Ranger Pets and Precision Issues

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: nikki.9157

nikki.9157

Several ranger’s, including myself, have noticed a couple of issues/bugs with our chars, and we are not sure if there was a nerf or what, but, we are having two issues. One being our pets are NOT helping us rez when we are down and the other is our chars are acting like we have no precision. Many times we go to shoot at an enemy right next to us and our chars will turn and start shooting at something like a animal that has nothing to do with the enemy. With the thief abilities to stealth and mesmer’s bringing out so many minions and such we Rangers need our skills to be dependable and as helpful to us as the other chars are to them. Thanks

nikki.9157

I also realized when using my longbow and using the #3 I don’t go stealth at all nor do I get the swiftness it says I should be getting.

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Nikki, yup, I can vouch for Hunter’s Shot (LB 3) not always granting stealth even though it successfully hits a target (player, NPC, mob, etc) and causes damage. I’d guess-timate that the stealth proc fails about 5-10% of the time for me. -BUGGED!

I’ve also had my pet give me the finger when I’m downed and hit Lick Wounds. Haha! In those situations, if I’m lucky enough to be laying in the bushes & unseen by the enemy, he’ll usually do his job the second time I hit Lick Wounds… after the CD of course! – BUGGED!

Both the above have been happening for me for about 1.5 to 2 months? give or take.

The recent issues/changes with Target Next Enemy could be the situation with what you mentioned regarding targeting. Well, targeting in general has issues. /shrugs.

Moonlight [THRU]

nikki.9157

Yeah it is most definitely bugged. I didn’t notice Hunter’s Shot not working until a couple days ago, for me, and after the more recent upgrades. However, the issue with the pet not helping I’ve been “complaining” about a little longer than that. Ok, more yelling at my pet is more like it. haha

I’d like to see Anet take a little more time in fixing all chars so that we are comparable with the others. So if a Ranger and a Thief come against one another both will have a good chance of taking the other out, depending on their skills and abilities as a player, for example. The stealth and abilities of the thief and mesmer is crazy. There can be six or so in our group and we come up against a mesmer and thief they can down us all and we are good wvw players. There are some using cheats, we know that, but there are times we just can’t figure out how they do things they are doing and just don’t want to call cheat when we aren’t sure. I do think there are some classes that have been morphed to outdo others. Anet seems to change things up on us every few months and really they shouldn’t be doing that, either. We go out and fight and get our butts kicked because we didn’t know about the changes or how to use the char because of the changes. LOL