Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: andy.1750

andy.1750

The trait “Ancient Seeds” doesn’t activate when used on launched or knockedback foes from the Juvenile Electric Wyvern’s skills “Lightening Assault” and “Wing Buffet” respectively.

Does it work on foes KD’d from the canine’s leap, or dazed by the pink moa?

It does correctly work with those pets.

However, it does not work on the knockdown from spike trap.

(edited by andy.1750)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Triss.3801

Triss.3801

The Skirmishing Line Grand master Trait" QuickDraw" does not stack or reduce the recharge on Celestial Avatar abilities/weapon-skills.
If possible please fix it quick.

“If you hear my arrow whistle, it’s too late.”

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Taverius.8645

Taverius.8645

The Skirmishing Line Grand master Trait" QuickDraw" does not stack or reduce the recharge on Celestial Avatar abilities/weapon-skills.
If possible please fix it quick.

Added, thanks.

Druid Staff #3 “Ancestral Grace” puts you into combat.

Added, thanks.

…. I gotta be honest with you guys, at the rate the base class is getting core issues fixed and being brought into line so as to be competitive, I’m kinda feeling like giving up here.

I guess ranger is the new necro in ANet’s eyes.

The trait “Ancient Seeds” doesn’t activate when used on launched or knockedback foes from the Juvenile Electric Wyvern’s skills “Lightening Assault” and “Wing Buffet” respectively.

Added, with spike trap.

Pet taunt’s won’t interrupt WvW-guards from healing. Sometimes the animation shows that they attack the pet but the heal still occurs, sometimes they just keep healing.

Added, thanks for confirming this again.

I have to be honest with you, considering the rate the core issues left over from the specializations patch are getting fixed, and the amount of changes still needed to make the ranger competitive, I feel like we’re shouting into the void here.

I think this is a fruitless effort, and that ranger is the new necromancer in ANet’s eyes, but I guess I’ll keep plugging at it.

Rock Paper Signet – Gunnar’s Hold EU
Gather ALL the things! \o/
Ranger Bugs List

(edited by Taverius.8645)

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Tomux.8675

Tomux.8675

Hi.
I got unusually launched today in sPvP, like 20 steps into the air, when enemy ranger used point blank shot on me, and I was using (ranger too) sword #2 skill right in that moment, which had to evade this shot but instead I got launched up and got like 3.5k-4k falling damage when I landed, if I remember correctly.
Is this bug known?

I also got a screenie of me falling down if anyone wan’t to watch at it, didn’t get it in most top position because it was very unexpected.

In that moment I was like a guy from this video (starts from 26 second):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVeqRVxI8Iw

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

All these bugs, most of them are game breaking, and no answer from someone? And this game is trying to be an e-sport?

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

I just noticed that my Juvenile Bristleback has 52,861 health from 2,211 Vitality (BM not specced), while the Juvenile Forest Spider only gets 39,385 health from 3,585 Vitality. Looking at pets with equivalent Vit; it looks like the Bristleback is getting a straight 2x multiplier on its health.

Values go up appropriately when speccing BM. Fire Wyvern and Smokescale Vit/Health ratios seem fine. can’t check Tiger or Lightning Wyvern yet.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Just a friendly reminder to the devs – just because this thread gets buried deep down in the forums, doesn’t mean the problems/bugs have vanished!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

A bump for old bugs for the new year.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Hi.
I got unusually launched today in sPvP, like 20 steps into the air, when enemy ranger used point blank shot on me, and I was using (ranger too) sword #2 skill right in that moment, which had to evade this shot but instead I got launched up and got like 3.5k-4k falling damage when I landed, if I remember correctly.
Is this bug known?

This happens with any knockback skill when the player is on a hill.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Wondrouswall.7169

Smokescale, Bristleback, and both Wyverns do not bleed when basic attacks critically hit with Companion’s Might.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

Are the devs aware of the ranger longbow range bug? Range is supposed to be 1500 and that is what the line underneath your skills will show, but longbow shots will hit their targets beyond that point. Looks like 1800 when I tested it with guildies in spvp.

This bug has been around for a while too, figured it would get fixed but it hasn’t been yet. Possibly a bug from when base range was 1200 and the trait added 300. Wouldn’t be surprised if the added 300 range was somehow accidentally left hidden with the grandmaster longbow trait.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Are the devs aware of the ranger longbow range bug? Range is supposed to be 1500 and that is what the line underneath your skills will show, but longbow shots will hit their targets beyond that point. Looks like 1800 when I tested it with guildies in spvp.

This bug has been around for a while too, figured it would get fixed but it hasn’t been yet. Possibly a bug from when base range was 1200 and the trait added 300. Wouldn’t be surprised if the added 300 range was somehow accidentally left hidden with the grandmaster longbow trait.

Almost all ranged skills have an overage, this is because projectiles like arrows and bullets don’t just “stop”.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

Almost all ranged skills have an overage, this is because projectiles like arrows and bullets don’t just “stop”.

I recall a dev stream from a longtime ago that mentioned that the overage was +15% range on skills above what they are listed at. If I recall, the purpose was to help these skills land on moving targets near the max range as listed.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Combo finishers do not work with Juvenile Carrion Devourer F2 poison field.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

I often have the issue that respawning ranger pets trigger my necro marks/ ranger traps when I’m camping a point in sPvP. I can’t always wait for the ranger to respawn before I lay out new marks/traps because there might be enemies nearby and this can leave me with skills unnecessarily on cooldown for the next encounter so it’s quite annoying.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Anybody get an answer for the pet bug in pvp?
its 1 week now without a pet and its annoying when the pvp weekend is going on

Try to choose a pet in the lobby – I know it’s not easy to explain since no one could explain it to many – you have to choose both pets – not one, both, not sure why they left a slot open after HoT but they did, and many Rangers/Druids “couldn’t” access their pets – until they chose them as they did the first time in pvp.

Anet made this mistake and didn’t explain it and didn’t mitigate it – so we’re stuck trying to help each other with little information and even less real instructions from the company who should be doing real Beta testing, not pretend testing on all of us.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Lol, thank you. Took a screenshot of this, because I’m just waiting for the next time a crybaby start complaining about this, calling it a bug.
“In your face, whiners”

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Wondrouswall.7169

(Bump)

Document hasn’t been updated in awhile. Wondering if a new topic should be done. Friendly push to the front though before the 26th update.

Ranger Bugs (Updated)

Posted by: Evrlost.6842

Evrlost.6842

My only question is from the looks of it why will your longbow not auto at around 1500. I use my staff at 1200 and it will continue to fire and yet I back up like 5 feet and try to shoot my longbow and I have to mash 1 repeatedly till my target dies.