Remove Downed From Game Entirely

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

0/10, worse trolling of the day award for you.

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

0/10, worse trolling of the day award for you.

And your reply is a perfect example of why I (and most people) never post in these forums about anything.

This was not a “troll” (what an overused and therefore completely useless word this has become) It was a report of what I perceive to be a “bug” in the “bug forum”.

Have fun and carry on.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: TheReign.9740

TheReign.9740

I still rally quite frequently when in both WvW and PvE, even while running around solo. It’s all a matter of can you use your downed skills to get yourself out of trouble before the clock runs out.

In PvE, when I notice that I’m about to die, I’ll purposely leave an enemy almost dead so that I can rally off of him when I enter the downed state. There are plenty of ways to utilize the downed state and in my opinion it’s working just fine.

[TL] Team Legacy – Isle of Janthir
teamlegacy.net
isleofjanthir.net

Nalora.7964

I still rally quite frequently when in both WvW and PvE, even while running around solo. It’s all a matter of can you use your downed skills to get yourself out of trouble before the clock runs out.

In PvE, when I notice that I’m about to die, I’ll purposely leave an enemy almost dead so that I can rally off of him when I enter the downed state. There are plenty of ways to utilize the downed state and in my opinion it’s working just fine.

Well, as I said I have played for more than a year now, given I began playing in BWE1, and I felt I had a pretty good grasp of my downed skills and used them to rally quite frequently, however in the past 3 weeks, I have yet to rally more than once.

Have I suddenly become inept? Or has something changed? My guess would be the latter.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I have played since BWE1, and I remember actually getting up during the downed state frequently. Now, unless someone is close by, I never rally——-on ANY character. Downed is just a slower death, but death is always the outcome.

Please, just remove this worthless state and kill us outright when our health falls to 0. It is wasted code and effort.

Also, in future when you nerf something for PVP or WvW please keep in mind those changes may not work in PvE.

I agree.

If one has no chance of getting up with one to several people hitting your character then downing has no use except to frustrate real human beings.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

I have played since BWE1, and I remember actually getting up during the downed state frequently. Now, unless someone is close by, I never rally——-on ANY character. Downed is just a slower death, but death is always the outcome.

Please, just remove this worthless state and kill us outright when our health falls to 0. It is wasted code and effort.

Also, in future when you nerf something for PVP or WvW please keep in mind those changes may not work in PvE.

Learn to play and deal with it.

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

hey fox , i think M$ had that “deal with it” attitude , see where that got them? ;-P

Nalora.7964

Learn to play and deal with it.

What was the purpose of your reply, Fox Soul, other than meanness and an attempt to belittle another human being?

I am certain that you have no idea if I can play or not, since you do not know me.

Again, my post is to ask that if downed skills have been nerfed beyond usefulness, then the code is just game clutter and should be removed entirely.

If they have been nerfed and the devs desire to keep it in game then if death is the “working as intended” result, what exactly is the point?

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

This thread belongs I the suggestions forum, the way it is worded. If you feel that there was a recent change that has impacted the downed state, please restate it as such.

I have my rage moments when I get spam knocked down then smeared into oblivion by a group of obsessed foes.. But we do the same to them, why should they grant us mercy?

Perhaps your build has been affected by the recent changes, or perhaps you will benefit from a change in strategy. I have 80’s of all but the thief (42) and each works best with significantly different play styles.

Pay close attention to the mechanics of the foes downing you, and adjust accordingly.

I am definitely not saying “learn to play,” but “adapt.” I still cringe when I see “out of range” for my short bow attacks, while greatswords with laser beams from Mesmers behind me are causing damage.. But I am learning to adapt as well.

Good luck!

Posted by: Hot Sauce.2867

Hot Sauce.2867

1) Bugs are things that don’t work as intended
2) Downed state is working as intended
3) Be better about surviving? What class are you having difficulty with? What build? What gear? It might make perfect sense that you die super fast in downed state

As a ranger I can tank some bosses while in downed state because of my bear…

If you are going to say that it is horrible at least give us some context so that you can get advice for something that is functioning just fine. What you are arguing seems to be just a rant.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

1) Bugs are things that don’t work as intended
2) Downed state is working as intended
3) Be better about surviving? What class are you having difficulty with? What build? What gear? It might make perfect sense that you die super fast in downed state

As a ranger I can tank some bosses while in downed state because of my bear…

If you are going to say that it is horrible at least give us some context so that you can get advice for something that is functioning just fine. What you are arguing seems to be just a rant.

