Reversal of Fortune (Achievement)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kanberg.7836

Kanberg.7836

Q:

This achievement doesn’t seem to work properly. Me and many others I’ve met have had some really annoying issues surrounding this; Ghostly Justiciar in Bloodstone Fen. People can’t seem to figure out exactly what triggers him throwing portals, or porting you. The few who’ve gotten this achievement have mixed responses concerning how they managed it. We’ve looked for AOE’s, tried breaking his blue bar, and just plain standing around and aggro-ing him, so he attacks you. Nothing seems to work. I myself have battled this guy over fifteen times by now, without any luck. Is this a bug or is the chance of him doing it just unbelievably slim? If this is a bug, I just wanted to inform you that it is present. In advance, thank you.

Posted by: Xeno.7403

Xeno.7403

I’ve fought him 12 times so far and no port for me. I’ve been looking into it and many people are having the same problem but no Anet responses.

Posted by: Feersum Endjinn.4179

Feersum Endjinn.4179

I got it first time I fought him, but that was early hours of the morning with only about 10 players.

Posted by: Flaphy.7135

Flaphy.7135

Same here, done it many many times now – we can’t get it to work.

Posted by: Cerpin.9152

Cerpin.9152

Got it randomly the first time fighting him. I was neither aware of the port mechanic or the achievement, nor was I consciously trying to attack him at that time…
Not sure how the port happened, but when I was up there I actually wanted to go kill some of the adds on the wall around the arena and when I dropped down to join the boss fight again, I got the achievement somehow.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I have done this about 6 times now and not once has anyone been launched in the air. Many whinges about stopping at 15% (no idea who picked this number) but even if damage is stopped no possible way of launching into the air is given.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

this is last achievement i have and i have yet to be launched in the air or seen anyone else get launched into the air :/

seems with a big zerg it is hard to get.. watched a video where everyone just stopped attacking him when he was low till he used them and also read to try to get in an empty map with less people.

haven’t been able to try either cause every map i get on has lots of players

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Latest patch fixed this.. Just did event and completed the achievement.

from patch notes:

Fixed a bug that prevented Ghostly Justiciar Hablion from using two of his skills, one of which is tied to the Reversal of Fortune achievement.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel