Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: nachopardon.7620

nachopardon.7620

Now that ranger pets have base Condition Damage stats, I started looking at which pets have the potential to do decent condi damage, and I realized that the conditions shown in the ranger pet skill tooltips (F2 and the Pet Management menu) are way off from the actual values. I did some tests in HotM and found the following:

- Conditions shown in the tooltips seem to be calculated using an extra 800 Condition Damage over the pet’s base Condition Damage (1800 for a pet with base 1000, 1200 for a pet with base 400, etc.)

- The additional Condition Damage and Condition Duration from Expertise Training do not affect the tooltip (but DO affect the actual damage done).

- Bonuses from the Hidden Barbs (20%) and Poison Master (25%) traits DO affect the tooltip but DO NOT affect the actual damage done.

- These all happen regardless of which amulet/runes I equip, so it doesn’t seem to be related to my Condition Damage stat.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Spirit of Nature still unusable with passive 240 radius

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Taverius.8645

Taverius.8645

K lads & lasses, found some spare time so I’ve updated for the week’s fixes.

Seems to be going at a decent clip now that Irenio has some free time to spend on the base classes.

Hopefully its going just as well for our engineer brethren.

Boon duration still doesn’t affect Nature’s Vengeance Might (Frost Spirit) and Swiftness (Storm Spirit) durations. It does only seem to work for Water, Sun and Stone Spirit as well as for Spirit of Nature.

Added, thanks!

Rock Paper Signet – Gunnar’s Hold EU
Gather ALL the things! \o/
Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: brometheus.6928

brometheus.6928

Still no fix for the petless bug in HoTM! Thanks Anet!

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: batudivrik.7564

batudivrik.7564

Anybody get an answer for the pet bug in pvp?
its 1 week now without a pet and its annoying when the pvp weekend is going on

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: sprhavkdogi.9408

sprhavkdogi.9408

Try going underwater in PvE and setting pets there that aren’t the new pets

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: batudivrik.7564

batudivrik.7564

Try going underwater in PvE and setting pets there that aren’t the new pets

i do that but nothing changed

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Shivra.2709

Shivra.2709

Is there any update on when the pet bug in PVP will be fixed? Go underwater does nothing.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Samuca.1536

Samuca.1536

anet f#%king the ranger and do nothing, NOTHING, no response…its unbelievabe

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Jinbe.6405

Jinbe.6405

Did they solve the Scaled Drake bug? it’s a very bad bug persistent from the start of GW2

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: koded.3901

koded.3901

my pet dosent work on pvp, just in pve or wvw, can i get help ?

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Reelix.6319

Reelix.6319

Ranger Double-Skill-Use Bug List

• Healing Spring cancelled by Quick Shot often shoots you back twice as far
  • Healing Spring cancelled by Swoop causes you to run on the spot, use Healing Spring , then do a full Swoop
  • Healing Spring cancelled by Lightning Reflexes causes you to roll on the spot, use Healing Spring, then use Lightning Reflexes anyways
  • Troll Unguent cancelled by Swoop causes you to run on the spot and use Troll Unguent anyways
  • Muddy Terrain cancelled by Swoop causes you to run on the spot and use Muddy Terrain anyways
  • Muddy Terrain cancelled by Hornet Sting uses the Muddy Terrain, and rolls you on the spot
  • Muddy Terrain cancelled by Quick Shot has double Quick Shot audio
  • Spike/Flame/Poison/Frost Trap cancelled by Quick Shot doesn’t move you at all
  • Spike/Flame/Poison/Frost Trap cancelled by Lightning Reflexes doesn’t move you at all
  • Spike/Flame/Poison/Frost Trap cancelled by Swoop causes you to run on the spot, lay the trap anyways, then proceed to use Swoop as per usual
  • Spike/Flame/Poison/Frost Trap cancelled by Hornet Sting rolls you on the spot, uses the Trap anyways, then uses Hornet Sting
  • Sun/Stone/Frost/Storm cancelled by Quick Shot has double Quick Shot audio (Use Quick Shot at 25% cast)
  • Sun/Stone/Frost/Storm Spirit cancelled by Swoop causes you to run on the spot, then cast the Spirit anyways
  • A Dodge-Roll Hornet Sting can paralyze you until another movement skill is used (Extremely rare)

