Rare drop rates in Orr

Rare drop rates in Orr

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Derek.9021

Derek.9021

I’ve read that Anet hasn’t changed the drop rate of rares in Orr, but that only means they’re bugged then.

I’m not one of those crazy people who thing OH NO BUGGED cause I’m so unlucky!!! No… I’m looking at trends of past event grinding and now, and I’m getting dramatically less yellows than before.

I’m not the only one noticing this at all. I often see people talk about it in game.

Can you please check the coding for drops in the game, please? Something seems to be wrong.

Evidence is in the Glob of Ectoplasm prices. The spike isn’t from fractal upgrades anymore.

Rare drop rates in Orr

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

While there’s an obvious discrepancy between the actual drop rates and what anet claims things are, the price of ectos is not really evidence.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Rare drop rates in Orr

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Arsenic, while you are right, it’s not proof, I’m having the same anecdotal problems. I don’t grind fotm or dungeons, and the drops elsewhere do not seem to be getting better. Champs and boss drops were supposed to be buffed, yet, no evidence to support that occurs.
The gold sinks are working better than the gold income. I’m reduced to being impressed with green drops now.
But, I did get my Tixx backpack, so I guess I should be delirious with joy.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

Rare drop rates in Orr

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

What i mean is that everyone is experiencing the discrepancy in the drops from what anet claims is working fine and what is actually happening (kitten drops)

Where as the price of ectos constantly fluctuates during ban waves of bots so they aren’t an indicator of the screwed up drops.

However, there are some whispers that the salvaging drop rate has been lowered, the problem remains with the actual drops that we’re getting which anet assures us is working fine.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Rare drop rates in Orr

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

They don’t want you to get anything from loot, they want you to buy it with gem/gold trade, so good luck with this…

Rare drop rates in Orr

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

I’ve been farming in Cursed Shore since day one and I have to concur that rare drop rates seem to be much lower now. I am also gaining more putrid essence. It’s been like this since the November update.

I also agree that champion mobs are a waste of time still. I have seen no difference there and in fact some don’t drop anything at all (Contender). The most lucrative farming area is the fractals and that is sad to see since they are filled with exploits and dc’s.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Rare drop rates in Orr

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we’re consolidating feedback on this by actively collecting on drop rates here, so please post there if you have thoughts/findings you would like to share.

This thread will now be closed.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed