Removed particle effects?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: timmaeh.7052

timmaeh.7052

Hope they fix it soon, wanna craft me that sword.

Posted by: Goullmir.6490

Goullmir.6490

This comment only concerns the foefire weapons, especially the Azureflame and Aether. I leave it to those that possess these pink thingies to argue for a permanent particle effect on what remains a basic skin underneath.

1.) I preferred the initial version of the 26/02 update of the Azureflame, but that’s just me.

2.) The advertised version is the one on the former preview in your inventory that didn’t exist ingame until recently and only for a brief moment.

3.) The difference that existed between the former preview and the ingame version sustains that the initial version was indeed bugged.

4.) No-particle effect when sheated is already the case for corrupted and destroyer weapons.

5.) It makes perfect sense that the effects only showed when your weapon is drawn, why waste energy when carring a weapon on your back.

6.) The pulsing effect when unsheating and firing the Azureflame was awesome.

Anet jumped the gun on the early revert to the bugged version and i don’t understand why they would do such a thing. It was a very cruel tease, if you consider that i was waiting patiently for a debugged version. I also feel for those that possess the foefire greatsword with the bugged chain ignoring all laws of gravity. I truly hope that Anet is either working on ways to seperate the particle effect programming on mist and foefire weapons, or on a third mid-way version of the foefire weapons.

(edited by Goullmir.6490)

Posted by: Trollhammar.7894

Trollhammar.7894

I don’t understand how ppl can call glowing on a stowed weapon a good thing. Unused weapons should be calm, like AC Weapons. But nice, because of ppl whining allot of good looking weapons are broken again, including vision of the mists. Its not suppose to be 2 blades overlapping, it does not look cooler this way. It looks sloppy, broken. Like Anet don’t care. The glassy shiny, borderline invisible look when it was stowed was awesome.

And how do we know the effect is suppose to calm down when the weapon?

Look at weapons like ghastly weapons, several legendary weapons etc etc. I think its sad that their so called fix actually “re-broke” weapons again. Sad!

Exactly what I said. Because of people whining Arenanet restored the Vision of the Mists the way it was before. Broken. Glowing with 2 Swords overlapping.

Great, I am not playing my mesmer until they fix this again.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

As an update on this, we’re still looking into the equipment that got fixed and then broken again. Thank you for the details!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Trollhammar.7894

Thank you for keeping us up to date and please excuse our emotions concerning these items. It is only because of the fact that they take quite long to obtain and complete our visual builds.

Trollhammar.7894

I was just wondering if you had an update for us on how far this issue is being processed by you guys

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I was just wondering if you had an update for us on how far this issue is being processed by you guys

It is either
1. They already did it but are waiting for patch day to put it in.
2. They completely forgot about it as new bugs came out with new content.

They aren’t going to patch the game just for this, as new builds require everyone to log off(interruption of the game). Forcing everyone to log off just to add a few particle effects is not good.

However, i hope we get a response(and a positive one saying it will be fixed in next patch) as this one seems to be a really easy fix.
They just have to take the new weapons they made(but reverted) and add the particle effects to each weapon even while sheathed.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Well, game got patched today, and it did not get fixed.

Guess they really completely forgot about it after discarding the changes…
Sad that it was fixed, then they broke it again.
Means it can be fixed but probably wont be fixed.
Hopefully they will fix it when it’s ready!(not buying any gems until they do ).

Trollhammar.7894

I still hope the patch will come out soon

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Anet has to look into the focus Bloodseeker as well

The red glow on the focus is not located at the right spot. Even though in preview mode it looks like it should, in real it doesn’t.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

Trollhammar.7894

Thank you for fixing the particle effects weapons including our Vision of the Mist.

I like it more when it was half way invisible when carried on the back but thats just my personal opinion. More important is that the double sword glitch is gone and I want to thank you for that!

Cheers