Note that in many cases where a healing skill is cancelled, having 6/6 Balthazar Runes will alter the effect.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

koded.3901

my pet still bug

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Illustrious Fox.7196

Illustrious Fox.7196

my pet still bug

- Enter any PvP match with your ranger as a spectator
- Spectate another ranger that has access to their pet
- Press “K” to open up pet management and select your two pets

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

1. pet condis cancel each other out instead of stacking. i.e. hawk and cat bleeds. this can be verified by enabling simple condi UI floaters.

2. when respawning after a death in conquest, we are still in combat.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: epoc.7941

epoc.7941

This has actually been a problem for a loooooooong time.
I am aware that each profession has It’s own mechanic and the Rangers pet
Serves as that mechanic. However in downstate every class is limited to the
Downstate skill bar. Some are better than others. Rangers’ in particular in my opinion of you or a buddy can stall out enough you can fully res. That’s fine. The problem, glitch,
Whatever you want to call it is, Rangers still have access to their unique profession mechanic where every single other class does not.

What do I mean?

Example. If thieves could steal for an additional teleport in downstate
If necro could death shroud
If guard could pop invuln

Basically the f skills

Rangers can currently swap pets and use their pets effects while in downstate. Making it so that they can stun you have their wolf fear you and then use their pet to help res them which can provide significant amount of stall on a point in pvp to keep you from capping or provide time for a teammate to come help.

It’s irritating. I’ve asked around agree and everyone agrees that it’s actually not supposed to function in downstate yet no one has made a complaint about t and it is abused I’m pvp all the time.

Please fix this.

Ps I’ve also made a separate thread on this completely if you only want to discuss this

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

koded.3901

ty, problem solved

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Ltomato.8649

Ltomato.8649

If your pet is hidden when you enter combat, it will not proc Opening Strike when it pops out. Moreover, there is a long delay before Opening Strike’s buff is applied to the pet when you manually unhide it.

That means in most cases when running around and the pet is hidden, ranger pets lose out on the 5 vuln and autocrit.

This also means if you have the pet hidden to proc clarion bond at the start of a fight, you lose the opening strike proc. Anti synergy in the same trait line. :c

(edited by Ltomato.8649)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Bug I haven’t seen in a long time. My pet died from falling damage in WvW.

Did they ever manage to cure this bug?

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: AgitatedFox.5287

AgitatedFox.5287

Can we officially add the bug where, when we enter PvP, our pets are gone? The only fix atm is to spectate another Ranger who has his pets and then press K and select your pets from there.

It’s so irritating and is pretty important when you consider that pets are our class mechanic >_>

Ranger Danger!

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Precision does not grant pets critical chance at the same rate as players.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Vallen Frostweaver.3701

Vallen Frostweaver.3701

Pets will not attack certain summoned structures in Frostgorge Sound during the “Defeat the Claw of Jormag” event. Namely, the Corrupted Ice Shield and Dragon Crystal. I have not yet tested on other structures yet.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: salogel.1869

salogel.1869

Flame trap causing 2 stacks of burn on the first tick appears to have been stealth fixed (nerfed … sadface) – although it still has 2 instances of direct damage on the first tick.

