Repairing client deletes all in game content

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: vAne.3759

vAne.3759

Hi,

As you are aware from time to time GW2 detects some kind of issue or problem with its last run. After that the client proposes you that it should check and repair the files. Problem just is that it usually means that client will delete all ingame content and starts downloading the hole client again. This has happened to me twice in past two days so im pretty sure its some kind of bug. If the game was any smaller no biggie, but downloading 260k files over and over again just to get to play this game isn’t fun anymore. Anyway I wasn’t sure u are aware of this kind of bug and decided to post it here. Thanks.

Best regards

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

If the game needs to download and replace a damaged file found in the gw2.dat archive during repair, and the game does not have the ability to modify the gw2 archive file and overwrite that damaged file, then it will try to re-download the entire gw2.dat archive file all over again.

Check to make sure that:

• Your game is set to Run As Administrator in the shortcut’s Properties > Compatibility tab.
  • The ‘Read Only’ attribute is not set in the right-click > Properties for Gw2.exe, Gw2.tmp and Gw2.dat files in the installation directory.

This will help make sure the game can properly modify files within the archive so it won’t think it needs to re-download the entire game again.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Might also check that your HDD and RAM are in working order if you’re having to re-download repeatedly.