Reserved Names

Reserved Names

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Zzulu.5489

Zzulu.5489

From what I understand, reserved names were supposed to have been released 48hrs after launch. Yet here we are over a week later and the reserved names from GW1 are STILL reserved.

Are there any plans at all to actually do what was promised and release these names soon?

Reserved Names

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

I would like to hear a word about reserved names as well.

And why some ONE worded names that are not taken and do not belong to GW 1 reservation are unavailable ?
I can not take my chosen name because it says that the name is already taken but there is no player with that character name in the game.
Can you clarify this. Thanks

Reserved Names

Posted by: Zzulu.5489

Zzulu.5489

I think people would understand if you told them you’re busy with other assorted launch issues, but please just say something, anything.

Reserved Names

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Some one-word names are off limits for a variety of reasons (language, avoid confusion with in-game NPCs, …). Any name is reserved for at least 24 hrs after a toon is deleted, which would cause you to find a name reserved without being able to find a character.

I suspect there are other reasons why some names might be unavailable still. An easy way to check whether the original GW1 reservations are still in effect is to try to create a character using the name of a friend’s toon from GW1: it you can, then something else is going on with the names you guys are choosing. If those names still show as reserved, then it sounds like a bug or at least an undocumented change in policy.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”