Some other random bugs:

• Enemy spike traps appear as friendly aoe circles when triggered
  • Placing a trap with a full set of trapper runes will very occasionally not grant the superspeed and stealth (not sure if only a ranger issue or a trapper rune issue)
  • Stalker’s strike (dagger #4) sometimes causes you to get stuck – seems to be a strange interaction with dodge-rolling – also can happen with sword abilities with evades (#2 and #3)
  • Crippling talon (dagger #5) only has 900 range – tooltip states 1200 range
  • Lick wounds occasionally does not revive pet and therefore does nothing
  • Pets sometimes have difficulty attacking structures – seemingly random
  • Being interrupted when using a skill while having the quick draw buff puts the skill on the quick draw recharge rather than the usual 5s interrupt recharge
Wyrdern – druid | Fengar Frostrazor – teef | Ayrwen – berserker

“There is no sand in the desert borderland”

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Susanoo.2586

Susanoo.2586

Using Gs #3 Skill Swoop while Immobilized will lock your character in the Falling animation, unable to do anything for the duration of the immobilize.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Stalker’s Strike did not get the baseline range increase when Throw Torch, Bonfire, WD, PoS and Crippling talon did.

With Offhand Training, it used to be 550 range and it was a great skill.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

Ranger Double-Skill-Use Bug List

I got your PM about this, I’ve just haven’t found the time to make a new section for these – I’ll do this now.

Thanks for finding these by the way, I’m sure it didn’t take a small amount of time.

I still don’t really have the time to make it all pretty, and I’ve waited long enough, so I’ve just added them at the end for now.

1. pet condis cancel each other out instead of stacking. i.e. hawk and cat bleeds. this can be verified by enabling simple condi UI floaters.

2. when respawning after a death in conquest, we are still in combat.

1. This is actually not true – what happens is that conditions from pets that have been swapped out do no damage. This is (almost certainly) related to regen applied by swapped pets only healing for 5hp/s.

2. This is a side-effect of the pet reappearing at the death location before teleporting to base.

In any case, I’ve added and modified as necessary.

Bug I haven’t seen in a long time. My pet died from falling damage in WvW.

Did they ever manage to cure this bug?

AGAIN? Ok, added.

Flame trap causing 2 stacks of burn on the first tick appears to have been stealth fixed (nerfed … sadface) – although it still has 2 instances of direct damage on the first tick.

Some other random bugs:

• Enemy spike traps appear as friendly aoe circles when triggered
  • Crippling talon (dagger #5) only has 900 range – tooltip states 1200 range
  • Being interrupted when using a skill while having the quick draw buff puts the skill on the quick draw recharge rather than the usual 5s interrupt recharge

Thanks, added/modified as appropriate.

• Placing a trap with a full set of trapper runes will very occasionally not grant the superspeed and stealth (not sure if only a ranger issue or a trapper rune issue)

Are we sure its not ICD-related?

I don’t have much experience with runes of the trapper – given they’re being added to sPvP in HoT, any further research you can do here is greatly appreciated.

• Pets sometimes have difficulty attacking structures – seemingly random

Appears to me to be pet-based. For example, the Shark will never attack UW structures.

I need a list of pets affected though – I realize this is a considerable time investment.

It should never revive the pet if its dead, at least in sPvP.

• Stalker’s strike (dagger #4) sometimes causes you to get stuck – seems to be a strange interaction with dodge-rolling – also can happen with sword abilities with evades (#2 and #3)

Reelix reported the sword 3 one. Seems to be a generic bug related to evade abilities, but I’ll add it in.

Using Gs #3 Skill Swoop while Immobilized will lock your character in the Falling animation, unable to do anything for the duration of the immobilize.

Yeah, it puts you in the same state you get to when immob’d in mid-air.

Stalker’s Strike did not get the baseline range increase when Throw Torch, Bonfire, WD, PoS and Crippling talon did.

With Offhand Training, it used to be 550 range and it was a great skill.

That’s been in the list ever since the old OHT ranges got baselined.

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

• Crippling talon (dagger #5) only has 900 range – tooltip states 1200 range.

This one is false, as I have tested the range on it in both PVP and PVE modes and was able to land a hit at max range. Screenshot below with shortbow screenshots as references to 900 range.

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Pets sometimes have difficulty attacking structures – seemingly random

Appears to me to be pet-based. For example, the Shark will never attack UW structures.

I need a list of pets affected though – I realize this is a considerable time investment.

