Ranger/Druid Avatar form bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Sounds like this is likely related to, or the same as, this bug that was reported with a focus on revenant’s two-stage skills.

I’ve tried to reproduce this with both druid and rev, with no success. The only way I can get anything like this to happen is by holding down the button until the 2nd skill/deactivation occurs, which means the key is held down for an unusually long time. Even during large events with a many players, there was no issue remaining in CA form for its entire duration.

Perhaps some of you with these issues have changed the delay for repeat keypresses via keyboard software, or are using the same version of keyboard software/drivers where a bug exists causing this problem. Someone above did report that using a mouse key bound to F5 fixed the problem, which points to the issue being caused by the keyboard or its software rather than the game.

What keyboards/software versions do those of you with this issue have?

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Khorg.2195

Khorg.2195

This was a bug with the Signet of the Wild. When Signet of the Wild was activated via skill, or trait. It would end your Celestial Avatar. So, in the last patch they “fixed that” but broke it in general. I haven;t used Signet of Wild in forever, so I never experienced this. I use a variation of the “Shout bow” build. Now I have this issue. Reported on this earlier.. Would really love it addressed/fixed asap. I miss my Druid a lot.. It just randomly drops. It’s an inconsistent bug. Sometimes it won’t happen for awhile. Then bam! Super random kicks outa Avatar ftl! my build is unplayable..

Posted by: Anhim.3156

Anhim.3156

I’ve been toying with this a bit with guildies; and it most definitely seems like clicking CA is a main (but perhaps not only) cause for this bug. With about 20 tries (x3 people) we had no issues when hitting the bound keyboard key, but had a slightly over 50% bug rate when clicking the icon (consequently, casting Lunar impact directly after clicking seems to be an almost guaranteed kick out of form).

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

As soon as I hit celestial avatar on my druid it removes, not even a second on.

Please fix this, I do believe it’s a bug.

Thank you.

Yep, exactly what happens to me about 75% of the time these days.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

mrstealth.6701

I tried getting this bug to appear all throughout the Tequatl fight at reset, with no luck. Even clicking the CA button multiple times after activating it (during the short CD period before it can be deactivated by clicking), did not cause the it to cancel the form. I was also immediately using Lunar Impact (skill 3) as CA was being activated.

There’s obviously something causing this, but it seems that it’s more than just the game itself. My first guesses would be lag (perhaps combined with multiple clicks/keypreses) or some issue with mouse/keyboard hardware or drivers.

For the sake of putting more info out here.
During the entire time I was attempting to reproduce the bug, the game was reporting my latency as being between 65ms and 90ms. I’m currently using a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard (no software installed) and a Logitech G600 mouse (LGS 8.78.129 installed)

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I’d argue in this instance it’s definitely something with the game since the last major update. Prior to it, no one had any issues with CA form.

I’d suspect something from the SoTW fix for CA form and/or some kind of new desync issue, since that last update involving desync issues vastly improved it.

Upon transform, chaining CA skill 3 into skill 2 seems to fairly reliably cause the drop. Not always, but most of the time that’s when I get dropped out of it. Sometimes it’s random.

Any other combo after the initial transform seems to work fine, even 3 into 2. Just can’t do it to start with.

Occasionally (after hardcore CA druid shenanigans) I even have a weird thing where I’ll auto jump into CA form when I fill up my charge.

Like, I didn’t even press it and whoosh I’m in CA form. One part cool, one part game messed me up.

It’s working much better now compared to the initial release (completely borked), but it still needs some looking at.

(edited by CETheLucid.3964)

Posted by: Bob.7189

Bob.7189

…It’s working much better now compared to the initial release (completely borked), but it still needs some looking at.

Not for me. CA is still broken. In 3 hours of play tonight it worked on only 2 occasions and only long enough for me to heal one time before getting kicked out. And no, I did not change anything, including any settings. I do use the mouse to click the interface. I will try using the keyboard next time and see if I have better luck.

What is the point of having a druid if CA is broken? Or of having an interface if it doesn’t work?

mrstealth.6701

There has to be some other factor than just the skill being outright bugged. Not to say that the game isn’t at fault. CA is working normally for some, myself included. I’ve tried many times to reproduce this, with no luck.

It does make sense that it could be linked to lag/sync issues. It’s been brought up a couple times here that recent patches (that included desync fixes) improved it. It would also explain my not being able to cause CA to behave like this, since I’ve had a fairly low/stable ping and no discernible latency issues any time I’ve attempted it. As well as explaining why it doesn’t happen every time to those experiencing it.