Ah ha!

Bug: There is no /rant section on the forums.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I LOVE the downed state! Awesome part of the game! I might tinker with some of the skills for some of the professions, but on the whole it is exciting and fun when you can fight your way back from the brink of defeat and go on to victory!

This does belong in suggestions. My suggestion is that you take some of the tips here, hunt for tips elsewhere, and study what the downed skills for your specific profession do. Then go PRACTICE someplace with the goal of getting downed and improving your downed strategy for recovery.

(Create a new character for this. It won’t break the bank in armor repairs if it takes longer than expected to get yourself up to speed.)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Hum…
I might almost have the opposite complaint, in that I almost have to be in a major Bossfight (think: Priest of Balthazar) -and AFK to fail to rally. The outcome of going down is VERY situational, and just plucking randomly at skills isn’t automatically going to get you back up. If you fail to relate the details of the situation, we can’t understand the problem. At face value, the complaint being made is that ‘being down sucks’.

Nalora, if you want to be taken at face value and not assumed to be a troll, then explain using a detailed example of why you fail to rally. It is insufficient for you to only declare ‘this is broken, please delete this content’. Include not just what you we doing when you were down, but what your activities were prior to being downed.

//Yamagawa
-Ranger -sometimes revives with pet healing, sometimes kills stuff to rally. Rarely needs help.
-Ele -usually leaves the fight to rally.
-Mesmer -Usually revives by killing something, works best if I can tank a bit while down.
-Warrior -Vengence to Rally or Bust!
-Engineer -I’ve not played it much, but that I’ve seen it would work more like the Mesmer when downed.

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

Adding to Yamagawa’s post:

- Necromancer – Life drains until rallied, fears to buy time.
- Guardian – Survives until rallied (tags enemies with AoE knockback & heals)
- Engineer – Interrupts and damages until rallied (has a pull & AoE knockback)

In addition to that, I have to say that I’ve found my Guardian’s knockback AoE seems less inclined these days to properly tag enemies. Sometimes it suffices, sometimes it does not. Been making do with attempting to hit low health mooks with the other skill to increase the odds.

Frankly, I don’t think they should remove the downed state. Perhaps give a little check, see if the latest patches tweaked anything by accident – these things happen a lot in their coding style, as seen plenty of times in the past.

(edited by Auruan.2837)

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Ele’s mist form can buy a bit of time if it can lose agro and get away from the fight to bandage. Other than that the #1 skill does some damage but not as much as #3, but there’s an auto-cd on #3 when downed. But sometimes you just have to face the fact that you’re downed and there’s no one around to help you get up, and in that case you sometimes gotta bite the bullet and res at a WP. Best thing you can do is weigh up the fight a bit better the 2nd time around and take support if you can, and if not then try different tactics.

There are also foods that you can make/buy from the TP to give you extra downed health, but only use these if you know your character is weak while downed and your tactics aren’t great, or if it’s a particularly long boss fight and the rest of the party is downed as well. Having said that, the above post’s examples give different takes of how being downed can be handled and where your character’s profession is weak and how other professions can handle being downed better.

I keep thinking of an inscription that was in GW1, called “Knowing is half the battle”, and in this case that saying is so true. Arm yourself with the proper info and knowledge about the fight so you can handle it better and avoid being downed. Failing that, try better tactics, because that’s what will give you the edge in the end.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Binded Shadow.2836

Binded Shadow.2836

Dont even mention bugged guardian knockout in downed state…Enemies dont even need stability, it knocks them away in maybe 25% times…Kitten fail that this bug still exists.
When i compare guardian downed skills to ele’s or mesmer’s, which allow them to stay on battlefield for like minute, avoiding finisher like 3-4 times i regret taking guardian.

(edited by Binded Shadow.2836)

Posted by: WhiteAxolotl.7562

WhiteAxolotl.7562

Downed state is a really odd part of the game, when you jump off a 5 feet rock with 100 hp you splat like an ant under a boot, but when 100 people steamroll over you, you basically take your time to go and sit down, hold your knee and try to recover while your enemies are still going at it like a mob of raging monkeys.
Classes like elementalists also have a kittened way of using vapor form right in front of a gate and just running back into the tower, practically never dying from anything.

Removing it from atleast WvW would be a great addition.