Ranger autotarget totally broken

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

At least 80% of the time, Ranger autotargeting is going for the furthest target available, including with pets.

2 examples:

Sky Peaks, Dredgehaunt Cliffs. Longbow. There are 2 Dredge Excavators and I think a Disaggregator in the first corridor to head up for the vista. I fire, LB hits the furthest Dredge in line of sight, ignoring the 2 in front of it, and pet runs up the corridor and attacks an enemy that isn’t even in line of sight.

Longbow again. Just a moment ago I was in Silverwastes where the last part of LS Episode 8 begins. An event starts. In front of me are 2 Mordrem wolves, another Mordrem lesser mob and further away, a Mordrem Husk. I want to attack the wolves since they are attacking an AFK player. I fire, and both LB and pet go around 1000 distance away and attack the Husk.

This is happening continuously, sometimes on other classes but all the time on Ranger. Oftentimes, my Rangers will ignore 3-4 targets in front of them, and attack something off screen and often behind cover.

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

I never use autotargeting, but if I were to venture a guess, I’d say it’s possible that longbow is coded to favor targets in the max damage range (1000+).
Regardless, autotargeting has always been pretty bad and will likely remain so. I suggest you turn it off and try to forget it exists.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

^ that is one way of dealing with it, but the best option would be for Anet to fix it.
and it does happen with other weapons/professions as well. One of the things that haven’t been addressed.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

instead of having closest target on your tab get next target…you will at least be able to get others fast.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Seems worse with Ranger than anything else… which is why Piercing Arrows is always a must in my builds.