Removal of God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Minor Annoyance.3976

Minor Annoyance.3976

I received mail stating that GWAMM was removed from my account because of an error made by some Golem.

I did get GWAMM in GW1 and am wondering why it was removed from my titles in GW2. I can only guess it is a bug?

Posted by: Nightwish.4013

Nightwish.4013

I got the same mail though I never earned the GWAMM title, however all the titles I did earn are now gone, along with the achievement points I had earned.

SBI ~ [DOG]
Nanaako ~ Elementalist | Shirogaane ~ Necromancer

Posted by: Clisna.3041

Clisna.3041

Me too, and i can’t log in GuildWars now (Code=058)
But it’s my second time meeting this bug.
Last time it fixed after I login to Guildwars…
Seems it broken now.

Posted by: BlondiE.9705

BlondiE.9705

Same, i received the in-game mail and my titles/achievement points are all gone, hope ANET can fix this, earned them through hard work in GW1. (:

Interesting though, a quick check through the HOM calculator shows my characters as missing, maybe this is related?

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

I have GWAMM i did that grind in GW1 and now it’s gone, i tried to login to GW1 but getting error too..

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

I never should have had the GWAMM title, and I got the email, but upon checking the Hall of Monuments achievments, I have NONE of them, and I did have at least 6 of them done…. I just lost a crap ton of achievment points that I SHOULD HAVE… Ugh thanks anet, please fix this pronto.

Posted by: Swift.1832

Swift.1832

Same here, i have maxed HoM, so 500 achievement points and Champion of the Gods title gone, which was the one i was always showing. Hope they fixed it, since it signifies a lot of time spent in GW1.lol

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

Also getting a log in error to Guild Wars 1…

Posted by: GeminiArcher.7809

GeminiArcher.7809

I just got that mail again too. I shouldn’t have GWAMM ankitten ot aware of ever having had it, I had 15 or so HoM points and now that’s all gone. It looks like GW1 is down, that must be causing the issue.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I’m in the same boat as Nightwish. I never got the title in GW1, nor did I hack to get it in this game. I never had it in this game to my knowledge. Ofc, never having earned it, I never looked for it in my titles. But I’m now without those titles and AP’s. What gives?

Sad thing is, I logged in to buy some gems for BL keys- ain’t happnin’ now.

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

I’m freaking out over here too. I got the same email and my gwamm title is gone. And my 50/50 hom title Champion of the Gods title is gone too.

I played gw1 since prophecies and earned every title and put countless hours into it. From vanguishing, to dungeons, to grinding kurzicks ranks and 100% map exploration rubbing tyrias walls for hours to get that 1%. No idea if this is a bug or something to do with the new living world season 3 but this is really upsetting!

Posted by: BlondiE.9705

BlondiE.9705

Think it is fixed now, thanks ANET!

Posted by: Auntie.7864

Auntie.7864

I too received a letter stating I “had not earned GWAMM” and this title and any “unearned HoM honors” were being removed. I worked my tail off getting both GWAMM and HoM. So, this has to be a bug.

Posted by: Takiton.1458

Takiton.1458

I lost my closer to the stars title. irritates me because i’ve used this title since release!

Chrono.6928

Logged in to do my daily tonight and i got a weird email saying a golem made a mistake and my God Walking Among Mere Mortals title was gone.

Thinking this had something to do with the new living world season 3 thought maybe this was a joke but checked my achievements and its really gone…

Also my Champion of the Gods title is also gone and that was much more difficult to get as you had to get 50/50 hall of monument points while Gwamm was only 30 max titles.

I’ve played gw and gw2 since prophecies and have put countless time into both games and am seriously upset. It’s always been my account, never let anyone else use my account, never bought in game gold or ectos from anyone other than gw1 costumes and gw2 gems from the official stores. I have pics and videos of me winning in HA (hero’s ascent), having a DOA (domain of anguish) speed clear record on youtube. etc. Can’t believe this is happening.

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

I tried logging out and logging back in with no success, but I believe there is a fix if you go to the HoM Reward Calculator and enter your GW1 character’s name there. Then the next time you log into GW2, the title and achievements should be restored. It worked for me.

https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Not the first time I’ve heard of this, and it’s happened to me once before. Seems to pop up whenever there some issue with GW1’s login server. GW2 checks with the GW1 database on login to see what extras you have earned there, and sees a failed attempt to retrieve that data as meaning you don’t have anything earned.

Relogging into GW2 whenever the server issue is sorted out will fix it.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Dei.5890

Dei.5890

Just re-logged and got all my titles back. A bit annoying to have to go into the menu and check off the title on all my chars. All the HOM AP show up in recently completed so looks like the connection between the HOM database and the game got reset.

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

Log out and log back in. Fixed it for my wife.

Posted by: Dana windfelt.8160

Dana windfelt.8160

Chrono.6928

This did work thanks. Any idea what caused it?

Attachments:

Chrono.6928

Logged out and logged back in worked for me too.

Also of note it didn’t effect just gwamm but “Champion of the Gods” title too which was much harder to get as gwamm itself was just a mere stepping stone on the path to that one.

Dana windfelt.8160

Got the email on all 4 of my GW2 accounts, including my main one that does have (2 x) gwamm. Like the last time this happen – you just need to log back into your GW1 account, display the gwamm there, then log back into GW2.

Attachments:

Chrono.6928

Umm they remove gwamm and champion of the gods titles and they should expect 100’s of angry posts. Not just one thread. People literally have played gw and gw2 for over a decade now and poured countless time into both games to earn those.

Dana windfelt.8160

Copy/pasted from the other thread…

Got the email on all 4 of my GW2 accounts, including my main one that does have (2 x) gwamm. Like the last time this happen – you just need to log back into your GW1 account, display the gwamm there, then log back into GW2.

Attachments:

Posted by: Nightwish.4013

Nightwish.4013

Okay so I tried logging from the game and then back in. I have the three titles I had earned along with the 150 AP as well, so it’s working again. Also, I did not have to log into GW1 at all for it to work, simply closing down the client and re-logging into GW2 did the trick.

SBI ~ [DOG]
Nanaako ~ Elementalist | Shirogaane ~ Necromancer

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s a bug that re-occurs every so often. You can generally ignore it and it will fix itself. Alternatively, log into GW1 and start up a single character (if you want to cover all your bases, enter the HoM with them, but I am pretty sure that has no impact).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Umm they remove gwamm and champion of the gods titles and they should expect 100’s of angry posts. Not just one thread. People literally have played gw and gw2 for over a decade now and poured countless time into both games to earn those.

They didn’t remove it.

It’s a bug that re-occurs every so often. You can generally ignore it and it will fix itself. Alternatively, log into GW1 and start up a single character (if you want to cover all your bases, enter the HoM with them, but I am pretty sure that has no impact).

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

Logged out and logged back in worked for me too.

Also of note it didn’t effect just gwamm but “Champion of the Gods” title too which was much harder to get as gwamm itself was just a mere stepping stone on the path to that one.

Champion of the Gods was barely a blip on the radar compared to GWAMM for many. I think I only had to pick up three points the week that update came out, and just bought a couple weapons, IIRC. Had it done as soon as I got home from camping that week. Plus you didn’t even have to get GWAMM to get Champion of the Gods. There were like 15 statues you could pick up without maxing any titles at all or even touching PvP hardly, so that meant you could let yourself off the hook at My Guild Hall Smells of Rich Mahogany. Mostly Champion of the Gods was just buy, buy, buy, while GWAMM meant you had to do something, especially those who got GWAMM before so many titles got made so easy peasy cheesy to pick up, via being made account-wide, or being able to consume booze without a timer, or bonus points weekends, or consumables being made more available, or being able to die and still get survivor, or whatever.

I think that’s why you see so many people displaying GWAMM over Champion of the Gods. They definitely don’t have the same associations for people who played prior to the rewards calculator coming out, versus after.

Call me tilting at windmills for this post or whatever, but Champion of the Gods was just a little lipstick job after GWAMM.

