Recipe: Light of Dwayna "not" on Trading Post

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dragonz.6953

Dragonz.6953

BUG IS FIXED, FEEL FREE TO REMOVE THREAD, TY ANET

Recipe: Light of Dwayna cannot be found on the trading post when you search for it.

-How to reproduce issue:
1.Open Black Lion Trading Post
2. create filter: Ascended ( just to make it easier, following steps are optional and you can search directly for )
3. type in search bar: “Recipe”

Note that Recipe: Shadow of Grenth ( Recipe:Light of Dwayna’s sister item) shows up (as expected) but Recipe:Light of Dwayna does not .

However, Recipe: Light of Dwayna can still be found on the TP using an alternative method. Find one or borrow one from a friend then right click and click sell on trading post/buy more at trading post. This allows you to see the (hidden?) listing and buy more or sell yours.
—————————————————————————————————
Now here is my speculation why this particular bug occurred. (I hope this helps your Q&A/Bugfixing Team!) I apologize if it is completely wrong and not very useful.

It has to do with the patch of December 10th with this particular line.

Fixed an issue that was causing the Recipe: Light of Dwayna to become account bound.

Initially it was unintentionally released as account bound so it was hotfixed to not be account bound; however, this was not a retroactive fix. What I mean is that people that had already obtained a Recipe: Light of Dwayna before the fix weren’t able to either mail theirs or sell it on trading post, even though the description for the item changed and new Recipe: Light of Dwayna that were dropping from the wintersday boxes had the fix as well and were no longer account bound.

I believe that somehow the TP listing may have had a (flag?) or marker on it that triggered when the item was account bound that hid the item from searches that was not reverted when the item itself was changed to no longer be account bound.

If my speculation is correct, then the fix should be changing this flag so that it reflects the actual state of the item, but please if this is completely incorrect it would be much appreciated if you could post how the system actually works, I am very curious to see how it actually operates!

Also players with the bugged, semi-account bound version of the item may have to go through the support exchange proccess similarly to what had happened with the endless halloween tonics.

(edited by Dragonz.6953)

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

I would think it’s similar to whatever happened with the toxic hybrid mini. I just hope they fix it. Doesn’t make much difference if it’s account bound or not if you need to have one already to buy one. :/

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

only people with the recipe can buy it.

rightclick item> buy in trading post

Posted by: Dragonz.6953

Dragonz.6953

only people with the recipe can buy it.

rightclick item> buy in trading post

Yup.

However, Recipe: Light of Dwayna can still be found on the TP using an alternative method. Find one or borrow one from a friend then right click and click sell on trading post/buy more at trading post. This allows you to see the (hidden?) listing and buy more or sell yours.

Also, I’m honestly not surprised, but speculation on this bug has raised trading post prices on this item by over 100% in the last 24 hours. (it was 50 silver 27 hours ago, now its over 2g!)

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

i doubt it’s due to speculation of the bug. Grenth ugly back piece recipe sells for almost 3g

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

People are asking 5g in map chat, but if you have bought or sold one already (and can search your history), you can get them off the TP for 1.5-2g or so (a bit less than the Grenth version, which is easier to find).

I don’t like the idea that people who happened to have been lucky enough to get these as a drop can now get an insider-trading-like bonus of 2-3g/recipe. When your ROI is a guaranteed 250-300%, you can risk selling via /map chat without worrying about losing money.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Has this been fixed yet?

Pretty awful bug. Not only is it causing trade spam in LA map chat, but it’s allowing people who get one of them to scalp them via exclusive access to the supply on the TP.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Fixed, as far as I can see. Just did a search and now the recipe for Light of Dwayna showed up.