[Renegade] Brutal Momentum

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SappFire.5793

SappFire.5793

>While at full endurance, increase your chance to critically strike. Gain Vigor when you gain fury.
ICD 8 sec.

Somewhy ICD affects increase crit chance.

Posted by: Xytl.8659

Xytl.8659

Wow it’s because of an ICD? Thank you for being more perceptive than I am. I had made a thread about it here that includes a video: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Brutal-Momentum-randomly-turns-itself-off

edit: not sure it’s actually an ICD doing this because it only seems to happen when you have fury applied to you

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness
Co-Leader of the Get Fresh Crew

(edited by Xytl.8659)

Posted by: Madara.7435

Madara.7435

I just walked into the demo 10 minutes ago, this trait caught my eye for being too strong immediately. I tested this in the pvp lobby and it indeed seems the crit chance is tied to the icd. when you get fury and the trait triggers to give you vigor as it should, you loose the 33% crit chance buff even if at 100% endurance. this is not random. as it is right now it basically means if you dont run roiling mists this trait punishes you for getting fury. this is surely a bug and needs fixing!

———
Madara

Posted by: SappFire.5793

SappFire.5793

Wow it’s because of an ICD? Thank you for being more perceptive than I am. I had made a thread about it here that includes a video: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Brutal-Momentum-randomly-turns-itself-off

edit: not sure it’s actually an ICD doing this because it only seems to happen when you have fury applied to you

Crit chance goes down in same moment, as you gain vigor from fury. If you gain fury other way – it works

Posted by: Exhibit A.2346

Exhibit A.2346

It definitely looks like it’s the ICD. Basically, there should be a cooldown on the Vigor gain (same way most boon-granting traits do) but it puts the whole trait on cooldown, so you lose the +33% crit chance until the cooldown is over. Being the way Renegade synergizes so well with Fury, this is really an issue. Hope this gets fixed by release.

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

it cause of the vigor. every time oyu gain vigor it drops.

Exhibit A.2346

it cause of the vigor. every time oyu gain vigor it drops.

Is it actually happening every time you gain Vigor from any source, or only when you get it through the trait? The later would make more sense, but I suppose some weird coding problem could be triggering it whenever Vigor hits.

Exhibit A.2346

Just want to confirm that this bug is still present in today’s stress test. Anet, please, please fix this!

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Yeah just reported it in game.
I should have +33% crit chance while at full endurance. Checking the character screen, the bonus to precision comes and goes randomly. I find myself sometimes at 85% crit chance (including Fury) and sometimes at 52% crit chance (so just the bonus from Fury, even if I didn’t dodge).

Thanks for noticing that’s because of ICD.

If the trait is working as intended, it means we can’t use Valkyrie, but still go with Berserker and play as if the trait doesn’t exist, or if it’s a random bonus.

Renegade has already unusable skills, at least fix the traits please.

Posted by: Neeja.4579

Neeja.4579

A passive trait doesn’t work.
No underwater skills.
No bugfix for things that are broken since HoT.
Summons on a channeling class.
40/50 energy cost on skills.
Kalla (GS user) comes with a SB.

2 years of development.

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

It’s not the only bug on Renegade