Swift.1832

… Plus you didn’t even have to get GWAMM to get Champion of the Gods. There were like 15 statues you could pick up without maxing any titles at all or even touching PvP hardly, …

Champion of the Gods means maxing HOM, the HOM tab Honor, means you have to get 40 titles.
You get GWAMM after getting 30 titles, so you WILL get GWAMM before you get Champion of the Gods and there is no way someone who has Champion of the Gods doesn’t have GWAMM.
With GWAMM you don’t need the pvp title, but you do need that for Champion of the Gods.

(edited by Swift.1832)

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

… Plus you didn’t even have to get GWAMM to get Champion of the Gods. There were like 15 statues you could pick up without maxing any titles at all or even touching PvP hardly, …

Champion of the Gods means maxing HOM, the HOM tab Honor, means you have to get 40 titles.
You get GWAMM after getting 30 titles, so you WILL get GWAMM before you get Champion of the Gods and there is no way someone who has Champion of the Gods doesn’t have GWAMM.
With GWAMM you don’t need the pvp title, but you do need that for Champion of the Gods.

Incorrect.

Many of the titles that counted towards the HOM reward were character and not account based, so if you accumulated different titles on lots of different characters, you could easily achieve Champion of the gods without getting anywhere near GWAMM.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Incorrect.

Many of the titles that counted towards the HOM reward were character and not account based, so if you accumulated different titles on lots of different characters, you could easily achieve Champion of the gods without getting anywhere near GWAMM.

Wouldn’t it be fair to say that GWAMM is ‘easily’ earned before HoM/50? while it’s possible (perhaps) to earn HoM/50 first, it’s not easy to do so.

Mathematically, if you max all the other monuments, you still need 18 points from Honor, which requires 40 statues. A few statues can be earned without a title, but most come with one. Several statues/tracks require earning others first on the same character.

It seems to me that — if it’s possible — someone would have to very, very carefully go about earning titles/statues on each character to ensure that they did not earn GWAMM before reaching HoM/50. That suggests that GWAMM is always going to be earned ahead of HoM/50, unless someone goes out of their way to do otherwise. I think it’s fair to think that “going out of the way” is the more difficult path, giving the nod to the claim that “GWAMM is more easily obtained”.

tl;dr it might be possible for HoM/50 to be earned without GWAMM, but GWAMM is nonetheless ‘easily’ earned on the way to HoM/50.

(regardless, my congratulations to anyone who reaches either/both goals — that represents a lot of dedication to GW1)

mrstealth.6701

I have both, without any actual pvp titles, because it counts some non-pvp-requiring titles as pvp titles. The only I have that are even related to pvp is Zaishen Supporter and Lux/Kurz faction, which both had multiple ways to acquire. I barely touched any pvp outside of Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry (neither of which the game really counted as true pvp), so there is no way I earned any titles via pvp.

Getting Champion of the Gods without GWAMM is just a matter of not focusing titles onto a single character. I believe I had the titles portion of the HoM finished before I actually got GWAMM on my monk. I don’t recall whether I completed the HoM or GWAMM first, but at that point it would have been simple to obtain either of them individually.

edit: forgot that some non-pvp obtainables were still counted as pvp. Both of these GW2 titles are still doable without ever actually participating in GW1 pvp. Anyone could get the Zaishen rank by simply buying keys or through the old tournament winner/lottery system.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I tried logging out and logging back in with no success, but I believe there is a fix if you go to the HoM Reward Calculator and enter your GW1 character’s name there. Then the next time you log into GW2, the title and achievements should be restored. It worked for me.

https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome

Thank you, Bridget! I went and did what you suggested and it was fixed. Now to buy some more gems!

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

This did work thanks. Any idea what caused it?

I have never played GW1 nor do I have any of HoM stuff but based on what I saw from a dev a while back I’m aware about what could have caused this. Or as someone else said in another thread..

Seems to pop up whenever there some issue with GW1’s login server. GW2 checks with the GW1 database on login to see what extras you have earned there, and sees a failed attempt to retrieve that data as meaning you don’t have anything earned.

