Refund Dyes I Can't Use or Sell. HELP!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Luvimor.7158

Luvimor.7158

I logged into each character to put together all my dyes and I was given a refund dye pack for the dyes I already had. HOWEVER, the refund dye pack I was given gave me dyes I already opened that can’t use nor sell. I have a total of 8 dyes I cannot use. So can you take back those dyes and give me new ones? Or can we work out an exchange of some kind? Please hit me back ASAP. Thanks for the time. -Luvimor

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I got refunded 40 dyes and from those 10 or so I already have and I can’t use, however they are sellable on TP (even though the price dropped badly and it doesn’t worth selling). Try to right click them and see if you can sell. Also make sure they aren’t in invisible bags, that would prevent them to be seen in TP and vendors.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Many of us have been refunded close to 1000 dyes. So, we will be getting many duplicates if we open them. Hundreds, in fact. Either sell them for a pittance on the TP, or hold on to them, and hope the price increases.

Or, just give them to newbies as a kind gesture. =)

Luvimor.7158

The dyes I opened in my bag will not let me sell them. I had to dump them in my bank to make room. Anyone have any ideas? Are they bugged maybe?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Do you happen to have them in an Invisible bag?

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

They aren’t bugged, the above poster is probably correct – it’s about the only thing that isn’t bugged in this patch!

shadow.6174

Hehe, I mentioned about checking if they aren’t in invisible bags. It’s something easily missed. And yes, I’m thinking about giving away some of my duplicated dyes or try to make a trade like dye-for-dye with someone. I have almost 20 dyes sitting in my inv, any offers? hehe.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You never know…..ArenaNet may make some recipe to move all the superfluous dyes out of circulation. It has happened before with an over-abundance of a particular item.

Luvimor.7158

Ok, I checked my bank this morning and moved over the dyes back to my bag. I right clicked, and it now allows me to sell them on the TP. Thanks for the help.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Many of us have been refunded close to 1000 dyes. So, we will be getting many duplicates if we open them. Hundreds, in fact. Either sell them for a pittance on the TP, or hold on to them, and hope the price increases.

Or, just give them to newbies as a kind gesture. =)

Now that they’ve been removed as drops and made more expensive when purchased with laurels, the price will almost certainly go back up after this large influx. How long that will take or by how much I don’t know, but it will happen.

I got nearly 400 dyes myself. I intend to open them and sell any I already have, though I didn’t think this all the way through yesterday when I opened about 70 of them and then realized I’d have to store them all in my bank until I’m ready to sell.

I think I’ll just sell a few per week to get rid of them.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, I have opened only 10 out of the hundreds, given 50 Unid away, and will store the rest in the bank in a few stacks….and wait. Lol.

shadow.6174

Ok, I checked my bank this morning and moved over the dyes back to my bag. I right clicked, and it now allows me to sell them on the TP. Thanks for the help.

Hehe, you are welcome