Ranger "Read the Wind" bugs autoattack

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Danek.9450

Danek.9450

As the title states.. if you go for the Trait “Read the Wind” (One of the new grandmaster traits) and you gain an additional 300 units range for all your longbow skills.. your attacks may hit, but the autoattack won’t work if you are more than 900 units away from the target, making the trait quite bothersome..

I did use the search function and didnt find anything related to this.

Would be nice if you fix this
Thanks in advance!

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Are you trying this on a stationary target? If it is moving it’s unlikely to hit.

Posted by: kaede.4751

kaede.4751

So far as I’m aware, there’s no different between a moving and stationary target for this attack unless they’re dodging … but the OP is right, your character will stop auto-attacking if the target is out of the usual range (1200 or whatever it is). It will only resume auto-attacking once the target moves within that range, or you move closer, etc. You can manually press 1 (or whatever your auto key is for the first skill) to keep using that skill on the target, and it will hit, but that kind of defeats the purpose of locking it on auto-attack.

I’ve kind of gotten used to just spamming 1 when that happens, but it can be irritating, so it’d be nice to see it fixed.