Yup, once there was a huge bug that caused players to unfairly earn HoM points and was exploited by a few. A possible cause, as said by a dev, was a desync between GW1 and GW2 servers and at that time they also explained that GW2 checks with GW1 severs to make sure about HoM stuff. Since people have reported login issues with GW1, I suppose that was what triggered this issue here.

mrstealth.6701

The incidents last night were almost certainly tied to the GW1 login servers being down temporarily after Gaile Gray’s account was compromised.

If it happens again, best thing to do is wait a bit and relog. If GW1 is back up when you do that, it should fix itself.

Swift.1832

I have both, without any actual pvp titles, because it counts some non-pvp-requiring titles as pvp titles. The only I have that are even related to pvp is Zaishen Supporter and Lux/Kurz faction, which both had multiple ways to acquire. I barely touched any pvp outside of Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry (neither of which the game really counted as true pvp), so there is no way I earned any titles via pvp.

Getting Champion of the Gods without GWAMM is just a matter of not focusing titles onto a single character. I believe I had the titles portion of the HoM finished before I actually got GWAMM on my monk. I don’t recall whether I completed the HoM or GWAMM first, but at that point it would have been simple to obtain either of them individually.

edit: forgot that some non-pvp obtainables were still counted as pvp. Both of these GW2 titles are still doable without ever actually participating in GW1 pvp. Anyone could get the Zaishen rank by simply buying keys or through the old tournament winner/lottery system.

Yeah true about the pvp title. I did do a lot of JQ/FA/AB tho, since it worked faster for it.
And ok, if you have multiple characters, each doing 1 title, maybe you can get all 40 points you need an not have gwamm, But in the end, you did more than gwamm to get to champion of the gods. just not on the same character. So to say gwamm is valued higher still seems a bit weird to me.

mrstealth.6701

I think God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals carries a higher status because of the name/wording of it(the still-mortal champion of the gods vs being a god yourself), the pop culture reference source, and the fact that it’s a copy of the highest prestige title GW1 had. Champion of the Gods was a title made up for the HoM and GW2, with no meaning or reference back to GW1. The fact that GWAMM accounts for most of the work in getting CotG helps, as well.

If you had ask me what the title Champion of the Gods was from before this thread, I would have had to look it up to give you an accurate answer, and my first guess otherwise would have been something pvp-related. However, asking where GWAMM comes from is probably something almost any GW1 player could answer without hesitation.

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

Wouldn’t it be fair to say that GWAMM is ‘easily’ earned before HoM/50? while it’s possible (perhaps) to earn HoM/50 first, it’s not easy to do so.

From my experience, you have it backwards. It was vastly easier to reach 50/50 on the HoM than it was to get GWAMM.

I also blew past a few of the achievement plateaus that count toward the hall:
minis: 55 vs. the 50 needed, 16 rares vs 1 needed
statues: 43 vs. 40 needed
armors: 12 vs 7 needed, kurzick & luxon vs needed only one of the two
weapons: 16 vs 15 needed

While each title gives a statue, the reverse is not true – there are several relatively easy to earn statues (6x Conqueror, 3x Eternal hero) that don’t come from titles and some titles that award their statues at a much lower tier (kurzick, luxon, lucky, unlucky, various PvP). Thus, it’s rather easy to max out all of the HoM points to earn CotG, including blowing past the 40 statues needed, yet still not have maxed out the 30 titles needed for GWAMM.

When comparing the overall effort involved, CotG is like reading five CliffNotes versions of classical literature. GWAMM is like reading Tolstoy’s ‘War and Peace’.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

This is incorrect. Which leads to this invalid conclusion:

The HoM Honor counts statues, not titles. There are several statues that you can earn that don’t have corresponding titles. There are also several statues that you can earn before you max out the title. As a result, it is not only possible, but also easier, to earn 40 statues needed for Honor for maxing CotG compared to maxing 30 titles needed for GWAMM. I easily maxed CotG way before I maxed GWAMM.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard