Razor naga gaming mouse left click issues.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Zeris.8521

Zeris.8521

As title reads, I’ve got a Razor Naga gaming mouse which is having difficulty working with Guildwars 2. The main issue is when using the left click to maneuver I find the mouse will deselect the game and I’ll simply be moving my arrow around the screen without it working as it should.

The mouse works perfectly on other Mmorpgs (Won’t be saying any names to avoid conflict)

All software is up to date too.

If any one has any ideas or fixes, I’d really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Zeris.8521

Still having the same issue 13 days on, any help?

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

So from what I understand, you are trying to use mouse clicks to move around the map like in GW1? GW2 does not have that option.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

No, it is like holding both mouse buttons for forward movement. Without releasing the left button, It will eventually act as if realeased. So it suddenly stops movement, and only the camera will move due to still holding the right button.

Happened to me few months ago, on the cheapest logitech mouse, then after a few(thousand) slaps its working all right since that. I thought it was contact mistake, cuz it behaved like that (left clicking became less reliable when i was moving my mouse more intensively = pvp), but i’m not playing any other game, so i couldt test that.

I have no idea how to reproduce that, IF it is a bug, it came and gone spontaneously, making it impossible to play pvp properly.

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Zeris.8521

Thank you for your posts and for the link Jim Hunter.
I’ve taken a look at their thread and there’s nothing that seems to be working.

The problem I’m still faced with is if I want to move with the mouse and rotate the screen via the mouse controls I find the screen gets engaged then disengaged leaving me unable to turn and running straight in to things or even off those bridges in WvW.

Things I’ve tried from that thread you posted such as changing the comparability of the Guildwars.exe, Disabled display scaling on high DPI settings and I’ve also fiddled with the in game properties.

Anyone else know of any other possible fixes? Your help would be appreciated.

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

I had the same problem with my naga, and synapse was up to date. I uninstalled and reinstalled synapse and after that it works fine for me. It could be worth a try.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: Tibi.5892

Tibi.5892

i have the same problem but ONLY in WvW fights. if i play all day long pve, or small skale WvW, everyrhing works just fine. on massive skale fights r.click just stops being responsive. sometimes, after the battle i try to r.click and move the cam and for a couple of seconds it still doesn’t work.
i have a gaming sistem with gaming peripherals inclouding naga.
i repeat. it works just fine a whole day/week till i go into massive WvW battles.

(edited by Tibi.5892)

Posted by: Blazing Liger.1236

Blazing Liger.1236

I have the Naga and have the EXACT same problem. I was worried maybe my mouse was starting to go (I have the original version, and it’s over 3 years old now)! I’m glad to know it’s not just me, but I would REALLY like to see a fix for this.

It’s hard to do jumping puzzles with a big, fuzzy butt.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

That could explain why just recently (since living story season 2 patch) I have problems moving items in my inventory/bank. Clicking works just fine, but as soon as I have to hold/drag something, the mouse seems to releases the items randomly “mid-drag”.

Fortunately I don’t use my left mouse button for other things than that, still a fix would be very welcome.

I have a Razer Naga Hex btw. and it works just fine outside GW2.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

My son and husband have this mouse and have issues with it off and on. My son more-so than my husband did, and not just with GW2.

The fix we used is the one Ashandar.2570 posted above. Remove the drivers fully, uninstall all the software, CC clean, (or whatever proggie you prefer to clean up behind you) etc.. just be sure you’ve cleaned up, and then freshly install the drivers and razer synapse. Hopefully, you’ll be good to go.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

My son and husband have this mouse and have issues with it off and on. My son more-so than my husband did, and not just with GW2.

The fix we used is the one Ashandar.2570 posted above. Remove the drivers fully, uninstall all the software, CC clean, (or whatever proggie you prefer to clean up behind you) etc.. just be sure you’ve cleaned up, and then freshly install the drivers and razer synapse. Hopefully, you’ll be good to go.

Since the behavior is limited to this game only and I reinstalled the drivers just recently (before I posted in this thread), I tried the solution from the other thread → Disabling display scaling on high DPI settings for gw2.exe seems to have fixed it for me.

Still I’m wondering, why this is necessary now after one of the LS season 2 patches, when before everything worked like a charm (since beta)…