You can sometimes work around this by going melee and attack said object from melee yourself. It’s a bug nonetheless.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

salogel.1869

Are we sure its not ICD-related?

I don’t have much experience with runes of the trapper – given they’re being added to sPvP in HoT, any further research you can do here is greatly appreciated.

As far as I know there is no ICD on trapper runes (you can stack stealth by rotating through all your traps). Going to have to do more testing on this as it is very rare and therefore hard to reproduce.

I was just basing this on the tool tip which states: “Revive you pet at your location to revive you.” (quoted from the hero panel skill list). I don’t know what the intended behavior of this is so is the tool tip possibly incorrect – although I was sure it revived my pet in wvw/pve at least.

This one is false, as I have tested the range on it in both PVP and PVE modes and was able to land a hit at max range. Screenshot below with shortbow screenshots as references to 900 range.

Did some further testing comparing to ground targeted abilities … seems to be alot of variability in the range of projectile based attacks which made it harder to judge range. Shortbow and axe auto attack projectiles can hit at about 1200 range even though it says 900 range. the range of torch throw is even further … about 1500 range (same as lb#5) when it should be 1200. Crippling talon appears to have exactly 1200 range – same as the axe auto attack which confused me. Therefore I cant actually say for sure if this is the intentional range as some other projectile attacks also have the same range as stated.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

salogel.1869

Managed to reproduce the trapper rune bug – dodge rolling during the arming phase of the trap (as soon as the activation bar is finished so you don’t interrupt it but before the stealth and super-speed is granted) prevents you from gaining the stealth and super-speed. Not sure yet if this is the only way for this to occur.

Also remembered another bug – Troll Unguent does not appear to scale down correctly with levels. The lower the level you are scaled down to the larger the heal relative to your total hp. Being scaled down to level 4 by standing in the stating area for new characters after finishing the tutorial it heals for 93 hp per tick (tool-tip states 90 per tick) for a total heal of 930. in mostly dire gear i have 723 max hp in the same zone. Comparing this to WHAO which in the same situation heals about 140 hp.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

AgitatedFox.5287

Use of WHaO doesn’t work with Sharks frenzy ability. Cannot gain the quickness from it.

Ranger Danger!

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Did some further testing comparing to ground targeted abilities … seems to be alot of variability in the range of projectile based attacks which made it harder to judge range. Shortbow and axe auto attack projectiles can hit at about 1200 range even though it says 900 range. the range of torch throw is even further … about 1500 range (same as lb#5) when it should be 1200. Crippling talon appears to have exactly 1200 range – same as the axe auto attack which confused me. Therefore I cant actually say for sure if this is the intentional range as some other projectile attacks also have the same range as stated.

Arrows and even (our) Axe have projectile physics that allow the shots to travel further than listed due to a “lobbing” (sort of speak) nature. On the other hand, Crippling Talon is a straight-forward projectile shot, similar to a rifle or pistol shot, so it gains no extra distance and has similar issues when dealing with targets on varying levels of terrain.

As far as I know, it’s intentional since it has been like this since day 1. If it travels in an arc, it is possible to hit beyond its noted range. If it travels in a straight line, than the distance is locked. Easy way of figuring out which shot can do what, though, not always guaranteed (beams such as Mesmer GS and Druid Staff auto attacks are exceptions to this).

Edit: Arc not arch.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

I was contacted in-game last night and shown that not only the fern hound’s regen applies twice, lingering magic also boosts its duration by an incorrect amount.

None of the other pet boons seem affected.

So that’s in there now.

Thanks guys, removed this.

Managed to reproduce the trapper rune bug – dodge rolling during the arming phase of the trap (as soon as the activation bar is finished so you don’t interrupt it but before the stealth and super-speed is granted) prevents you from gaining the stealth and super-speed. Not sure yet if this is the only way for this to occur.

Also remembered another bug – Troll Unguent does not appear to scale down correctly with levels. The lower the level you are scaled down to the larger the heal relative to your total hp. Being scaled down to level 4 by standing in the stating area for new characters after finishing the tutorial it heals for 93 hp per tick (tool-tip states 90 per tick) for a total heal of 930. in mostly dire gear i have 723 max hp in the same zone. Comparing this to WHAO which in the same situation heals about 140 hp.

Thanks, added these.

Use of WHaO doesn’t work with Sharks frenzy ability. Cannot gain the quickness from it.

Ok, did you check if any other pet boons are not copied?

I’d like to get them all at once if possible.

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

AgitatedFox.5287

I was contacted in-game last night and shown that not only the fern hound’s regen applies twice, lingering magic also boosts its duration by an incorrect amount.

None of the other pet boons seem affected.

So that’s in there now.

Thanks guys, removed this.

Thanks, added these.

Ok, did you check if any other pet boons are not copied?

I’d like to get them all at once if possible.

All other pet boons work fine, and I re-tested the shark one. It only seems to work some of the time? I tested it a bunch of times and for the most part it worked, but there were a few occasions where I got nothing from it.

Ranger Danger!

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

OGDeadHead.8326

Lick wounds occasionally does not revive pet and therefore does nothing

Eh say what? If the pet is defeated prior to you activating Lick Wounds it should revive the pet. This is clearly stated as such on the wiki, and it was also posted about from a dev way back. Where did you get this information from, especially the specific info in regards to pvp?

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Zevix.1479

Zevix.1479

This whole pet reset at login has to stop. Why is it even a bug that your secondary pets (as well as your underwater pets) in SPvP are un-slotted at login?

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Kyrstie.1326

Kyrstie.1326

To everyone complaining about the bugged heal…………
At least you have a pet, when i am in pvp my pet goes missing. All i have is an activate button that does not work. Anyone have any idead about that?

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

OGDeadHead.8326

Should be fixed on HoT release, Kyrstie.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

To everyone complaining about the bugged heal…………
At least you have a pet, when i am in pvp my pet goes missing. All i have is an activate button that does not work. Anyone have any idead about that?

Go to somewhere underwater in PvE (LA is good) and set your ground pets via the menu.

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Pet taunt’s won’t interrupt WvW-guards from healing. Sometimes the animation shows that they attack the pet but the heal still occurs, sometimes they just keep healing.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

Pet taunt’s won’t interrupt WvW-guards from healing. Sometimes the animation shows that they attack the pet but the heal still occurs, sometimes they just keep healing.

Interesting.

If you don’t mind, lets wait one day and see if the rev/berserker taunt have the same issue, or if its specific to beastly warden.

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Here’s to hoping some of these issues will be fixed tonight.

Gone to Reddit.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Astral Force generation is clearly bugged, because CAF is unusable currently.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Druid Staff #3 “Ancestral Grace” puts you into combat.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Triss.3801

Triss.3801

The trait “Ancient Seeds” doesn’t activate when used on launched or knockedback foes from the Juvenile Electric Wyvern’s skills “Lightening Assault” and “Wing Buffet” respectively.

“If you hear my arrow whistle, it’s too late.”

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Britto.6374

Britto.6374

Ancestarl Grace (staff 3) is horrible bug!!! Fix it plz

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Astral Force generation is clearly bugged, because CAF is unusable currently.

Agreed. Mostly the force somehow leaving me as soon as I get out of combat. Not sure how that works. Come back force!

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Taverius.8645

The trait “Ancient Seeds” doesn’t activate when used on launched or knockedback foes from the Juvenile Electric Wyvern’s skills “Lightening Assault” and “Wing Buffet” respectively.

Does it work on foes KD’d from the canine’s leap, or dazed by the pink moa?

Ranger Bugs List

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Ragnar.3916

Ragnar.3916

smokescale f2 change.
look into the ranger forum and you see what “bug” you created with this, thanks!

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Interesting.

If you don’t mind, lets wait one day and see if the rev/berserker taunt have the same issue, or if its specific to beastly warden.

It’s still buggy on WvW-guards, at least for Beastly Warden.