duration on newly selected pets by 100% instead of 50%.

It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Wondrouswall.7169

It’s when you use a pet selected from the pet management menu. Like, if you were to have a Lynx active then open up the menu and select a Jungle Stalker, the F2 boon duration with Lingering Magic would be 100% amplified instead of 50%.

This goes away when the pet goes down, the player goes down, the pet is interrupted, stowed then activated, or swapped out of and back to. Minor bug, but still a bug.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Holland.9351

Yeah it’s nothing negative. Let’s first see these other bugs fixed before worrying about bugs that could potentially have some benefit at times. See the speed at which they fixed Swoop double Leap Finisher and left most other issues untouched.

So let’s not bother with listing it. It’s far from game breaking and they should spend their time on fixing the negative bugs first.

In fact, the Swoop double Leap Finisher might not even have been a bug, but it was listed as one and they agreed. But now you don’t get a Leap FInisher if you use Swoop while standing in a Combo Field, eventhough it’s listed as a Combo Finisher and you make combos by using a skill while standing inside a Combo Field. So technially you could list Swoop as being bugged again for not acting like a Leap Finisher.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

Its a leap finisher if you leap inside a field /shrug.

I won’t play favourites, its going on the list tomorrow

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Pink Ninja Man.4375

The swoop attack is a 2 part ability. The first part you just run (not a leap), the second part is a leap and that part has to be in the combo field to trigger the combo. It makes this ability a bit harder to use as a leap finisher but I think it is working as intended.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Wondrouswall.7169

Not sure if this qualifies since it’s visual and not a gameplay issue. The Lynx has this weird animation fold when it does one of its idle animations. Other felines kind of have the same thing but to a lesser extent since the body types used for the Jungle Stalker, Jaguar, and Snow Leopard are slimmer.

Attachments:

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

Yeah well if we get into the pet models – why does the Wolf have no eyes?

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

There’s +1 bug with healing spring.

• Healing Spring:
    The trap is placed at a location where the cast time began, not where it ended.
“Observe, learn and counter.”

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

Does it happen with any of the other traps?

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Wondrouswall.7169

Can confirm that all other traps except Healing Spring are placed at your position when the cast time ends. Inconsistencies be kittened.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

I see, thanks

Added to list.

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

Bumping.
/15 char

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

Not sure whether it is a bug or not. The fourth attribute on Privateer rune is a shout on hit. For my ranger traited with Resound Timbre, the shout doesn’t proc swiftness and regeneration.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Agilitas.2537

Agilitas.2537

Pretty sure some one allrdy said these but here are few what i can encountered so far with my hunter :

1# sometimes when im shooting with LB in the maximum range (1200) then the auto attack sometimes DONT AUTO ATTACK as it is suppose to do like with my warrior longbow it does that.

2# Second skill with LB (cant remember the name) then sometimes enemys dont take any dmg from it even if i have targetted them and then used the skill but no dmg.

3# sometimes my hunter stops moving even if i dont have any immobilize effect on me or stun.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Frostfang.5109

Since 29/9 Patch.

• Pets cannot use their F2 anymore.

And @ Agilitias… I have that 3# bug too with the movement. And from what I’ve heard that happens to other classes too.

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: sleight.9638

sleight.9638

The F2 skill does not activate but also doesn’t go on cooldown, allowing to spam the effect of “Go for the Eyes” upon pressing F2, ultimately allowing for perma AoE Blind.
This needs a hotfix, it’s breaking all competitive gamemodes right now.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

The F2 skill does not activate but also doesn’t go on cooldown, allowing to spam the effect of “Go for the Eyes” upon pressing F2, ultimately allowing for perma AoE Blind.
This needs a hotfix, it’s breaking all competitive gamemodes right now.

Hmm… an interesting trade off…

No more functioning pet F2 skills…

BUT… (and this is a HUGE BUTT)

If I’m understanding you correctly – if you take the Beastmastery Specialization and trait “Go For the Eyes”, you can perma-blind anything and anyone! Then just pew pew them into the next life, rinse and repeat.

I’m not a big fan of the “Bear-Bow”, but dang… the bears will last quite a while if the victims happen to get off 1 or 2 attacks before dying in a 1 v 10 fight.

Imagine a trapper ranger with this setup! xD

Moonlight [THRU]

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Ndy Hikaru.3612

Ndy Hikaru.3612

expertise training trait didnt change your Condi damage pet in pet tool tip in f2 skill or skill.. and i dont know it change your real pet’s condi damage as well…

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Wondrouswall.7169

New bugs

• Frost Spirit & Storm Spirit boons with Nature’s Vengeance does not scale with the player’s boon duration like other Spirits.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Kondra.3860

Kondra.3860

F2 pet skill still bugged. Have to press F2 twice to activate pet skill. First triggers the taunt, the second activates the pet skill.

(edited by Kondra.3860)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: brometheus.6928

brometheus.6928

Recent bug! My pet cannot be activated in PvP zones! No matter how many times I click “Activate Pet” it doesn’t work. It works fine in Pve/WvW, but in the PvP lobby I simply cannot summon my pets. It’s immensely irritating -.-

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Agilitas.2537

Agilitas.2537

aye more bugs… i wish anet would just have fixed these ones and buffin Rangers base dmg rather than adding something big like druid …

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: waimser.7298

waimser.7298

I do not have any pets in pvp lobby or spvp. No pet window opens, cannot activate pet at all, no commands, nothing.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

Boon duration still doesn’t affect Nature’s Vengeance Might (Frost Spirit) and Swiftness (Storm Spirit) durations. It does only seem to work for Water, Sun and Stone Spirit as well as for Spirit of Nature.