The best thing to do to get it fixed faster is getting as much info as possible to explain why only some people are having this issue. Find the common aspect. Latency, traits used, boons or conditions on you. or anything else that could potentially be relevant.

CETheLucid.3964

…It’s working much better now compared to the initial release (completely borked), but it still needs some looking at.

Not for me. CA is still broken. In 3 hours of play tonight it worked on only 2 occasions and only long enough for me to heal one time before getting kicked out. And no, I did not change anything, including any settings. I do use the mouse to click the interface. I will try using the keyboard next time and see if I have better luck.

What is the point of having a druid if CA is broken? Or of having an interface if it doesn’t work?

Yeah, I occasionally get random drops. It’s still busted just not completely unplayable. It was far worse at the initial update.

If you’re saying there hasn’t been any improvement for you since the last update, I’m sorry to hear that. Not my experience. Some are even saying it’s completely fixed for them, which is also not my experience.

Obviously something is amiss and I’m sure they’re working on it.

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

The best time to test it at Teq is when he fears everyone. Every time I use it to break the fear I instantly get knocked out of it.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

mrstealth.6701

I found two conditions that managed to reproduce this bug with reasonable consistency.

1) I needed the Druidic Clarity trait
2) I had to button mash 3 then 2, for the duration of those skills’ casting time

I started mashing 3 immediately after activating CA, and kept mashing it as fast as I could till the skill had almost finished casting. At that time, I swapped to mashing 2 to get it started right after, then kept mashing for the duration of its activation time.

Neither button mashing without Druidic Clarity, nor single keypresses with the trait triggered this bug in any of my numerous attempts.

Posted by: Bob.7189

Bob.7189

The problem occurred repeatedly and consistently when using the mouse to click the interface. Usually I was kicked out of CA immediately, i.e., in a small fraction of a second. Sometimes CA would load long enough for me to click weapon skill 4 which would then kick me out of CA without casting the spell.

This typically occurred while taking damage in WvW fights, but also when taking damage in PVE zones.

Yesterday I tried using the keyboard (F5) rather than mouse with much better success. I was able to get do some healing, but was still getting kicked out of CA sometimes prior to exhausting the bar. I didn’t use it enough to quantify it.

I primarily use healing as an active defense and mostly am DPS. I run a power druid version of the shout heal build, switching out LB and staff. Sometimes with a WVW zerg I will heal, but I just run PU and don’t see many zergs disciplined enough to heal them effectively.

I suspect that people using both hands on the keyboard are not noticing a problem.

(edited by Bob.7189)

Posted by: kimoulys.6234

kimoulys.6234

[Update] After reading some of the comments in this thread and trying it out in Fractals and PvE, if I used F5 rather check CA with my mouse CA will work 100% of the time. Clicking CA with the mouse is were CA drops out 90% of the time. So the problem (for me) with CA is more of a GUI interaction with the mouse than the skill being bugged.

Posted by: Aapheus.5780

Aapheus.5780

I haven’t experienced the problem with having the 3-skill pop me out of CA, but I have been having the problem with immediately popping out of CA upon left-clicking. Seems to fail about 90% of the time. I’ve not had a problem with F5, so that’s kind of a temporary workaround for me, but I’m so mouse oriented, it’s a challenge.

“Sharpen your blades and protect your vitals — I’m back!”

Posted by: Durick.8479

Durick.8479

Since the patch today (8/9), it seems to be working normally. There’s nothing in the patch notes that I noticed.

I’ll keep playing with it, but pretty hopeful so far.

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

Seems fixed to me too. Please report if it still bugs out.

Atleast this bug made me force to find a suitable button to press, so I guess it’s something!

CETheLucid.3964

CAF 3 into 2 works without a hitch. Mouse clicking VS key doesn’t seem to matter anymore. Ran around with it tonight in pvp, seems fixed. Couldn’t get it to drop me.

Which is fantastic.

If anyone else is still having issues, please speak up. For me though looks to be all patched up. Thank you based devs!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

[Update] After reading some of the comments in this thread and trying it out in Fractals and PvE, if I used F5 rather check CA with my mouse CA will work 100% of the time. Clicking CA with the mouse is were CA drops out 90% of the time. So the problem (for me) with CA is more of a GUI interaction with the mouse than the skill being bugged.

Great detective work (although unfortunate that there’s a bug).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: kimoulys.6234

kimoulys.6234

Works great now after the patch. Did scale 100 Fractal with the worst group of ppl (forever fighting but always dying). Mouse clicks worked and I was in CA most of the time a quarter into the boss fight. So whatever caused the bug may of been cross linked to a different bug in the patch.